Man with openly carried gun in crowd at Obama townhall - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Man with openly carried gun in crowd at Obama townhall

Stop now, you're killin' me...

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Is John McCain a Progressivist???
    Allow me to regain my composure after nearly choking on my soda...

Is McCain a progressive? You're joking, right?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Allow me to regain my composure after nearly choking on my soda...

Is McCain a progressive? You're joking, right?
    It was more "tounge-in-cheek" and said in jest, because my quote of Teddy Roosevelt was tagged as being a progressivist and McCain stated that Teddy was his HERO and quoted the "Big Stick" theory twice in his presidential debate. Anywho, just because a progressivist used & referenced the quote, doesn't make it any less significant. The joke was on McCain during Bohemia and I's "tit for tat"

Rick
    "There once was a woman who was quite begat. She had three babies named Nat, Pat, and Tat. She said it was fun in the breeding, but found it was hell in the feeding when she saw there was no tit for Tat." Hahahaha

Juan Amnesty Loving, Constitution & Second Amendment Trampling and Hypocrite McCain is a Self-Proclaimed Moderate that has often quoted Teddy Roosevelt a Progressive and founder of the Progressive Party...

Neither Progressives or Moderates are supporters of the Constitution and Second Amendment as they were written and intended by our founding fathers...

Further, McCain is often found arm-in-arm on Anti-Constitution and Anti-Second Amendment issues with the likes of Gun-Ban Teddy Kennedy, Hanoi John Kerry, et.al. ...

None of which is/was worth the mud/sand/dirt/snow and fubar I traveled/endured/chewed on in 4 continents in defense of the Constitution as it was written and intended by our founding fathers...

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Anywho, just because a progressivist used & referenced the quote, doesn't make it any less significant.
    Please do then explain to me the significance of the quote as it relates here. Because as I interpret it, it means that you should keep your "big stick" hidden from the public. I'm sorry, but I just do not agree. The "meeting people in the middle" that you state we must adopt WILL NOT allow us to maintain our RKBA. In fact, it is that very complacency and compromise that has led us to our current situation. More of the same poison is not an antidote.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Please do then explain to me the significance of the quote as it relates here. Because as I interpret it, it means that you should keep your "big stick" hidden from the public. I'm sorry, but I just do not agree. The "meeting people in the middle" that you state we must adopt WILL NOT allow us to maintain our RKBA. In fact, it is that very complacency and compromise that has led us to our current situation. More of the same poison is not an antidote.
    I strongly believe that "meeting people in the middle" is an excellent tactic. There are numerous gun owners who are on the fence in many different aspects of 2nd amendment, ie: Assualt weapons and CCW. Many gun owners feel that a gun in the house is OK, but carrying the firearm in public should be left to the police. In the state of Connecticut people have an option to either apply for a CCW or a "Eligibility Certificate" for purchase of a handgun. When I go to the ranges in Connecticut, I am amazed on how many people bring their firearms in locked cases, they just don't want to carry a firearm, for whatever reason. Now would these people fight to maintain the right to carry a firearm, maybe or maybe not, since they don't carry, they might feel nobody really needs to.

When it comes down to it, the fight for the 2nd Amendment, WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET. "Speaking Softly", would easily bring people especially gun owners on the fence to our side, but if you continue with that "hard-line" talk, you will scare them away, trust me on that one. Also, develop a WAR plan and pick your battles wisely, don't let them see you coming. No more of this lone-wolf crap. Organized and I mean Organized, protests and lobbying efforts for your 2nd. Amend. rights. Being involved in all levels politics!! If Mr. Kostic would have taken a little time and contacted the local NRA branch and other gun owners associations in New Hampshire and organized an armed group(hopefully a large one) protest, THAT WOULD HAVE MADE A STATEMENT!

Don't forget, there are alot of gun-owners who are registered democrats and independents, don't alienate them!!

WTFU Sheeple...

Rights you do not use you lose...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Apparently still needs repeating...

The Second Amendment reaffirms a pre-existing unalienable right...

Further, it does not state "Shall Not Be Infringed" except...
    IF your zip code is x, you happen to be standing/sitting at y, the type or class of firearm or weapon you have or desire to have is z or if said weapon is concealed or openly carried...

The Second Amendment is non-negotiable...

"Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - Tench Coxe 1789

+1 on exercising rights where legal to avoid losing them.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

I have to say for me, the Big Stick theory works better if the stick is not shown...Keeps the fools who would test you guessing... Keeps you calm and in a peaceful state of mind, but I do agree that for some the option for open carry is the way they best express and exercise their rights... We all do it differently, but we all do it. Some states dictate how we do it, but we do it and have made the choice to. In MA it’s a grey area. The law does not state that you can nor does it state that you can’t. I’ve been told that a good way to loose the right is to let it hang out there in this state. For me when it comes to the general non gun owning public and their ignorant misunderstanding and fearful reaction when it comes to guns and folks not in uniform carrying them, I’ll keep mine out of site. It keeps me in the good graces of the LEO I know and keeps me off the ground. I know it’s there… I believe that we all have the right to make the open/concealed decision for ourselves where it’s allowed, (and I say that with mixed feelings). That is the true freedom that we have. As far as Obama and his effect on the gun owning public, according to this June story in Newsweek Magazine he has… Meacham: Guns, Liquor and the Age of Obama | Newsweek Nation | Newsweek.com..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456