WTF is a semi-assault rifle?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF is a semi-assault rifle?

WTF is a semi-assault rifle?

Slashdot is starting to feature a video section (just links to YouTube vids) and here's the first one I watched through Slashdot. A Missouri car dealer who last year had a promotion where new truck buyers got a free handgun, this year is running a promotion for a free AK-47. This is the interview the dealer did with CNN. It's both funny and sad to listen to the cluelessness of the CNN talking head. idle.slashdot.org | Missouri Car Dealer To Give Away AK-47 With New Truck
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Maybe a cross between a semi-automatic and a full assault rifle. In all seriousness I think Mark did an outstanding job of explaining how an AK-47 may come in handy. The fact that he used vouchers to help prevent felons from getting hold of one was a great idea also.
    Last edited by ronwill; 08-21-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Grammer

4. yea, I saw the same term on CNN today, on their scrolling headline thing. I souldn't stop laughing. I wonder if they will be pressing for a semi-assault weapon ban?
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Could it possibly be a weapon that still is essentially the same, but doesn't have the features such as a pistol grip, a collapsible or folding stock, a flash suppressor, a high capacity magazine, or a bayonet lug? During the assault weapons ban, I saw plenty of weapons (ie., AK-47 and AR-15 variants) that were the same as the banned weapons, minus the aforementioned features.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Most news reporter have no clue. We had a couple of those stupid gun buy back things here in Fort Worth and Dallas this past weekend. The reporter on the ABC affiliate here at the Fort Worth one made the comment that "This guy brought in two. a pistol and a Tech 9 machine gun"!
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Maybe it's a weapon used in semi's... or when assaulting a whole fleet of Canadian semi's?....

You know they're after our skates and cheese, don't you?
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Thumbs up

That.....was awesome! He really stuck to his guns!

9. Oh, easy. A Semi-Assault Rifle is a semi-automatic rifle that also has one of those "shoulder things that go up."

Y'all are cracking me up! Thanks for the chuckles!

The quest for the truth is always accompanied by skepticism of anyone claiming to have found it.
    Does this mean we should give more credibility to Al Gore's claims of having invented the Internet?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast