Americans Disappointed In Confirmation Of Anti-Constitution Sotomayor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Americans Disappointed In Confirmation Of Anti-Constitution Sotomayor

Americans Disappointed In Confirmation Of Anti-Constitution Sotomayor

Americans Disappointed In Confirmation Of Anti-Constitution, Anti-Second Amendment Sonia Sotomayor

No Justice nominee in history has a worse record of cases overturned by the very court she has been nominated and now confirmed to...
    Over 90%

Additionally, the National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, Second Amendment Foundation, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, and others, all agree she is the worst Nominee ever nominated and confirmed to SCOTUS, when it comes to her actual record on the Constitution and the Second Amendment...

Further, they will make sure that all voters remember Harry Reid and the other Senators from all parties whom sold out the Constitution and the Second Amendment today and back in June when they confirmed Harold Koh, another individual with a indisputable Anti-Constitution and Anti-Second Amendment record...

Remember Harry Reid, the Democrats, Independents and RINOS, who sold out the Constitution and Second Amendment today...

Email, Snail Mail, Fax and telephone them and let them know that this transgression will NOT be forgotten...

Every Senator Needs To Get A Fax, Phone Call, Email and Snail Mail...

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

I wonder if they were more interested in "making history" than appointing a proper judge. That's mainly what the newscasts kept saying "This is a historical moment".

Sotomayor won confirmation by 68-31 vote in favor. So it appears that most Americans want Sotomayor to represent them in the Supreme Court. All of the democratic Senators with the two independents had voted in favor and surprisingly with the addition of 9 republican senators, wow!

The Senators who represent their constituents have spoken. It's obvious the turn-coat Republican senators were not phased by the NRA or other pro-2nd Amendment groups threats.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Sotomayor won confirmation by 68-31 vote in favor. So it appears that most Americans want Sotomayor to represent them in the Supreme Court. All of the democratic Senators with the two independents had voted in favor and surprisingly with the addition of 9 republican senators, wow!

The Senators who represent their constituents have spoken. It's obvious the turn-coat Republican senators were not phased by the NRA or other pro-2nd Amendment groups threats.
    Senate Confirms Radical Anti-gunner to the U.S. Supreme Court
    -- But Obama nomination suffers a higher than normal number of opposition votes

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
    http://www.gunowners.org

Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Senate easily confirmed the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court. Only 31 Senators took seriously their oath to uphold the Constitution and voted against this radical anti-gun nominee, with 68 voting for confirmation.

All the Democrats in attendance voted for Sotomayor, while nine Republicans joined their ranks.

The Republican Senators who voted for Sotomayor were: Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Christopher Bond of Missouri, Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Richard G. Lugar of Indiana, Mel Martinez of Florida, George Voinovich of Ohio and Susan Collins and Olympia J. Snowe of Maine.

Many Democrat Senators campaigned on a pro-Second Amendment platform, yet voted to confirm a nominee who does not believe you have a fundamental right to self defense or an individual right to possess a firearm.

Placing the prerogatives of President Obama over their constitutional "Advice and Consent" duty, many so-called pro-gun Senators reneged on their promises to voters that they would support the individual right to keep and bear arms.

The common refrain heard in the Senate before the vote was: "The President deserves his pick."

Of course, Senator Barrack Obama did not hold that view in 2006, when he opposed President Bush's pick of Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. Then-Senator Obama said:
    There are some who believe that the President, having won the election, should have the complete authority to appoint his nominee, and the Senate should only examine whether or not the Justice is intellectually capable and an all-around nice guy. That once you get beyond intellect and personal character, there should be no further question whether the judge should be confirmed.

I disagree with this view. I believe firmly that the Constitution calls for the Senate to advise and consent. I believe that it calls for meaningful advice and consent that includes an examination of a judge's philosophy, ideology, and record.
    Thankfully, we are seeing more and more Senators stand up to Obama's radical agenda. You will remember that GOA encouraged you to lobby other gun groups so that gun owners across the country could speak with a unified voice in opposition to Judge Sotomayor.

We were hugely successful in this endeavor! News reports credit the gun lobby's strong and unified opposition to Sotomayor as resulting in at least three NO votes from Senators who were previously undecided or in favor of the nominee. Even that figure is probably low, considering that 31 NO votes is a lot better than three NO votes (in the case of Justice Ginsburg) and nine NO votes (in the case of Justice Breyer).

One of the fence-sitting Senators who voted right today was Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah. For the first time in his 33 year Senate career, Hatch voted against a Supreme Court nomination. You may remember that Hatch even supported Obama's pick for Attorney General and voted to end the filibuster on Harold Koh, the radical choice for the State Department counsel.

But faced with mounting pressure from grassroots in his state, Sen. Hatch broke with long-standing tradition regarding his support for Supreme Court nominations. Today, he voted against Judge Sotomayor.

"I feel very badly that I have to vote negatively -- it's not what I wanted to do when this process started -- but I believe that I'm doing the honorable and right thing," Sen. Hatch was quoted as saying in Newsday.

Thank you, everyone, for putting the heat on your Senators. President Obama would do well to interpret 31 NO votes as a "shot across the bow." With his approval ratings plummeting, the president's next Supreme Court pick may have to be far more in the mainstream.

NOTE:
    Lindsey Graham (R-SC) joined the other Second Amendment Sell-Out RINO's that previously confirmed the committed gun banner Harold Koh back in June...

Vote These RINO's AND REID AND PELOSI OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post

... Sotomayor won confirmation by 68-31 vote in favor. So it appears that most Americans want Sotomayor to represent them in the Supreme Court.
    Ha! Richard... you are so funny! Unfortunately, the damage your buddy the Community-Organizer-in-Chief and his agenda will do to our nation won’t be nearly as humorous.

Sure hope people like you wise up before 2010 and help hand out some of those 68 pink slips that are so richly deserved!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

All the Democrats in attendance voted for Sotomayor, while nine Republicans joined their ranks.

The Republican Senators who voted for Sotomayor were: Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Christopher Bond of Missouri, Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Richard G. Lugar of Indiana, Mel Martinez of Florida, George Voinovich of Ohio and Susan Collins and Olympia J. Snowe of Maine.

Many Democrat Senators campaigned on a pro-Second Amendment platform, yet voted to confirm a nominee who does not believe you have a fundamental right to self defense or an individual right to possess a firearm.

Placing the prerogatives of President Obama over their constitutional "Advice and Consent" duty, many so-called pro-gun Senators reneged on their promises to voters that they would support the individual right to keep and bear arms.

The common refrain heard in the Senate before the vote was: "The President deserves his pick."

Of course, Senator Barrack Obama did not hold that view in 2006, when he opposed President Bush's pick of Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. Then-Senator Obama said:

"There are some who believe that the President, having won the election, should have the complete authority to appoint his nominee, and the Senate should only examine whether or not the Justice is intellectually capable and an all-around nice guy. That once you get beyond intellect and personal character, there should be no further question whether the judge should be confirmed. I disagree with this view. I believe firmly that the Constitution calls for the Senate to advise and consent. I believe that it calls for meaningful advice and consent that includes an examination of a judge's philosophy, ideology, and record."

One of the fence-sitting Senators who voted right today was Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah. For the first time in his 33 year Senate career, Hatch voted against a Supreme Court nomination. But faced with mounting pressure from grassroots in his state, Sen. Hatch broke with long-standing tradition regarding his support for Supreme Court nominations. Today, he voted against Judge Sotomayor.

Thank you, everyone, for putting the heat on your Senators. President Obama would do well to interpret 31 NO votes as a "shot across the bow." With his approval ratings plummeting, the president's next Supreme Court pick may have to be far more in the mainstream. (More)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    Sure hope people like you wise up before 2010 and help hand out some of those 68 pink slips that are so richly deserved!
    I live in one of the most anti-gun states in america(NY), where anti-gun Chuck Schumer(D-NY) is the senior senator and was one of the authors of the federal "Assault Weapons Ban". NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg(Mayors Against Illegal Guns), he was the one that sent investigators into Virginia to attempt straw purchases of firearms in order to later file suit. I wish I had some pink slips to give out.

Senate Roll Call Of Who Sold Out The Constitution, The Second Amendment and the American People...

Lets Make Them Famous!

Take Notes!...
    Copy this and save it as a reminder, when these hypocrites try to claim they support the Constitution & The Second Amendment...

Educate Friends, Family & Neighbors!

VOTE THE BUMS OUT!

Friday, August 7, 2009

The following is the roll call by which the Senate confirmed Judge Sonia Sotomayor on a 68 to 31 vote to be the nation's 111th Supreme Court justice FOR LIFE...

Democrats YES... We Now Know There Is Not One Single Democrat Senator In Office That Supports The Constitution & The Second Amendment as they were written and intended by our founding fathers...

Akaka (Hawaii)
    Baucus (Mont.)
    Bayh (Ind.)
    Begich (Alaska)
    Bennet (Colo.)
    Bingaman (N.M.)
    Boxer (Calif.)
    Brown (Ohio)
    Burris (Ill.)
    Byrd (W.Va.)
    Cantwell (Wash.)
    Cardin (Md.)
    Carper (Del.)
    Casey (Pa.)
    Conrad (N.D.)
    Dodd (Conn.)
    Dorgan (N.D.)
    Durbin (Ill.)
    Feingold (Wis.)
    Feinstein (Calif.)
    Franken (Minn.)
    Gillibrand (N.Y.)
    Hagan (N.C.)
    Harkin (Iowa)
    Inouye (Hawaii)
    Johnson (S.D.)
    Kaufman (Del.)
    Kerry (Mass.)
    Klobuchar (Minn.)
    Kohl (Wis.)
    Landrieu (La.)
    Lautenberg (N.J.)
    Leahy (Vt.)
    Levin (Mich.)
    Lincoln (Ark.)
    McCaskill (Mo.)
    Menendez (N.J.)
    Merkley (Ore.)
    Mikulski (Md.)
    Murray (Wash.)
    Nelson (Fla.)
    Nelson (Neb.)
    Pryor (Ark.)
    Reed (R.I.)
    Reid (Nev.)
    Rockefeller (W.Va.)
    Schumer (N.Y.)
    Shaheen (N.H.)
    Specter (Pa.)
    Stabenow (Mich.)
    Tester (Mont.)
    Udall (Colo.)
    Udall (N.M.)
    Warner (Va.)
    Webb (Va.)
    Whitehouse (R.I.)
    Wyden (Ore.)

Democrats Not Voting... We know how Gun Ban Teddy would have voted anyway...

Kennedy (Mass.)

Independents YES... The Lone Independent Senator sold out the Second amendment too...

Lieberman (Conn.) Sanders (Vt.)

Republicans YES... RINO'S... NUFF SAID!

Alexander (Tenn.)
    Bond (Mo.)
    Collins (Maine)
    Graham (S.C.)
    Gregg (N.H.)
    Lugar (Ind.)
    Martinez (Fla.)
    Snowe (Maine)
    Voinovich (Ohio)

Republicans NO... These Senators Stood Up & Supported The Constitution, The Second Amendment and the American People...

Barrasso (Wyo.)
    Bennett (Utah)
    Brownback (Kan.)
    Bunning (Ky.)
    Burr (N.C.)
    Chambliss (Ga.)
    Coburn (Okla.)
    Cochran (Miss.)
    Corker (Tenn.)
    Cornyn (Tex.)
    Crapo (Idaho)
    DeMint (S.C.)
    Ensign (Nev.)
    Enzi (Wyo.)
    Grassley (Iowa)
    Hatch (Utah)
    Hutchison (Tex.)
    Inhofe (Okla.)
    Isakson (Ga.)
    Johanns (Neb.)
    Kyl (Ariz.)
    McCain (Ariz.)
    McConnell (Ky.)
    Murkowski (Alaska)
    Risch (Idaho)
    Roberts (Kan.)
    Sessions (Ala.)
    Shelby (Ala.)
    Thune (S.D.)
    Vitter (La.)
    Wicker (Miss.)

Fair is fair... every one of this Senators needs to receive, emails, phone calls, faxes, and snail mails either thanking them for Standing Up for the Constitution and the Second Amendment or expressing your disappointment to those who Sold Out The Constitution, The Second Amendment and the American People...
    And remind them their in-state Constituents, out of State Supporters, Campaign Contributors and The National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, The Second Amendment Foundation, Jews For The Preservation Of Firearms Ownership, and millions of other Americans WILL NOT FORGET THEIR TRANSGRESSION COME RE-ELECTION TIME...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Senate Roll Call Of Who Sold Out The Constitution, The Second Amendment and the American People...

Lets Make Them Famous!

Take Notes!...
    Copy this and save it as a reminder, when these hypocrites try to claim they support the Constitution & The Second Amendment...

Educate Friends, Family & Neighbors!

VOTE THE BUMS OUT!

Friday, August 7, 2009

The following is the roll call by which the Senate confirmed Judge Sonia Sotomayor on a 68 to 31 vote to be the nation's 111th Supreme Court justice FOR LIFE...

Democrats YES... We Now Know There Is Not One Single Democrat Senator In Office That Supports The Constitution & The Second Amendment as they were written and intended by our founding fathers...

Akaka (Hawaii)
    Baucus (Mont.)
    Bayh (Ind.)
    Begich (Alaska)
    Bennet (Colo.)
    Bingaman (N.M.)
    Boxer (Calif.)
    Brown (Ohio)
    Burris (Ill.)
    Byrd (W.Va.)
    Cantwell (Wash.)
    Cardin (Md.)
    Carper (Del.)
    Casey (Pa.)
    Conrad (N.D.)
    Dodd (Conn.)
    Dorgan (N.D.)
    Durbin (Ill.)
    Feingold (Wis.)
    Feinstein (Calif.)
    Franken (Minn.)
    Gillibrand (N.Y.)
    Hagan (N.C.)
    Harkin (Iowa)
    Inouye (Hawaii)
    Johnson (S.D.)
    Kaufman (Del.)
    Kerry (Mass.)
    Klobuchar (Minn.)
    Kohl (Wis.)
    Landrieu (La.)
    Lautenberg (N.J.)
    Leahy (Vt.)
    Levin (Mich.)
    Lincoln (Ark.)
    McCaskill (Mo.)
    Menendez (N.J.)
    Merkley (Ore.)
    Mikulski (Md.)
    Murray (Wash.)
    Nelson (Fla.)
    Nelson (Neb.)
    Pryor (Ark.)
    Reed (R.I.)
    Reid (Nev.)
    Rockefeller (W.Va.)
    Schumer (N.Y.)
    Shaheen (N.H.)
    Specter (Pa.)
    Stabenow (Mich.)
    Tester (Mont.)
    Udall (Colo.)
    Udall (N.M.)
    Warner (Va.)
    Webb (Va.)
    Whitehouse (R.I.)
    Wyden (Ore.)

Democrats Not Voting... We know how Gun Ban Teddy would have voted anyway...

Kennedy (Mass.)

Independents YES... The Lone Independent Senator sold out the Second amendment too...

Lieberman (Conn.) Sanders (Vt.)

Republicans YES... RINO'S... NUFF SAID!

Alexander (Tenn.)
    Bond (Mo.)
    Collins (Maine)
    Graham (S.C.)
    Gregg (N.H.)
    Lugar (Ind.)
    Martinez (Fla.)
    Snowe (Maine)
    Voinovich (Ohio)

Republicans NO... These Senators Stood Up & Supported The Constitution, The Second Amendment and the American People...

Barrasso (Wyo.)
    Bennett (Utah)
    Brownback (Kan.)
    Bunning (Ky.)
    Burr (N.C.)
    Chambliss (Ga.)
    Coburn (Okla.)
    Cochran (Miss.)
    Corker (Tenn.)
    Cornyn (Tex.)
    Crapo (Idaho)
    DeMint (S.C.)
    Ensign (Nev.)
    Enzi (Wyo.)
    Grassley (Iowa)
    Hatch (Utah)
    Hutchison (Tex.)
    Inhofe (Okla.)
    Isakson (Ga.)
    Johanns (Neb.)
    Kyl (Ariz.)
    McCain (Ariz.)
    McConnell (Ky.)
    Murkowski (Alaska)
    Risch (Idaho)
    Roberts (Kan.)
    Sessions (Ala.)
    Shelby (Ala.)
    Thune (S.D.)
    Vitter (La.)
    Wicker (Miss.)

Fair is fair... every one of this Senators needs to receive, emails, phone calls, faxes, and snail mails either thanking them for Standing Up for the Constitution and the Second Amendment or expressing your disappointment to those who Sold Out The Constitution, The Second Amendment and the American People...
    And remind them their in-state Constituents, out of State Supporters, Campaign Contributors and The National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, The Second Amendment Foundation, Jews For The Preservation Of Firearms Ownership, and millions of other Americans WILL NOT FORGET THEIR TRANSGRESSION COME RE-ELECTION TIME...

I emailed Sherod Brown, and George Voinovich from Ohio this morning.

He also points out her legal philosophy is outside the mainstream of American jurisprudence and isn't guided by the Constitution. But he still voted for her.

I see George has his Senate speech on his home page, trying to say he is only voting on credentials, and not what is in her heart, but still he points out her personal view points direct her judgement.

"I think I would be remiss in my discussion of Judge Sotomayor if I failed to address the Supreme Court’s decision in Ricci v. DeStefano. By now, all of my colleagues and many Americans are aware that the Supreme Court reversed the Second Circuit’s decision in the Ricci case. This case involved a reverse discrimination suit against the City of New Haven, Connecticut. Some opponents of Judge Sotomayor’s confirmation have used this opinion to suggest her legal philosophy is outside the mainstream of American jurisprudence and that her nomination should be rejected. I believe a review of the close decisions rendered by the various federal courts, including the Second Circuit’s 7 to 6 decision to refuse to rehear the case and the Supreme Court’s 5 to 4 decision to reverse the Second Circuit suggests this matter was, for a number of the judges that reviewed the case, a close call. Nevertheless, I believe that Judge Sotomayor and her fellow panel judges would have better served the public interest by issuing a more comprehensive decision regarding their logic in affirming the district court’s decision in favor of the City of New Haven.

In closing, I would like to make a few remarks about the judicial confirmation process. Judge Sotomayor is the third nominee to the Supreme Court to come before the Senate since I came here in 1999. For both Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito, then-Senator Obama promoted an “empathy standard” to determine if he would vote for those nominees. Then-Senator Obama said, “The critical ingredient is supplied by what is in the judge's heart.” Such an analysis is no analysis at all. It flies in the face of the meritocracy in which Judge Sotomayor succeeded. All of us in this chamber can examine the academic credentials of, and prior judicial decisions authored by, a nominee and determine whether he or she is qualified. We cannot examine and judge what is in the heart.

Let me be clear. If I applied President Obama’s standard, I would not be voting for Judge Sotomayor, his nominee. The President was wrong. His standard makes the whole nominations process an exercise in partisan politics. We need less politics in the judicial selection process and the Judiciary in general, not more. I cannot more strongly urge all of my colleagues to reject the Obama empathy standard, just as Judge Sotomayor rejected it, just as I am rejecting it, and return to a standard where it is the qualifications of the nominee that we judge, not the politics or “heart” of that nominee.

Judge Sotomayor is not the nominee I would have selected if I were President, but making a nomination is not my role here today. My role is to examine her qualifications to determine if she is fit to serve. In reviewing Judge Sotomayor’s academic and professional record and taking into account her temperament and integrity, it is clear to me that she is qualified to serve as the next Associate Justice of the Supreme Court. Do not be mistaken, however, I am not bound to accept any nominee of a President and will subject all future nominees to the same rigorous review I applied to Judge Sotomayor.

Mr. President, I yield the floor."

Why don't the "democrats" change their party name to the socialist party and refer to themselves as socialists?? There is nothing democratic about their agenda!! Obama has been feathering his nest and filling his cabinet with "manchurian candidates". We are headed towards "obamunism"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast