Nationwide CCW - Right To Carry (RTC) Reciprocity (S. 388)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nationwide CCW - Right To Carry (RTC) Reciprocity (S. 388)

Nationwide CCW - Right To Carry (RTC) Reciprocity (S. 388)

Nationwide CCW - Right To Carry (RTC) Reciprocity (S. 388) sponsored by Nevada Republican Senator John Ensign.

S. 388, which was introduced by Senator John Thune (Republican-South Dakota) on January 25, 2007, is a further effort to protect individuals' Second Amendment rights by extending right to carry reciprocity to any person possessing a valid concealed firearm carrying permit. This bill has been referred to the Senate Committee on the Judiciary.

Don't let this bill die write your senators and those in the Senate Committee on the Judiciary.

Write the Senate Committee on the Judiciary:
    http://judiciary.senate.gov/

Write your Senators:
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Write the media:
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/media/

Read the full bill to amend the U.S. Code:
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-388

Mike Huckabee on the issues and policies:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/

Both of my senators from OK are co-sponsors. Hoo ray for them. I have many inconveniences because of not having the right to carry in some states. I afford Illinois like the plague because of this and I don't go home to see my family unless something is wrong... because of this. I hope it becomes law.
    Don
    Ret. MSgt
    USAF

Smile Nationwide CCW

A good idea, maybe just a dream, for now. I wonder if the SCOTUS coming up with the right (logical) answer for Heller vs. D.C., and the Presidential and other elections settled, might not be the time to push this in a serious way. The end results of the above events will make a huge difference in making this (S. 388) a dud, or reality. In any case, the concept needs to be kept alive and well. I would be curious to know what kind of support there is in both (current) houses of Congress for this bill. Has it been heard in any committees yet?
    sailor

I must once again apologize that I'm from New Jersey, where the Senators and Governor here would rather put out their eyes with hot pokers than allow CCW legislation to become Law. It doesn't seem to get in the way of their circumventing the NJ Constitution to permit an ineligible candidate to run for office, but, hey...they have their standards!

I could write to, say, "Senator" Lautenberg and ask for his support, but what I'd get back would look something like pre-chewed Liberal pablum-crap, full of platitudes and condescentions that bore no resemblence to the issue I wrote about.

I have written on occasion to OTHER States' legislators about such issues, only to be informed that they don't consider requests or inquiries from non-constituents. Ah, well...

Those of you who can, please do, and good luck to you! I'll use my resources where they'll actually do some good...currently, deciding who's the best cat to put into the White House to make all this poop go away!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Two bills with the same wording have also been introduced in the House of Representatives, HR 226 and HR 861. Borh have been referred to the House Judiciary Committee. We need to write our Representatives and the House Judiciary Committee also. Those of you that write, I hope will publish your letters or emails on the Letters to the Editor forum to help some of us that may be somewhat chalanged

OOPS, accidentally hit a wrong key.

continuing-challenged in proper wording and could use some suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    I must once again apologize that I'm from New Jersey, where the Senators and Governor here would rather put out their eyes with hot pokers than allow CCW legislation to become Law. It doesn't seem to get in the way of their circumventing the NJ Constitution to permit an ineligible candidate to run for office, but, hey...they have their standards!

I could write to, say, "Senator" Lautenberg and ask for his support, but what I'd get back would look something like pre-chewed Liberal pablum-crap, full of platitudes and condescentions that bore no resemblence to the issue I wrote about.

I have written on occasion to OTHER States' legislators about such issues, only to be informed that they don't consider requests or inquiries from non-constituents. Ah, well...

Those of you who can, please do, and good luck to you! I'll use my resources where they'll actually do some good...currently, deciding who's the best cat to put into the White House to make all this poop go away!
    Im from Massachusetts ( cant wait to get out )

So I share your sentiments

We have Kerry and Kennedy for senators, so its useless for us in the Commie-wealth of Massachusetts to even bother writing them a letter.

I'm an advocate of a National CWP law and have followed this bill for a little while. Here is an interesting thread we had earlier on this subject. http://www.usacarry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

10. EKTARR,

I am acutely aware of your pain. I grew up in Old Bridge, moved from Caldwell about 5 years back to Milford, PA and a 5 year carry license no questions asked. Well, recall that even cops could not enter NJ before HR218? I once covered the NJ page at packing.org, and many cops used to write asking about that. I'm sure Il,Hi,MD,D.C., NJ, NYC,&NYS, CA, etc.. were thrilled to allow retired cops carrying in their jurisdictions.

They will one day soon be equally joyful to find us carrying there too:-)
    Last edited by caldwelljoe; 12-17-2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Salutation missing

Stick In The Mud

I hate to sound like the proverbial stick-in-the-mud, or the fly-in-the-ointment, but I oppose any such law from the feds forcing reciprocity or even just recognizing the validity of state gun control laws infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms. Any of this legislation being proposed in Congress that does not remove or overrule, through the supremacy clause in the Constitution, state law that infringes upon the RKBA is de facto recognition by Congress that such state law is valid.

All the several states' laws granting "permission" for people to carry arms via permit or license are nothing more than exceptions in law to the laws prohibiting the carrying of arms in the first place. Do you really want Congress to "bless" all those laws by recognizing the carry laws and forcing the several states to recognize those same laws in all the other states? I certainly don't! It will be nothing more than a further deepening of the entrenchment of the infringements on our RKBA.

These proposed forced reciprocity laws have but one purpose: Placation. Don't give in to it. Stand your ground. If we give up now, it'll only lead to more infringement. Congress and the Court have a place. Put them back in it and away from our rights. If we do it now with our voices and our votes, we won't have to do it later with less arms than what we have now! You have a choice.

Woody

Look at your rights and freedoms as what would be required to survive and be free as if there were no government. If that doesn't convince you to take a stand and protect your inalienable rights and freedoms, nothing will. If that doesn't convince you to maintain your personal sovereignty, you are already someone else's subject. If you don't secure your rights and freedoms to maintain your personal sovereignty now, it'll be too late to come to me for help when they come for you. I will already be dead because I had to stand alone. B.E.Wood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast