USA Today Poll on Gun Ownership
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USA Today Poll on Gun Ownership

USE Today survey, Please vote

"A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! ® Copyrighted 1996
    [email protected]

Now that's what I like to see!

Yes 98%

No 1%

Undecided 0%

39490 votes
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Still the same:

Yes - 98%

No - 1%

Undecided - 0%

Total Votes: 49643

with 52200 votes still
    98% yes
    1% no
    :D
    Today is a good day to have a good day

52919 total votes
    98% yes
    1% no
    0% undecided

USA Today Poll on Gun Ownership

“Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

USA Poll

As of my reply time/date, 98% yes - 2% no. Total response of 72055. Pretty good!
    sailor

I voted "YES" because I know that it is the common belief (even in these gun forums) that the Second Amendment gives us (the people) the right to keep and bear arms. In truth, the right to keep and bear arms is an intrinsic fundamental right recognized by our founders and Framers of the Constitution. All the Second Amendment does is protect us from "infringement" of this fundamental right. If you really look at it closely, you'll probably see what I mean.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The introductory clause "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," is just that...an introductory clause common to legal writings drafted in this period. The key point of this amendment is: " the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". The right of the people to keep and bear arms is assumed, axiomatically, to be a fundamental right that would exist even without the Second Amendment which protects that right from infringement.

I hope that I'm clear on this. I tend to ramble a little on RKBA issues which I support with vigor!
    Last edited by gvaldeg1; 01-24-2008 at 02:26 AM.
    MOLON LABE

I found a link to an older article (1995) on the meaning of the Second Amendment which explains it from various viewpoints including that of the Constitutional Framers. This may help in explaining my previous position:

http://www.fff.org/freedom/1095e.asp
    MOLON LABE

97% for??? wow....guess that leaves the 2% as the politicians that want all the power and the 1% as the people that didn't know we had Amendments?
    Still very powerful little poll. I wonder if D.C. and New York City and other politicians will see this and change there mind seeing that they are public SERVANTS and not the ruling God's they think they are....ok, back to reality.
    Rule #1 of CCW: Don't get made.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast