Senator Jeff Sessions spanks Shep Smith during a Fox News interview today!

Thread: Senator Jeff Sessions spanks Shep Smith during a Fox News interview today!

Senator Jeff Sessions spanks Shep Smith during a Fox News interview today!

During a Fox News interview regarding the second amendment and Sotomayor’s confirmation today, Shepherd Smith pointed out that Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama had voted NO on confirming Sotomayor.

Smith then asked Senator Sessions why he hadn’t joined other republican senators in confirming the nation’s first latino female to the SCOTUS. Senator Sessions explained there were several valid reasons which led to his voting NO on Sotomayor. One reason had to do with a recent Sotomayor ruling where she held that the states had the right to deny individuals within cities, counties, and states, the right to have a gun.

Before Senator Sessions could finish his answer, Smith interrupted the Senator and exclaimed, "… I know Senator Sessions that you are one who would understand and appreciate the fact that there’s a big difference between wandering around Tuscaloosa and wandering in the subway system of New York City. There’s just different rules for different places!?"

The Senator replied, "Well they are able to have different rules, but the Constitution applies in every state Shepherd. And the Constitution says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. So that was a troubling decision. If it’s not reversed, any city in America and any state in America could deny the right to keep guns. And I don’t believe that’s what the American people want." (Video)
    I appreicate Senator Sessions for his understanding and firm stance on protecting the Constitution and in our second amendment right to keep and bear arms! It's unfortunate that so many in todays media (including Shep Smith) do not understand what the constitution says. :(
    Last edited by matthewaynelson; 08-07-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: UPDATED: typos corrected!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

They don't understand and don't care. Shep Smith is a very liberal individual who has no respect for the US Constitution.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

You've got a typo there Matt.

"… I know Senator Sessions that you are one who would understand and appreciate the fact that there’s a big difference between wandering around Tuscaloosa and wandering in the subway system of New York City.
    Had me confused reading it..."wondering? What were the wondering?"

A lot of folks don't seem to understand that spell check only does individual words, what they need is "context check". I have been on several forums for over a year now and have come to accept that some folks can't "spill tu gud" but that doesn't mean they are not allowed a voice. I do wish they would try a little harder on spelling as it reinforces the left's "ass"ertation that we are a bunch of hicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post

... you've got a typo there Matt.
    Thanks for the catch Xader. My apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by Tex4oc View Post
    A lot of folks don't seem to "spill tu gud" it reinforces the left's "ass"ertation that we are a bunch of hicks.
    Yikes Tex! My apologies for giving the grammatically-correct-left cause to assert we are hicks. :(
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    Thanks for the catch Xader. My apologies!
    Happens to the best of us!

Example: typo in my post "What were the wondering?"

I'm a little confused. I read the initial post, and the word wandering is used correctly both times. What's the problem?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post

... I'm a little confused.
    Ha! No worries tatted, you're not losing it... I had corrected the post fixing the original typos. :)