Stop Sotomayor Blitzkrieg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Stop Sotomayor Blitzkrieg

  1. #1

    Stop Sotomayor Blitzkrieg

    Ok Sheeple...

    Tomorrow Prince Harry Reid will be bringing the Sonia Sotomayor LIFETIME Confirmation before the full Senate...


    We must do a full court press on this one folks...

    Faxes & Phone calls everyday until she is either confirmed or denied...

    No more emails and snail mails at this point...

    They are going on holiday Friday, so don't let them slam this Anti-Constitution, anti-Second Amendment uber-left-wing gun banning liberal down our throats without a fight...

    U.S. Senate: Senators Home

    Don't forget to give extra attention to the following RINO's that sold us out on Harold Koh just weeks ago...

    The back-stabbing RINO Senators are:
    Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)
    Judd Gregg (R-NH)
    Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
    Richard Lugar (R-IN)
    Mel Martinez (R-FL)
    Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
    George Voinovich (R-OH)

    Of these 8 RINO's the following are also stating they intend to vote for the Confirmation of Sonia Sotomayor!

    Richard Lugar (R-IN)
    Mel Martinez (R-FL)
    Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
    Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)

    And apparently Senator Lindsay Graham (R-SC) has gone RINO and is currently stating he will also vote to confirm Sonia Sotomayor!

    Do not let this go unchallenged!

    Lets make them famous!

    Urge them to redeem themselves and support the Constitution and the Second Amendment as they were written and intended by our founding fathers...

    Among those that clearly state that Sotomayor will in fact be worse then Justice Souter she has been nominated to replace are...

    The National Rifle Association
    Gun Owners of America
    The Second Amendment Foundation

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    St. Louis/Missouri
    Posts
    578
    When will the Republicans learn? They keep thinking that if you accept Democrat appointments they will return the favor when the tables are turned.

    Sent so many letters in the past year I should change my job title to Writer.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    When will the Republicans learn? They keep thinking that if you accept Democrat appointments they will return the favor when the tables are turned.

    Sent so many letters in the past year I should change my job title to Writer.
    we need phone calls and faxes today and the rest of the week even if we have already...

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    St. Louis/Missouri
    Posts
    578
    I agree! I am by no means giving up the fight.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

  6. #5
    C-Span is televising the currnet "Discussion" on Ms Sotomayor. The vote maybe coming soon. 11:47 am est, 08/05/2010
    Semper Fi

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    C-Span is televising the currnet "Discussion" on Ms Sotomayor. The vote maybe coming soon. 11:47 am est, 08/05/2010
    Shut the Senate Switchboard down!

    Faxes & Phone Calls!

    U.S. Senate: Contacting The Senate

    You may phone the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request.

    U.S. Senate: Senators Home

    OPPOSE SOTOMAYOR

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Ok Sheeple...

    Tomorrow Prince Harry Reid will be bringing the Sonia Sotomayor LIFETIME Confirmation before the full Senate...


    We must do a full court press on this one folks...

    Faxes & Phone calls everyday until she is either confirmed or denied...

    No more emails and snail mails at this point...

    They are going on holiday Friday, so don't let them slam this Anti-Constitution, anti-Second Amendment uber-left-wing gun banning liberal down our throats without a fight...

    U.S. Senate: Senators Home

    Don't forget to give extra attention to the following RINO's that sold us out on Harold Koh just weeks ago...

    The back-stabbing RINO Senators are:
    Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)
    Judd Gregg (R-NH)
    Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
    Richard Lugar (R-IN)
    Mel Martinez (R-FL)
    Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
    George Voinovich (R-OH)

    Of these 8 RINO's the following are also stating they intend to vote for the Confirmation of Sonia Sotomayor!

    Richard Lugar (R-IN)
    Mel Martinez (R-FL)
    Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
    Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)

    And apparently Senator Lindsay Graham (R-SC) has gone RINO and is currently stating he will also vote to confirm Sonia Sotomayor!

    Do not let this go unchallenged!

    Lets make them famous!

    Urge them to redeem themselves and support the Constitution and the Second Amendment as they were written and intended by our founding fathers...

    Among those that clearly state that Sotomayor will in fact be worse then Justice Souter she has been nominated to replace are...

    The National Rifle Association
    Gun Owners of America
    The Second Amendment Foundation
    Another RINO Senator Kit Bond (R-Mo), needs to be reminded that a confirmation vote for Sotomayor will be a career ending vote for him...

    TheHill.com - Sen. Bond is 7th Republican to back Sotomayor

    .: United States Senator Kit Bond :: Welcome :.

    .: United States Senator Kit Bond :: Contact :.

    You may phone the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request.

    U.S. Senate: Contacting The Senate

    We need to step up the faxes and phone calls folks; OPPOSE THE LIFETIME CONFIRMATION OF SONIA SOTOMAYOR TODAY, and every day this week even if you have done so already...

    Additionally, in separate contact(s) ask your Congressmen to oppose at least the following...
    Universal Health Care and Cash for Clunkers, and Cap & Trade (AKA: Cap & Tax) three items they are trying to run through at the 11th hour this week before they go on vacation and anybody notices there is no way to fund this stuff other then taxing anybody breathing in the United States regardless of household income...

    U.S. Senate: Senators Home

    Representative Offices - United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 1st Session

    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    St. Louis/Missouri
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Another RINO Senator Kit Bond (R-Mo), needs to be reminded that a confirmation vote for Sotomayor will be a career ending vote for him...
    This is his last term. He is not running for reelection. What a shameful way to retire.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

  10. #9
    URGENT: Senate Votes on Thursday!

    U.S. Senate to Vote on Anti-gun Radical Supreme Court Nominee
    ACTION: Please contact your two Senators and urge them to oppose the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court. You can use the Legislative Action Centerto send your Senators a pre-written e-mail message.



    Senate to Vote on Sotomayor this Week
    -- But Senators could face backlash from voters
    by Erich Pratt The Senate has begun debating the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor for the U.S. Supreme Court. Most analysts believe she will be easily confirmed as seven Republicans plan to join most of the Democrats in favor of the Judge.
    However, Sotomayor has expressed extreme anti-gun views over the years -- a position which could result in political payback for any Senator who votes for her.
    A recent Zogby/O'Leary poll revealed that 52% of American voters "would oppose the re-election of any Senator who votes to confirm a Supreme Court nominee who does not believe in the right to keep and bear arms." Only 26% of voters would support such a Senator.
    The recent Senate hearings merely confirmed the anti-gun bias held by Judge Sotomayor:
    1. Anti-gun judicial record. Judge Sotomayor has held that there is "not a fundamental right" to keep and bear arms and that the Second Amendment -- whatever little it protects in her estimation -- does not apply to the states, only in Washington, DC. During the hearings, Judge Sotomayor did not back away from this view.
    2. Inability to support self-defense. When asked during the Senatorial hearings if she favored the right of self-defense, Sonia Sotomayor stated that such a proposition was an "abstract question" and that she couldn't think of a Supreme Court case that addressed that issue. However, she ignored the more than a dozen cases where the High Court has examined the issue.
    3. Misled Congress in regard to following the law. Judge Sotomayor repeatedly told Senators that she would follow statutory law and existing precedents. But she's already failed to do that during her judicial career. Sotomayor has been overturned on numerous occasions (6) by the Supreme Court and has been rebuked by both the Supreme Court and by appellate judges for not following precedents and statutes.
    So does anyone really think that she will be a stickler for precedent if she is confirmed to the high Court? Never mind the fact that in her rulings and in her statements, she has ignored a very important "precedent" -- the common understanding in this country for 150 years -- that the Second Amendment protects an individual right.
    Gun owners should encourage their Senators to vote NO on Judge Sonia Sotomayor.
    The seven Republican Senators who plan to vote for Sotomayor are: Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Christopher Bond of Missouri, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Richard G. Lugar of Indiana, Mel Martinez of Florida, and Susan Collins and Olympia J. Snowe of Maine
    [Click HERE to send a personal message to your Senators]

    http://gunowners.org/

    Joint Statement On Judge Sonia Sotomayor's Nomination To The United States Supreme Court
    http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=12702

    Poll reveals majority of voters oppose Anti-Second Amendment Supreme Court nominee

    Zogby/O'Leary asked voters: "Would you support or oppose a U.S. Senator who voted to confirm a Justice to the U.S. Supreme Court who does not believe in the right to keep and bear arms and the right to self-defense?" Fifty-two percent of American voters would oppose the re-election of any Senator who votes to confirm a Supreme Court nominee who does not believe in the right to keep and bear arms. Only 26 percent of voters would support such a Senator.

    Read About It: The O'Leary Report


    http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=12760

    Gun foes see new hope with Sotomayor

    After years of losing, gun control advocates say this week's vote on confirming Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court will be their long awaited win that shatters conventional wisdom and proves that the Second Amendment is no longer the unstoppable force of Washington politics.

    Read About It: The Washington Times

    http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=12763

    Sotomayory Slap In Face Of Second Amendment:
    http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=296











  11. #10
    Open Letter to Senate - Vote NO on Sotomayor! Tuesday, 04 August 2009

    Vote NO on Sotomayor!
    -- GOA to weigh this vote heavily in end-of-year rating



    August 4, 2009

    Dear Senator:
    I am writing to urge you to consider this: voting for the Second Amendment is a lot more important than voting in favor of a Latina for Supreme Court.
    My wife was born in Latin America and came to this country legally. Later, she decided to become an American citizen because she believes in the principles underlying the Constitution of this country.
    She is disgusted with the campaign that would have you vote for Judge Sonia Sotomayor because the judge is an Hispanic. Hispanics do not vote as a bloc. It is offensive to suggest that they do. Those promoting Sotomayor have too often resorted to that kind of insulting rhetoric.
    Gun Owners of America will rate a vote against Sotomayor as a vote FOR the Constitution of the United States which you swore to uphold -- a document which she has voted to disregard on numerous occasions.
    Conversely, a vote for Sonia Sotomayor will be seen as a preference for ethnic identity over the rule of law.
    That is why your vote will be so heavily weighted by Gun Owners of America.
    Sincerely,
    Larry Pratt
    Executive Director Gun Owners of America

    http://gunowners.org/ch08042009lp.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast