72 Year Old Defends Employees From Robbers

Thread: 72 Year Old Defends Employees From Robbers

72 Year Old Defends Employees From Robbers

This happens far too often. A man defends his employees during a robbery and now he may face charges while the criminals are made to look like victims.

In New York City, robbery victim is criminal?

I am so glad that I live in Missouri where we are protected from these frivolous civil law suites.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

OMG! The gun had the infamous pistol grip and he shot them in the back. He should have had them turn around so they could see it coming. The New York times is as full of crap as a Christmas turkey. Is everyone insane in the People's republic of New York?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    OMG! The gun had the infamous pistol grip and he shot them in the back. He should have had them turn around so they could see it coming. The New York times is as full of crap as a Christmas turkey. Is everyone insane in the People's republic of New York?
    Sadly it's not just New York where these things happen. Similar incidences have happened in California, Illinois and a couple of other states. Thankfully the "stand your ground" law is catching on in several states and helps prevent this type of prosecution.

This is another one of those stories that the only thing I can say is
    Semper Fi

where were the police to prevent this crime?

Doesn't look like charges will be filed.
    Good news for Augusto, but more media bias, too

Quote Originally Posted by chuckswl View Post
    Doesn't look like charges will be filed.
    Good news for Augusto, but more media bias, too
    Now let's hope he doesn't get sued to bankruptcy. The civil court system can be far more unfair than the criminal courts. The simple phrase "illegal weapon" may be just enough to allow it to happen.

He was hailed as a "Neighborhood Hero" they were never considering charging him with illegal possession. Now, like ronwill said, the possibility of him being sued is very very high. NYC have tons of ambulance chasing scumbag lawyers who would go after an innocent law abiding citizen like Augusto.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    He was hailed as a "Neighborhood Hero" they were never considering charging him with illegal possession. Now, like ronwill said, the possibility of him being sued is very very high. NYC have tons of ambulance chasing scumbag lawyers who would go after an innocent law abiding citizen like Augusto.
    It sucks....but honestly...his quick thinking, probably saved his life and the life of his employees. Who knows what they were going to do. To me, if a criminal is concerned about getting in and out quick, why waste time to tie up your victims? Seems to me more was going to happen. Good for this guy! He obviously just wanted to protect himself and his employees.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"