A strong advocate of the 2nd amendment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A strong advocate of the 2nd amendment

A strong advocate of the 2nd amendment

I caught part of the first hour of "Coast to Coast AM" the night of the Omaha mall shooting. A caller was actually shouting and screaming at the host, George Noory, for being in favor of people having guns and CCW permits. Mr. Noory finally got the man to shut up for a moment and calmly advised the person to research the facts and he would find that crime went down soon after states allowed carrying guns. He explained that CCW holders had extensive background checks and training.

I was very pleased that the host of a program with a listeneng audience numbered in the millions worldwide nightly, did such a good job explaining the true facts.

I am emailing him at the program website http://www.coasttocoastam.com to ask that he host a full program to this subject in the near future. I hope that some of you might do the same.

Coast to Coast

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    I caught part of the first hour of "Coast to Coast AM" the night of the Omaha mall shooting. A caller was actually shouting and screaming at the host, George Noory, for being in favor of people having guns and CCW permits. Mr. Noory finally got the man to shut up for a moment and calmly advised the person to research the facts and he would find that crime went down soon after states allowed carrying guns. He explained that CCW holders had extensive background checks and training.

I was very pleased that the host of a program with a listeneng audience numbered in the millions worldwide nightly, did such a good job explaining the true facts.

I am emailing him at the program website http://www.coasttocoastam.com to ask that he host a full program to this subject in the near future. I hope that some of you might do the same.

I used to listen a lot back when I worked the night shift. I started listening when Art Bell was the host. As far as the caller shouting and screaming, that is what most people do when they dont have a leg to stand on.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Were was mall security and could they handle perp with ak? We are at war with evil and it is merciless . This was tragic and preventable.

Mall Security

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Were was mall security and could they handle perp with ak? We are at war with evil and it is merciless . This was tragic and preventable.
    Not likely seeing as how their security is not even armed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

It's always nice to hear about a public figure standing up for what he believes in. It is all but unheard of unless it is Politically correct. I am very pleased to hear about this. I wish I could have heard it myself.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Thumbs up More good news

I listened to coast to coast again last night. George Noory had an excellent guest again that was pro cc during the first hour. I did not know it was going to be on until the last minute or I would have posted it. He mentioned that he would like to do a full 3 hour program soon and invited his guest to take part in it. As soon as he posts it on his site, i will also post it here. I also sent him the following email. I hope some of you might do the same.

George Noory
    Coasttocoastam.com.

12/10/07

I wish to thank you for your mini-interview of John Longenecker of www.goodforamerica.com. tonight. It was very educational. I was very pleased to hear that you are a CCW holder and that you are considering a full program on right to bear arms.

I hope that it can occur very soon, while the subject is on most people’s mind. I feel that the public must be educated on the real facts that are so well documented, especially the fact that the Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that we, not the police, are responsible for our own protection.

Thank you for your consideration,
    [email protected]
    Pahrump, NV

right to bear arms.
    Not picking on you, Gordo, but it came to me when reading this portion of your post. I thought I'd throw this out there for consideration...

I write a lot. Letters to the Editor, personal writings, I wrote professionally (Customer Relations letters for a Great German Auto Manufacturer) for a time. Words are important to me.

There are some words . . . Friend. Love. Truth. Honor. . . . that carry more weight, more 'value', IMHO, than other mere words. The kind that have you looking hard into the eyes when they're spoken. I have 'friends', and then I have 'Friends'. There is a clear distinction there in my mind.

I wonder if we might not include the word "Right" in that category, as in the context of describing a "Constitutional Right". I think that (for example) speaking about a "right to bear arms" minimizes its value, whereas "the Right to bear arms" elevates it to a higher plane.

Probably being picayune, but it's a distinction I make in my own writings, and I thought it worthy of consideration here. Whaddaya think?

Back to you...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Right to Bear Arms

Ektarr - Good point, that is too often slighted. I appreciate good, clear English, and the appropriate emphasis (i.e. Right, instead of right) to give the statement more force. For some, as you say, it may be too picky, but the language is deteriorating/changing, and needs to be used to best effect. Sorry if this sounds like a lecture, but sloppy language gives poor results. Look how the Founding Documents of this country are so lean, mean, and clear (at least to me!). Any judicial review of even so simple a sentence as the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, will be seen to take up pages of discourse, if not books. Too much legal training, I guess, seems to befuddle the brain (such as the meaning of "is").
    sailor

Thanks for the pointers, Ektarr & Sailor. No offence taken.

Btw, I hope some of you that write professionally will post some of your letters, as I suggested in my reply to Bohemian regarding his post about the Senate Bill 388.
    Gordo

Security Personnel

"Unarmed Security". Isn't that an oxymoron? When EPCOT was built at Disney World in Florida, all of the "security" guys carried radios. One day, one of the security guys demanded to look into a worker's lunch box on the way out to the parking lot. The man calmly told him no. The security guard quickly reached for his radio, like he was going to draw down on the worker. Everyone began to laugh. It made about as much sense as someone emptying a revolver into Superman's chest, and when that didn't faze him, they throw the revolver at him, like that might just do the trick!
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast