Why AIG was bailed out

Thread: Why AIG was bailed out

Why AIG was bailed out

AIG bailout --- ?????

Remember when this economic crisis hit, and Congress let Bear Sterns go under,
    pushed a bunch of forced marriages between banks, etc.?

Then they bailed out AIG. At the time, I thought: "That's strange.
    What does an insurance company have to do with this crisis?"

I think I just found the answer. Among other things, AIG INSURES THE PENSION TRUST OF THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS!!
    No wonder they got bailed out right away!

"To hell with the people, let's protect our future", said all our
    Senators and Congressmen. Nice to see where their loyalties lie!
    (I'm from the government and I'm here to help you!)
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

No doubt our "elected officials" are nothing more or better than the old USSR's Politburo - serving themselves as "elite" while crushing the populace under their heel, never themselves even remotele adhering to the BS they force on the public.

Maybe once the masses see WHO IS TO BENEFIT from this hell-bent Gov't run health care notion, MAYBE the masses will wake the #@&% up and begin to resume rightful control of our elected representatives. (As many already know, the people are the last to benefit from anything run by the Gov't.)
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

That the crooks in power would do something like this is no surprise because after all we do have the best government money can buy.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

LOL, I was in the insurance industry for over 30 years. AIG got bailed out because they were the largest commercial insurer in Asia, and Asia holds most of our debts, and those countries put the screws to our government.

It really is just as simple as that.