USA Today Poll on Gun Ownership - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USA Today Poll on Gun Ownership

I don't believe they care what we want. They say what we want to hear until they get elected. Then they just do whatever makes them happy.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Just voted still running 98% yes.
    An armed society is a polite society.

642654 votes
    2% no
    1% undecided

They don't care

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I don't believe they care what we want. They say what we want to hear until they get elected. Then they just do whatever makes them happy.
    Sad to say for the most part you are right. Like I have said before "How can you tell if a politition is telling a lie? Answer, if his lips are moving.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

As an amateur student of Etymology, I find that understanding the foundations of a word will frequently help you understand it better.

Take, for example, the word "Politics"...

This is a 'combination' word, and comes from the Latin word, Poli, meaning "Many"...

...and Ticks . . . Annoying, blood sucking little insects.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    As an amateur student of Etymology, I find that understanding the foundations of a word will frequently help you understand it better.
    I thought etymology was the study of insects. :D That could have given you a lot of insight about today's politicians.
    Last edited by DrDavidM; 02-01-2008 at 08:11 AM.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I put my vote in. yes, do I need to explain.:)
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

9. The question is who is listening?Do they care ? are we just giving the other side our locations and armament.

I find it shocking that when I voted, (I have that right :) ) and toyed with the calculator I realized 12969.56 people voted "no".

How do we 'correct' this idiotic thought process before these people vote?
    Last edited by Memphis; 02-03-2008 at 10:58 PM.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

2nd Amendment

The USA poll is now 97%. My thoughts are watch out for government regulation. Look what our great CA government has done over the last 20 years. The Feds are next and it probably doesn't make any difference who gets elected. Great poll hope the world see it.
    Sheep Dog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast