Stop Sunstein!!!

Thread: Stop Sunstein!!!

Exclamation Stop Sunstein!!!

Guys and gals,

I urge you all to go to this website STOPSUNSTEIN.COM and sign the petition to your senators to stop the confirmation of Cass Sunstein.

He is a super radical, anti-gun, anti-hunting nut job. Please sign the petition and pass on the website to your friends.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

DONE! Sent to both of my Senators.

Done! The Senators know how I feel now !
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Another done.

This guy is just another maroon.

did it.. and got a generic reply from one of my senators.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I actually got a very good response from Mike Crapo. While it was obviously a canned response, it was well thought out. Here it is.

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about President Barack Obama's nomination of Cass Sunstein to head the White House Office of Management and Budget's Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA). I agree with you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, President Obama recently appointed Mr. Sunstein to run the federal office used by the White House to bring consistency and efficiency to the executive branch. Specifically, the OIRA develops and oversees the implementation of government policies in the areas of information technology, information policy, privacy and statistical policy. Due to the magnitude of this position, often dubbed the "Regulation Czar," I am especially concerned with Mr. Sunstein's record regarding the 2nd Amendment.

During the course of his confirmation proceedings, serious concerns have been raised regarding Mr. Sunstein's personal opinions on hunting. In a speech at Harvard, Sunstein said, "We ought to ban hunting if there isn't a purpose other than sport and fun. That should be against the law. It's time now." Mr. Sunstein has previously advocated for banning "meat eating" as well as equating livestock with "human slavery." In addition to his stance on the 2nd Amendment, Mr. Sunstein has also promoted a Fairness Doctrine for the Internet, which would require political sites to link to opposing viewpoints.

On September 10, 2009, the Senate voted on the confirmation for Mr. Sunstein's appointment. I voted against this nomination, which ultimately passed by a vote of 57-40. I am strongly committed to protecting and preserving our constitutional right to bear arms, and Mr. Sunstein's previous statements concerning hunting are cause for concern. Additionally, I oppose any attempts to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine, as it infringes on the constitutional right to free speech. As a result, I could not support President Obama's nominee for the head of the OIRA.

I share your commitment to ensuring that the American people are served by experienced and qualified public officials. Public confidence in the work of our federal government is best ensured by officials who represent the interests of the people and are responsive to concerns raised by interested parties.

As your United States Senator, I have the responsibility to carefully review nominations for federal positions made by the President. I appreciate your willingness to share your insight about the upcoming nominations with me. Please be assured that I understand the importance of this responsibility and will continue to review nominations in a way that reflects the interests and needs of Idahoans and the American people.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future on this or other matters of interest to you. For more information about the issues before the U.S. Senate as well as news releases, photos, and other items of interest, please visit my Senate website, U.S. Senator Mike Crapo's Homepage.

Sincerely,

Mike Crapo
    United States Senator