Obama Praises Islam as 'Great Religion' - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Obama Praises Islam as 'Great Religion'

handgonnetoter Guest
    If there is a religion out there that would harbor the use of a nuclear or "dirty" bomb, it would be Muslim. If a nuclear exchange did happen, I don't believe it would be started that way. I can't understand a religion, or political stance, that thinks it is perfectly OK to blow yourself up just to get to everyone else. Our guys delt with that in WW2 with the Kamakazi, and here we go again. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    If there is a religion out there that would harbor the use of a nuclear or "dirty" bomb, it would be Muslim. If a nuclear exchange did happen, I don't believe it would be started that way. I can't understand a religion, or political stance, that thinks it is perfectly OK to blow yourself up just to get to everyone else. Our guys delt with that in WW2 with the Kamakazi, and here we go again. Stupid.
    Totally agree. The difference was back then you were a decorated hero if you killed them. Now you're a "bigot" if you don't appease them. Bill T.

4. What's the big deal?

Frankly, I'm not big on religions of any kind. Faith, especially blind faith and zealotry that often fuels such violence is dangerous in my opinion. However, to paint a noticeable portion of the assimilated US citizenry (ex. Murphysboro Muslims consist mostly of Bosnians the fled Serbia during that debacle in Kosovo) as terrorists or potential criminals because of the actions of the a few extremists is very dangerous. That would be akin to saying all Priests are pedophiles, or all evangelicals will kill abortion doctors. Remember back when we interned Japanese-American Citizens w. Ex. Order 9066. Also, I think its quite hypocritical to call Islam a violent faith when I'm pretty sure in both the Old and New Testaments there were similar violent commands to stone fornicators/adulterers and to kill heathens (aka. Inquisition, well not exactly). The only reason I don't react strongly to any of the Mosque building is that at the time of the attack, I was online 9 years old and frankly didn't care that much as no family members of mine died and now, I because of that I could not empathize with those who oppose the building of a mosque for "emotional" reasons. There is no way the govt. should stop the construction of a house of worship on private land by the way though if the developers chose to move it on their own volition, it would be a different story.

Also, though I may not be justifying their barbaric actions of such criminals and terrorists that are Muslim (recently, the cold-blooded murder of a pregnant woman and others in the West Bank), I find it "weird" that many who condemn Islam in the newspaper letters to the editors seem to whitewash the Foreign Policy of the United States and act as though we don't do anything to provoke the more extremist elements of the faith such as our support of Israel, and some of the unpopular things we had to do during the Cold War in the name of anti-communism. (which I am not condemning as it is frankly the fault of Palestinians that they were unable to form their own state in the wake of the UN resolution which I believed allowed for the creation of both a Palestinian and Jewish state, and the fact that they rejected some of the most lenient conditions to form a state at the Camp David accords, but I digress). To be honest, I do wish their is a moderate party in the govt. as most of the Dems in NY (esp. NYC) are too Liberal for my tastes but some of the Republicans are too Conservative and religious as I am a firm believer in secular government.

Frankly, however I am more concerned about when Muv Luv Alternative (its like a Choose your own adv. novel, but with voice acting and pictures) is gonna be translated and my grades in college than any of the alarmist political things that people say is going on in the country as opiating myself with Japanese escapist entertainment mediums and committing that venial sin that the my culture and many faiths condemn (hence my handle in the forum) as it is much more enjoyable. Until I'm old enough to buy a handgun, my apathy isn't gonna change that much. Hope this post isn't too provocative (as it is not my intention to do so).

puts up flame shield

Quote Originally Posted by Sirf_palot View Post
    Until I'm old enough to buy a handgun, my apathy isn't gonna change that much. Hope this post isn't too provocative (as it is not my intention to do so).
    Nope, it isn't. When you're young you learn, when you're old you understand. If there's time, there's hope.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

9 yrs old when 3,000 people were crushed/incinerated/murdered and you do not feel remorse because they were not your family!!! Most here had no one directly involved with it either but am very sure they feel contempt for the murderers and pity for the murdered and their families. When one suffers we should all suffer for it may be us next time. I was on that tower just a few months earlier and it really bothered me to think of all those poor souls screaming in pain as thousands of gallons of kerosene(jet fuel) burned them alive. Of all those scrambling to get down the stairs but failing because the building crushed them. Even for those on the planes as it nearly shot through the buildings. Yes it ticks me off grandly and I feel empathy for them and theirs. Do I hate the muzzies--some of them----YES !!! All of them---NO !!! I do feel anger at most because they did nothing to help with the mourning of those loved ones left without fathers, mothers, children, grands, and friends.
    Just a side note--the body contains a little over a gallon of blood. That means the muzzies spilled over 3,000 gallons of our blood that day. That is more than enough to piss off anyone with a heart. They took away loving family members who had nothing to do with "jihad" other than seeing heads hacked off, innocent victims shot in the head, soldiers dragged through the streets, and bombing going back to 1979 and more. They are animals and as such deserve no dignity or quarter in battle. When the time comes they will have brought on their own misery with their senseless acts against innocents. It will come and I hope by that time we all have our minds made up about what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    9 yrs old when 3,000 people were crushed/incinerated/murdered and you do not feel remorse because they were not your family!!! Most here had no one directly involved with it either but am very sure they feel contempt for the murderers and pity for the murdered and their families. When one suffers we should all suffer for it may be us next time. I was on that tower just a few months earlier and it really bothered me to think of all those poor souls screaming in pain as thousands of gallons of kerosene(jet fuel) burned them alive. Of all those scrambling to get down the stairs but failing because the building crushed them. Even for those on the planes as it nearly shot through the buildings. Yes it ticks me off grandly and I feel empathy for them and theirs. Do I hate the muzzies--some of them----YES !!! All of them---NO !!! I do feel anger at most because they did nothing to help with the mourning of those loved ones left without fathers, mothers, children, grands, and friends.
    Just a side note--the body contains a little over a gallon of blood. That means the muzzies spilled over 3,000 gallons of our blood that day. That is more than enough to piss off anyone with a heart. They took away loving family members who had nothing to do with "jihad" other than seeing heads hacked off, innocent victims shot in the head, soldiers dragged through the streets, and bombing going back to 1979 and more. They are animals and as such deserve no dignity or quarter in battle. When the time comes they will have brought on their own misery with their senseless acts against innocents. It will come and I hope by that time we all have our minds made up about what needs to be done.
    +1,000 !!

Very well said! Bill T.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sirf_palot View Post
    Frankly, I'm not big on religions of any kind. Faith, especially blind faith and zealotry that often fuels such violence is dangerous in my opinion. However, to paint a noticeable portion of the assimilated US citizenry (ex. Murphysboro Muslims consist mostly of Bosnians the fled Serbia during that debacle in Kosovo) as terrorists or potential criminals because of the actions of the a few extremists is very dangerous. That would be akin to saying all Priests are pedophiles, or all evangelicals will kill abortion doctors. Remember back when we interned Japanese-American Citizens w. Ex. Order 9066. Also, I think its quite hypocritical to call Islam a violent faith when I'm pretty sure in both the Old and New Testaments there were similar violent commands to stone fornicators/adulterers and to kill heathens (aka. Inquisition, well not exactly). The only reason I don't react strongly to any of the Mosque building is that at the time of the attack, I was online 9 years old and frankly didn't care that much as no family members of mine died and now, I because of that I could not empathize with those who oppose the building of a mosque for "emotional" reasons. There is no way the govt. should stop the construction of a house of worship on private land by the way though if the developers chose to move it on their own volition, it would be a different story.

Also, though I may not be justifying their barbaric actions of such criminals and terrorists that are Muslim (recently, the cold-blooded murder of a pregnant woman and others in the West Bank), I find it "weird" that many who condemn Islam in the newspaper letters to the editors seem to whitewash the Foreign Policy of the United States and act as though we don't do anything to provoke the more extremist elements of the faith such as our support of Israel, and some of the unpopular things we had to do during the Cold War in the name of anti-communism. (which I am not condemning as it is frankly the fault of Palestinians that they were unable to form their own state in the wake of the UN resolution which I believed allowed for the creation of both a Palestinian and Jewish state, and the fact that they rejected some of the most lenient conditions to form a state at the Camp David accords, but I digress). To be honest, I do wish their is a moderate party in the govt. as most of the Dems in NY (esp. NYC) are too Liberal for my tastes but some of the Republicans are too Conservative and religious as I am a firm believer in secular government.

Frankly, however I am more concerned about when Muv Luv Alternative (its like a Choose your own adv. novel, but with voice acting and pictures) is gonna be translated and my grades in college than any of the alarmist political things that people say is going on in the country as opiating myself with Japanese escapist entertainment mediums and committing that venial sin that the my culture and many faiths condemn (hence my handle in the forum) as it is much more enjoyable. Until I'm old enough to buy a handgun, my apathy isn't gonna change that much. Hope this post isn't too provocative (as it is not my intention to do so).

puts up flame shield
    Read the Qua ran we do not need to do anything to provoke them, it is written that all Muslims must must lie to all non Muslims, all non Muslims must convert or..
    1. Become Demerits or subjugated acknowledging that Muslims are superior, and pay a (Jisu) tax equal to a large part of their income. If they cannot pay when demanded they are to be beaten until they do...
    2. Convert to Islam. or
    3. be killed by any means possible

We did not start anything, but that Desert pig feces nobody megalomaniac Mohammad did! It all began when he had a brain fart in the late 6th century and declared himself a Prophet of God and tried to shove it down the throats of the Israelites and they told him to get lost. The crusades did not occur until after 450 years if Islamic terrorism, murderer, pillaging and mayhem.

No they need absolutely no excuse go read this first before you make any rash statements about Muslims inocence... The Politically incorrect guide to ISLAM (and the Crusades) and it is available at your local library too....

They have been having marrying multiple wifes, treating them as property, beating them, marrying 9 year olds, having sex with children, murdering, raping, looting, since 590 AD that is over 1400 years all in the name of Mohammad, the Qua ran and Allah, isn't it time to stop this PS nonsense and call them what they are, a bunch of murdering deviant perverts!!!

Yadda, yadda, yadda, not all Muslims believe this, but 100,000,000 do and the rest are quiet under death threat, to convert away from Islam is a death sentence, they still enforce this in most of the middle east, to speak out against Mohamed, the Qua ran or Allah is Blasphemy and is at the very least a life sentence in prison or death by stoning....

Yeah real nice religion that. if Mohammad were alive and tryed this bull today they would throw him in jail or execute him, this is if they could before someone baithed him him in pig urine and hung him from the highest tree....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Love thy neighbor...

Do not cloud thy judgment of your brethren...we are all human beings of planet earth..I have many friends from Iran and know what...they are Maronite Christians (they speak Aramaic or the the language of Jesus Christ)...

Do not condemn the world for others actions...My Nana used to say..."mind your business and do not worry about everyone else"

She was a devout Catholic I was not brought up with any religious affiliation...i judge people by their actions not by what some scumbag does...and my High School buddy Ray Rocha (#17) from Melrose High School died in the attacks, we were not the best of friends...since he was a football player, but he always treated me with dignity and for that i will always remember him as a a stand up kid, more of a man than most!

I WILL NEVER forget!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345