obtaining an unregistered firearm of any kind....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: obtaining an unregistered firearm of any kind....

Question obtaining an unregistered firearm of any kind....

Is It still legally possible to obtain a working unregistered firearm in this country? and if so, How?
    I dont believe that gun registration is necessary according to the 2A, and no im not some extremist gun nut, right winged or left.
    what are your opinions on this topic? all and any pertinent answers are welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by 1ofmany30 View Post
    Is It still legally possible to obtain a working unregistered firearm in this country? and if so, How?
    I dont believe that gun registration is necessary according to the 2A, and no im not some extremist gun nut, right winged or left.
    what are your opinions on this topic? all and any pertinent answers are welcome...
    You're in California. All handguns purchased by you must either go through a dealer and proper paperwork filed; or, if you inherit a handgun or other wise acquire it legally you must download a form from the CADOJ website, fill it out, and pay a $19 tribute to your owners. C&R rifles, shotguns, and antiques are exempt from this. I might have missed something, but if you go to:
    Calguns.net
    you can get good info from people that deal with your situation every day.

For those who live in what passes for 'free America' these days, cash and carry private sales are still possible.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

You can still buy "unregistered" guns from private owners in many states. In California, who knows? If I were you, I'd move to a gun-friendly state.

Take your cash and run over to Las Vegas or anywhere in Nevada and purchase a gun from an individual.
    Click?N?Buy Classifieds - Search Results
    Other local papers like American Classifieds list guns for sales by individuals too. And while you're there, have a little fun!

It really would be preferable to avoid recommending felonious behavior in open forum...

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    Take your cash and run over to Las Vegas or anywhere in Nevada and purchase a gun from an individual.
    Click?N?Buy Classifieds - Search Results
    Other local papers like American Classifieds list guns for sales by individuals too. And while you're there, have a little fun!
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    As noted by NDS, this course of action will land you in prison, with no hope of ever "being allowed" to own a firearm again.

On a side note, in PA long guns may be sold privately without documentation. However any handgun transaction (unless it is between spouses, parent/child, or grand parent/ grandchild) must be done through a dealer. What really burns me up is that the state police keep these transactions on file, even though PA state law forbids registration. The technicality is that because of the spouse-P/C-GP/GC rule, they claim that it is not a registry.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

No problem if you live in Texas. If possible move to a free state.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

In FL there is no registration of firearms, and you don't have to put your SSN on the application to buy one. The only place with any kind of paperwork on any firearm you have is a dealer you bought one from. In theory, there are no "unregistered" firearms because of the paperwork required to fill out to purchase one.. somewhere, someone has a paper on your firearms in theory. The paperwork may or may not lead back to YOU, but it does exist somewhere. haha
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

10. Even if there is a legal way, I don't think it would be good for a person to post this information on an open forum. However, I'll take a chance and go ahead and throw out the first step........if you live in California, MOVE.

Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    Even if there is a legal way, I don't think it would be good for a person to post this information on an open forum. However, I'll take a chance and go ahead and throw out the first step........if you live in California, MOVE.
    Not a bad idea. There are lot's of states where you can buy a gun from a private individual.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast