The NRA Continues To Compromise On The Second Amendment - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The NRA Continues To Compromise On The Second Amendment

Boomer, Montana, Gov5...

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

“Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.” - C.S. Lewis

First & foremost, don't take my Commitment, Courage and Honor instilled in me by being a 4th Generation Marine with a career spanning nearly 3 decades to imply a somehow more patriot or holier then thou implication, because that is not where I am coming from...

I adamantly believe compromise on the Second Amendment is a fundamentally flawed view, that as history has taught us, always ends badly...

Compromise by definition essentially means agreeing to the lowest common denominator...
    Since we as Conservatives, Libertarians etc., have literally nothing in common with the gun-grabbing liberals...
    As wolfhunter pointed out... we are doing the compromising, while the liberals are giving up nothing; and the liberals are gaining ground at break neck speed on their Marxist Utopia and subsequent dictatorship...

“The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy” - Charles de Montesquieu

I truly believe "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is not subject to interpretation, which is consistent with the framers view...
    Not the following view ... "Just Because You Have A Right, Does Not Mean The Government Cannot Constrain That Right" - Barack H. Obama Jr.

At the most basic level I am trying to drive home the point that through our own ignorance and neglect of the tenets the framers put in place to prevent our current sad state of a clearly infringed Second Amendment to say the least... DOES NOT MAKE IT CONSTITUTIONAL, NOR DOES IT MEAN THAT WE KEEP HAVING TO COMPROMISE NOR KEEP TRYING TO RESTORE THE FRAMERS UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT...
    http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/unabridged.2nd.html

The Framers clearly intended for the Second Amendment to be timeless as is consistent with the Constitutional Republic we were founded as... not the mob rule Democracy we have been led to believe was founded...

“The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience” - Albert Camus

The three of you are putting forth the same arguments of the anti's... what if?, but?... do you think our generation is the first in history to have to deal with terrorism & nut-cases?
    The First Act of Terrorism in English America
    Terrorism In Early America

Are we so A.D.D. on the History of the World that we have forgotten; that the very compromises you advocate has always ended in total confiscation, disarmament, anarchy and dictatorship...
    Weimar Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mother of All Stats

The Human Cost of "Gun Control" Ideas
    The Genocide Chart
    Government... Dates... Targets... Civilians Killed... "Gun Control" Laws... Features of Over-all "Gun Control" scheme
    Death by "Gun Control"

Once again, apparently it needs repeating...

Under this (your self-proclaimed) view, which flips the Declaration of Independence on its head, on what grounds can you ever rebel? Since your rights are “gifts” from government, and merely whatever the government courts say, with no higher power or law, it is never legitimate for a people to rebel, no matter how ridiculous the government’s “interpretation” of its own powers or how arbitrary and murderous it becomes once its servants in black robes “make it legal” by interpreting your so-called rights out of existence. Without natural rights there is no right to revolt, which is precisely why these elites think it totally illegitimate for you to have effective means of resistance...
    The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government - Stewart Rhodes, U.S. Army Ranger, Yale Educated Attorney and Noted Constitutional Authority and Founder of OathKeepers...
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

IF they can ban one type or class of weapon they can ban them all...

Without our Liberties, we have NOTHING...

WE SIMPLY CANNOT, NO MUST NOT ALLOW ANY MORE TO BE READ INTO "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"...

A must-read for every concerned world citizen

“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy” - James Madison

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Boomer, Montana, Gov5...

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

“Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.” - C.S. Lewis

First & foremost, don't take my Commitment, Courage and Honor instilled in me by being a 4th Generation Marine with a career spanning nearly 3 decades to imply a somehow more patriot or holier then thou implication, because that is not where I am coming from...

I adamantly believe compromise on the Second Amendment is a fundamentally flawed view, that as history has taught us, always ends badly...

Compromise by definition essentially means agreeing to the lowest common denominator...
    Since we as Conservatives, Libertarians etc., have literally nothing in common with the gun-grabbing liberals...
    As wolfhunter pointed out... we are doing the compromising, while the liberals are giving up nothing; and the liberals are gaining ground at break neck speed on their Marxist Utopia and subsequent dictatorship...

“The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy” - Charles de Montesquieu

I truly believe "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is not subject to interpretation, which is consistent with the framers view...
    Not the following view ... "Just Because You Have A Right, Does Not Mean The Government Cannot Constrain That Right" - Barack H. Obama Jr.

At the most basic level I am trying to drive home the point that through our own ignorance and neglect of the tenets the framers put in place to prevent our current sad state of a clearly infringed Second Amendment to say the least... DOES NOT MAKE IT CONSTITUTIONAL, NOR DOES IT MEAN THAT WE KEEP HAVING TO COMPROMISE NOR KEEP TRYING TO RESTORE THE FRAMERS UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT...
    The Unabridged Second Amendment

The Framers clearly intended for the Second Amendment to be timeless as is consistent with the Constitutional Republic we were founded as... not the mob rule Democracy we have been led to believe was founded...

“The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience” - Albert Camus

The three of you are putting forth the same arguments of the anti's... what if?, but?... do you think our generation is the first in history to have to deal with terrorism & nut-cases?
    The First Act of Terrorism in English America
    Terrorism In Early America

Are we so A.D.D. on the History of the World that we have forgotten; that the very compromises you advocate has always ended in total confiscation, disarmament, anarchy and dictatorship...
    Weimar Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mother of All Stats

The Human Cost of "Gun Control" Ideas
    The Genocide Chart
    Government... Dates... Targets... Civilians Killed... "Gun Control" Laws... Features of Over-all "Gun Control" scheme
    Death by "Gun Control"

Once again, apparently it needs repeating...

Under this (your self-proclaimed) view, which flips the Declaration of Independence on its head, on what grounds can you ever rebel? Since your rights are “gifts” from government, and merely whatever the government courts say, with no higher power or law, it is never legitimate for a people to rebel, no matter how ridiculous the government’s “interpretation” of its own powers or how arbitrary and murderous it becomes once its servants in black robes “make it legal” by interpreting your so-called rights out of existence. Without natural rights there is no right to revolt, which is precisely why these elites think it totally illegitimate for you to have effective means of resistance...
    The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government - Stewart Rhodes, U.S. Army Ranger, Yale Educated Attorney and Noted Constitutional Authority and Founder of OathKeepers...
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

IF they can ban one type or class of weapon they can ban them all...

Without our Liberties, we have NOTHING...

WE SIMPLY CANNOT, NO MUST NOT ALLOW ANY MORE TO BE READ INTO "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"...

A must-read for every concerned world citizen

“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy” - James Madison
    Why do you keep posting these little quotes? They have nothing to do with the current discussion. They don't apply! Do you ever have an original thought yourself? How about putting your own feelings into words.

You are also making "Yeah, DUH!" statements. We all believe in the Second Amendment, and our "shall not be infringed" rights. Your statements seem to say you don't believe that. I.E., you're preaching to the choir.

What we DON'T believe, as you do, that it is necessary to walk around with a few hand grenades clipped to your hunting vest, while carrying a B.A.R., and driving an MRAP as your personal vehicle. MOST here would consider that a LITTLE extreme, and a thinly stretched interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. At least I would. Being able to carry a handgun around with me for personal defense is all I need, and all I am requesting. I don't have the money, or space at my home, for a stockpile of Claymores(SP?), and F-16 Fighting Falcon, or any other weapon of modern Military ordnance. Plus, I'm sure the little Homeowner Association Gestapos have some rule against it! They have a rule against everything else, and glee in delight in catching you breaking one.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    “To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.” - Amos Bronson Alcott

“Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new after all” - Abraham Lincoln

“Important principles may and must be inflexible.” Abraham Lincoln

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...tml#post162528

The NRA is Helping Preserve the Anti Gun Democrat Majority
    The NRA is Helping Preserve the Anti Gun Democrat Majority | RedState

Tell The NRA To Endorse Sharron Angle Over Dirty Harry Reid & Denounce The Rest of the Anti Gun Democrat/(Aided by RINO's) Majority
    1-800-392-8683

Sounds like you should run for president bohemian! GOV5 my own f16 would be badass! m/b f18 . Bohemian like GOV5 said preaching to the choir brother we're all on the same side in here dude. Remember there's a whole country full of idiots out there that don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by homershoots View Post
    Sounds like you should run for president bohemian! GOV5 my own f16 would be badass! m/b f18 . Bohemian like GOV5 said preaching to the choir brother we're all on the same side in here dude. Remember there's a whole country full of idiots out there that don't care.
    I think you should re-read this entire thread, & sources and spend some more time on the other threads in the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forum and the http://www.usacarry.com/forums/politics/ forum you will be amazed how many so-called Pro-Second Amendment folks on this site alone think compromising is ok...

IMHO...
    Either you support the Unabridged Second Amendment OR YOU DONT...

As disappointed I have been with the NRA on some recent decisions I will continue to support them along with other organizations involved with pro 2nd amendment ideals. The NRA has been a letdown with the Disclosure Act and support of Harry Reid most recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I think you should re-read this entire thread, & sources and spend some more time on the other threads in the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forum and the http://www.usacarry.com/forums/politics/ forum you will be amazed how many so-called Pro-Second Amendment folks on this site alone think compromising is ok...

IMHO...
    Either you support the Unabridged Second Amendment OR YOU DONT...
    Excuse the ignorance of my ignorance. Will do buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    If you are going to quote my text at least do me the courtesy of reading all of it.

Assuming you just read that you will see we are on the same side but lets get on with it.

While it is all well & good to stand on principle of "Shall not be infringed" lets get real shall we? It is a very different world today then when our forefathers had the genius to put pen to paper & craft this nation. A arm in those days was a decidedly different animal then it is today. Hell a field piece of those days, the terror of the battlefield is of little consequence today.
    Today automatic rifles are commonplace (I support there private ownership BTW) but what about Claymore mines, Recoilless rifles & Vulcan cannons, are they not also arms? Should they likewise "Not be infringed"? If you say yes you are either naive or a fool. If you say no then you are a hypocrite & we are back to square one.
    So where does that leave us? That compromise is a necessary evil & GOA beating their collective chests is nothing but a recruiting ploy.

Lets get super real here. You want to say "Shall not be infringed" & back down on nothing eh? What is better to be altruistic & have all of nothing or be realistic a little of everything because if we thump our chests & keep quoting the 2nd amendment we will lose the hearts of the rest of the nation & I assure you when that happens we will indeed have all of nothing.
    This here shows your ignorance the fore fathers as you call them wanted to protect the citizens from the kind of government they fought to gain our freedom from and what they came up with is if the citizens have arms to protect them selfs and their property then the government would have to fight them if the government was changing laws that the citizens didn't agree with. So I should have the same access to arms as the police and federal government but because our government is corrupt and they know that to keep citizens in check they need to make sure that the citizens can not win a fight with the government.

Now far as how the arms are used quit being scared and thinking the worst is going to happen that kind of thinking is what is helping the government take away our rights. All of us here on this site have a gun and for what? To protect our selfs and our family we have let the government tell us we can no longer protect our property with our gun. The second is the government has no liability to protect us from harm. here are three quotes from our founding fathers that support why the citizens should have access to the same arms as the government does.

”Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”
    ~George Washington

”And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms….The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

”None but an armed nation can dispense with a standing army. To keep ours armed and disciplined is therefore at all times important.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

The last quote above shows why Japan did not attack the Continental United States of America. They knew that the American citizens had arms and that trying to attack them in their country would be a mistake. That is why they release balloons with explosive to hit the west coast instead of landing there and trying to take it over.
    Last edited by Kasper; 10-27-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: changing laws the the citizens - bad grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    While I will stand with you in solidarity we have a fundamental difference of opinion.
    Until such time as we are able to self police our nation & remove the vermin that infest it I can not advocate the ownership of military grade weapons without stringent background checks.

I would like that; but even so everything I have read or heard he has never advocated the unrestricted distribution of military grade hardware.
    Looks like I should have kept reading. This is now proof of your ignorance. If you look at my post before this one you will see why citizens need to have access to the same arms as the government / rulers.
    Last edited by Kasper; 10-27-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling -"see wht citizens"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast