Dozen Armed With Guns Protest Obama Speech - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dozen Armed With Guns Protest Obama Speech

1. Don't exercise your rights so that they won't take that right away?

Excuse me what? Don't exercise your rights... so that they won't take them away? You might as well not have the right to begin with if that is your thought. This is how the left wins. Technically we have rights, but we allow them to shame us into living like we don't. That's great! Why do we have to prove that we are not criminals? The media don't give a damn about the real murderers and rapists. They should have said, "I brought my firearm because it is my 2nd amendment right to do so, and it has no damn bearing on my protests." Which are: Income tax is fractional slavery, govt. deficits crowd out investment and retard future growth, monetizing the debt will bring inflation which is like another hidden tax, and if you want to insure bums and illegals do it with your own private charities!

3. There is a time and place to open carry

There is a time and place to open carry and open carry around the President of the United States is asking for nothing but trouble....

Blog Entries
    I was the President of a local Sportsmen club here in Ohio several years ago. Ohio only allowed shotgun slug hunting for deer, we proposed and got passed hand gun hunting in one year, it was the only major hunting regulation to ever be proposed and passed in a single year.
    Several wanted to propose all caliber and push for semi-automatics. We decided to keep the trajectory close to the same as a 12 gauge slug gun and ask for revolvers only.
    I suggested at all the meeting that we needed to be sure to regulate ourselves, or other would regulate us.
    Since then we have been able to add additional calibers, after proving handguns could be as safe as shotguns during Ohio deer hunting season.
    Take Care and remember if we don't regulate ourselves someone else will regulate us.
    Common sense will get us a lot further that force.
    We don't want to look like militants, but we do want to voice our opinion.
    I have been at Presidential gatherings and the number of secret service and local sharp shooters are numerous. They donít have an easy job, and if we have several good guys open carrying in the crowd they are going to be watching them carefully. One bad guy acting like a good guy could get a shot off.
    At that point every open carry is subject, some of the guys on the roofs have sniper rifles, others have full automatics and from that distance itís hard to tell a good guy from a bad guy.
    When the shooting starts are you going to draw your weapon?
    I am going to add some pictures of what you see on the roof top. I may not have time this morning but will add them soon.
    Yes we have the right to bear arms, but those guarding the President have a job to do, and it isnít to our best interest to get in the way.

WTFU Sheeple...

Rights you do not use you lose...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Apparently still needs repeating...

The Second Amendment reaffirms a pre-existing unalienable right...

Further, it does not state "Shall Not Be Infringed" except...
    IF your zip code is x, you happen to be standing/sitting at y, the type or class of firearm or weapon you have or desire to have is z or if said weapon is concealed or openly carried...

The Second Amendment is non-negotiable...

"Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - Tench Coxe 1789

+1 on Carrying because you can without worrying about timid people who are afraid of guns.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

7. plants by democrats

What makes you think that the people that are bring guns to town hall meetings aren't plants by the democratic party to add fuel to the fire for the anti gun crowd. What do you think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by hardatwork View Post
    What makes you think that the people that are bring guns to town hall meetings aren't plants by the democratic party to add fuel to the fire for the anti gun crowd. What do you think about that?
    My view is because there was no trouble, if they were behind it they would have likely instigated something that came off more ominous or overt then a few people openly carrying and exercising their unalienable pre-existing rights reaffirmed by the Constitution & Second Amendment...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    WTFU Sheeple...

Rights you do not use you lose...
    Just to back what Bohemian said...

"A well regulate Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

Does not say "when the president is around....or when someone from Washington is around". Says "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Don't ever give up a right because someone asks you to. It is a right! Not a privilege
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Gun Owners Of America - The Only No-Compromise Gun Lobby In Washington.
    He Had a Gun and Nothing Happened

From New Hampshire to Arizona, Americans openly carrying firearms have been seen outside presidential appearances. The most remarkable thing about this is that some find this behavior to be remarkable.
    American citizens are the sovereigns in our system of government. Indeed, We the People created the government which, at least in theory, only does what we tell it to do in the Constitution. Sovereigns are expected to be armed.
    The Second Amendment was added to our Constitution to ensure that the individual right to keep and bear arms not be infringed. Infringement would impair the proper functioning of the militia which had been America’s homeland security system all through colonial times and well into our republican era.
    The armed attendees made it clear that they were exercising their right to keep and bear arms. Zero tolerance of firearms has become so extreme that even a picture of a gun can get a student kicked out of school. The presence of armed citizens helps correct the notion that guns are inherently dangerous.
    Americans are increasingly deciding to go about openly carrying firearms even when they might legally carry concealed. Some would like to say that this constitutes disturbing the peace. It is a strange view that accepts as normal a police officer openly carrying a firearm but finds it alarming when a sovereign citizen -- the cop’s boss -- does the same.
    In addition to the educational value of going about openly armed, the presence of such citizens has another positive impact. Real homeland security is being maintained. The Secret Service is tasked with protecting the president and other select individuals -- and nobody else.
    For those who object to openly armed citizens being present near presidential events, do they have any concern for the wellbeing of those who do not benefit from Secret Service protection?
    A few years ago, I was at a conference where the governor of the state of Arizona was to speak. Shortly before the appointed time a member of the governor’s security detail came into the room from a service entrance, looked around the audience which included at least a dozen people openly carrying sidearms, ducked out of sight and returned with the governor.
    The governor’s security was aware of the armed attendees, and was also aware that the guns were holstered and obviously under control. They evidently thought that was proper gun control.
    There are those who don’t like Americans owning guns at all, let alone carrying them openly. They can be counted on to run around squawking like Chicken Little that the sky is falling -- a calamity brought about by the presence of an armed citizen in public. We are warned that: “Somebody might grab the gun and do something bad! The armed citizen will intimidate others! Tempers will flare and blood will run in the streets!”
    These are the same alarms that are sounded when any measure designed to facilitate citizens keeping and bearing arms is advanced. And the alarms are always false. Before passage of Florida’s concealed carry law, for example, we were warned that the Sunshine State would become the Gunshine State. But the fearmongers were all wrong, as evidenced by the way the state’s murder rate fell through the floor.
    One would think that consistently being wrong would be embarrassing, but one would be wrong about those who assume that common citizens are untrustworthy and dangerous.
    A tip of the hat to those who have stirred the debate. And, our thanks to them for exercising proper gun control and reminding us of how homeland security should be conducted.

I cannot understand why Doc and his Glock thinks it's so bad OCing around the president. Even the police recognized his rights and did nothing. Even the Secret Service was unimpressed. I think it's great that several people were carrying in that crowd, and were well-behaved and civilized.

And as most of you saw in the "news" and found out about later, the "angry white guy with a gun" was actually black. The media purposely edited out the man's race and only showed his waist and the TWO guns (he also had a pistol on his hip).

Doc, I think you should stay home and stick to your keyboard, while the real patriots show up at these rallies dusplaying the rights we have under the Constitution. I have been to several tea parties and other rallies, and have carried concealed to all of them. As Thomas Paine said:

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
    See y'all in D.C. on 9/12!
    -= Piece Corps =-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast