Joe Wilson Is MY HERO!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Wilson Is MY HERO!!!!!!!

Exclamation Joe Wilson Is MY HERO!!!!!!!

WASHINGTON Vice President Joe Biden says a Republican congressman's outburst during President Barack Obama's health-care speech Wednesday night "demeaned the institution."
    Biden says congressman's outburst was embarrassing - Yahoo! News
    South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie" after Obama said extending health care to all Americans would not mean insuring illegal immigrants.

Appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America" Thursday, Biden said the incident made him "embarrassed for the chamber and a Congress I love."

After the speech, Wilson apologized for the incident. Biden said he hadn't spoken with Obama, but was "sure he accepted the apology."

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) Democrats and Republicans alike are denouncing Rep. Joe Wilson for shouting "You lie" at President Barack Obama during his speech to Congress, an extraordinary breach of decorum for which the South Carolina Republican swiftly apologized.

"There'll be time enough to consider whether or not we ought to make it clear that that action is unacceptable in the House of Representatives," House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., said late Wednesday on WTOP radio when asked about possible punishment for Wilson. "I've talked to Republican members who share that view."

"Let's see what he does," Hoyer said before Wilson issued an apology. "Then there's time enough to consider further action."

House Republicans did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but there was widespread condemnation of the outburst from members of both parties.

Wilson's outburst came after Obama said extending health care to all Americans who seek it would not mean insuring illegal immigrants.

"You lie!" Wilson shouted from his seat on the Republican side of the chamber.

Wilson's behavior caused a political hangover for him and possibly for the Republican critics Obama had cast as shrill and more interested in killing any health care overhaul than finding a way to provide it.

Later, Wilson was contrite.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me," he said in a statement. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

He then tried to call Obama to apologize personally, but ended up talking with White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel instead, Wilson's office said.

By that time, the congressman's Web site had crashed, he had taken a beating on his Twitter page and Democrat Rob Miller had raised thousands of unexpected dollars online for a possible rematch with Wilson in next year's midterm elections, according to Lachlan McIntosh, Miller's campaign manager.

"Everybody was stunned," Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., said of Wilson's eruption. "It was just something that nobody had ever witnessed before. We all felt embarrassed."

Republicans froze; several glanced in Wilson's direction.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi directed a fierce frown at him; first lady Michelle Obama pursed her lips and shook her head from side to side. Vice President Joe Biden looked down and shook his head too.

Obama, meanwhile, looked toward the outburst and replied, "That's not true" before going on with his speech.

Wilson appeared to consult his Blackberry for much of the rest of Obama's speech. He shook his head defiantly after several of the president's statements. When Obama finished, Wilson bolted from the chamber.

Wilson's behavior was "totally disrespectful," Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who had been Obama's rival in the 2008 presidential election, said on CNN. "There is no place for it in that setting, or any other, and he should apologize for it immediately."
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

At least he had the guts to say the truth instead of bow at the feet of the Usurper.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

He could have yelled "You lie" on the "no federally funded abortions" comment as well.
    Every draft of all the bills so far would allow abortions under the health care plans..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I have lost my respect for Obama the man as well as most of Congress but we all must still respect the office of the President and the Government structure. The outburst was out of place and wrong even though the comment was correct.

Exclamation Considering the cold shoulder the dems are giving the republicans...

He was not out of line. He was trying to get a point across. The White house has not invited any republicans since apr for health care reform bill talks. Every time someone brings it up Pelosi shuts them down on the floor of congress. Drastic times call for drastic measures. Obama has lied about single payer and other options including abortion. I think we need more people who are passionate enough to cry out in pain when they know we are getting rear ended by the majority and that the gov't is not listening to we the people.

YOU GO JOE...AND MAKE US ALL PROUD!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

It's about time Republicans got a spine. Thumbs up for Joe. I agree with having respect for the Government and respect for the position of the President no matter who that is, but enough is enough. At some point you reach the braking point and can sit on your hands no more. The President wants to take on anybody that tells lies about his Health Plan. Maybe he should look in the mirror first.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I had the pleasure some years ago to sit and talk to Joe Wilson about a number of subjects. A very reaal and down to earth guy. He just said aloud what many of us wish we had, and he wished he didn't...

YOU LIE!!!...priceless.
    Was it out of place? perhaps, but if someone really cares about something they will reach a point that such outbursts can't be held back, way to go Joe.
    The look on Pelosi's face was pricelss. Biden didnt even care, I think he was playing solitare on his phone during the speech

I will respect any president who respects the constitution regardless of political party. However this man has no respect for the constitution, this country or We the People.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Joe is getting a donation to his campaign from me!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast