reason you should support Health Care Reform
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: reason you should support Health Care Reform

reason you should support Health Care Reform

1. Your Premiums may go down as a result of the uninsured that currently get treated and never pay for their services used. The hospitals and govenment have to absorb these costs. We are currently paying more taxes because of this.

2. You could get paid more at work as health care expenses go up the companies shift cost to the workers or cut back in other ways. If the bill will control cost your employer will be able to give you some more money.

3. Peace of mind. Say you have health insurance now, your healthy and have a great job. But say something happens to you and you debvelop a medical condition and for some reason have to change jobs or become self employed. You might or will be denyed coverage.

4. Emergency Room waits would be shorter because your uninsured use these doctors for their primary care doctors which makes the people who have insurance thats their have to wait longer.

5. Small business will benefit due to reform creating subsidies to help them pay for insurance for their employees. This would also boost the economy.

6. Plan will not add to the federal deficit says chairman of the senate finance committee

Folks the time for health care reform has come. Whether you agree with Barack Obama or the GOP lets work together to come up with a plan. The USA is ranked 37th in the world by the world health organization. We should be #1. This is America please put the petty politics aside and lets be positive and due something that will benefit this great nation. 46 million people are uninsured we must do something about this.

I'm more concerned about the so called "healthy life style" points that could be brought on line with new health care provisions. The ones regarding say the smokers, the 'obese', the alcoholicly challenged, or 'GUN OWNERS'. If you live an unhealthy lifestyle according to some politicians hit list, will you be able to afford health care? Will you even be able to get healthcare. I have not seen this suggested YET. But I am not too pleased with the direction the debate has taken so far.

We seriously need health care reform. I don't see it happening as currently being debated in Washington.

4. Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    1. Your Premiums may go down as a result of the uninsured that currently get treated and never pay for their services used. The hospitals and govenment have to absorb these costs. We are currently paying more taxes because of this.

2. You could get paid more at work as health care expenses go up the companies shift cost to the workers or cut back in other ways. If the bill will control cost your employer will be able to give you some more money.

3. Peace of mind. Say you have health insurance now, your healthy and have a great job. But say something happens to you and you debvelop a medical condition and for some reason have to change jobs or become self employed. You might or will be denyed coverage.

4. Emergency Room waits would be shorter because your uninsured use these doctors for their primary care doctors which makes the people who have insurance thats their have to wait longer.

5. Small business will benefit due to reform creating subsidies to help them pay for insurance for their employees. This would also boost the economy.

6. Plan will not add to the federal deficit says chairman of the senate finance committee

Folks the time for health care reform has come. Whether you agree with Barack Obama or the GOP lets work together to come up with a plan. The USA is ranked 37th in the world by the world health organization. We should be #1. This is America please put the petty politics aside and lets be positive and due something that will benefit this great nation. 46 million people are uninsured we must do something about this.

I think the real problem is all of the "Solutions" I have heard of all adress demand side issues. No one is talking about supply side costs, except a vague "we should address medical malpractice". No one is talking about HIPPA costs, and the other costs of providing healthcare. There's that "Trickle Down Economics" theory again. We need to reduce cost, not change how we pay for care. Anyway, point by point:

1. The care still has to be paid for somehow. Every procedure will not magically cost less, the same number of proceedures (actually more, probably) will be done. What makes you think the total costs will go down? Premiums will go down, maybe, but taxes will go up to subsidize those who cannot afford the insurance (or is there some other way for the government to generate revenue?).

2. As more people and businesses are forced to carry insurance, small businesses will close, as they are unable to be profitable and cover the benefits. Costs to businesses will go up and small businesses will fail.

3. And this will reduce premiums? This will cost the insurance companies more, so they will have to raise prices. I do agree what the insurace companies do is disgusting, however, this will not reduce costs

4. Unless you live in an area with a large number of people who live off the grid, like illegals or poor. Oh, wait a minute, are these the bulk of the uninsured anyway?

5. Errrr, I don't buy it. We will force you to pay for insurance, then subsidize it, if you qualify. Where is the money for these subsidies going to come from? How will it be disbursed and when? Small businesses often run week to week and cannot afford another expense, even in the best of economies, even if the Govnmt (read my tax dollars) is paying part of it.

6. Yeah, we are going to spend a large amount of money (we really don't know how much), not raise taxes, and it is not going to add to the debt. Please explain this one to me, because I want to do it in my finances!!!

Also, add huge bureaucracies to oversee the programs that will only add more total cost of delivery.

All this adds up to lies. The cost of healthcare is not going to change, we are just looking at different ways to pay for it. What it will mean is the costs will come out of my pocket. And yours
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I agree it is time to reform health care. The 'preexisting clause" that keeps some people from getting coverage and is ean exclusing for coverage for may others is one of the big problems. Under all of the current bills, you would be able to get coverage if you have something like Diabestes but they would not have to cover any of the symptoms or causes of other problems related to being diabetic like heart attacks or loss of a foot ect. The other way insurance companies get around this is by a waiting period of a year before coverage kicks in and they can raise your price.
    I do not support any of the current Democratic plans!

My questions are; Since when has government controlled anything resulted in lower prices? Do you really believe government controlled health care won't add to the deficit? Do you really believe you'll get paid more at work, especially since taxes will have to go up to pay for the heath care and the trillions already spent? If you think you'll have shorter lines at hospitals just look at he British or Canadian systems.

This county started as, and still is, a Republic. This means the people are supposed to be in charge, not the government. The government should work for the people, not force things on them that they don't want. It also shouldn't spend trillions bailing out companies that have brought themselves to the verge of bankruptcy.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    My questions are; Since when has government controlled anything resulted in lower prices? Do you really believe government controlled health care won't add to the deficit? Do you really believe you'll get paid more at work, especially since taxes will have to go up to pay for the heath care and the trillions already spent? If you think you'll have shorter lines at hospitals just look at he British or Canadian systems.

This county started as, and still is, a Republic. This means the people are supposed to be in charge, not the government. The government should work for the people, not force things on them that they don't want. It also shouldn't spend trillions bailing out companies that have brought themselves to the verge of bankruptcy.
    yes, that is a question I ask frequently, "When has the Government ever made anything cheaper, better, or more efficiently?"
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I am afraid the the costs, such as greatly expanded medicare or medicaid will just be handed down to the states as unfunded mandates, as are so many other things. I also agree that the "pre-existing conditions" language in many proposals is leaving a path to avoid paying for care. I am diabetic, and just the cost of insulin, aprox. $400 a month, when you don't have insurance, or are in the "doughnut hole" on medicare, is hard to accept. We need reform, but as I said before, I don't see it coming out of Washington at this time.

I prominate former Judge that is on Fox said the bill if and when the bill is passed it will be Un-Constetutional

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post

lol let look at the proposed bill:

The plan is financed by more than $500 billion in various spending reductions, including Medicare, while calling for almost $350 billion in new taxes and fees.

Insurers would be hit with $6 billion in new fees, with another $4 billion coming from the medical device manufacturing sector. Smaller sums would come from drug makers and clinical laboratories.

1. Your Premiums may go down - If Insurers, medical device manufacturing, drug makers and clinical labs are going to be hit for additional Fee's you don't think thatís going to be passed on to the use? Even if the premiums go down we will be taxed more to cover the remaining $340 billion

2. You could get paid more at work - even if it becomes cheaper to employers you really think they are going to raise salaries?

3. Peace of mind. - Government spending another trillion dollars, which $340 billion will have to come from tax increases. So Government run health care and tax increases don't really give me peace of mind.

4. Emergency Room waits would be shorter - You really think just because everyone is insured that it's going to cut down on the emergency room waits? it's going to have the complete opposite affect. If your insured why wait to make an appointment to see your primary when you can just go to the emergency room now? Who cares it the emergency room cost more. I'm covered so I don't care. If you don't believe me then ask a Canadian friend.

5. Small business will benefit - This one maybe

6. Plan will not add to the federal deficit - ya not holding my breath on that one. In order for it not to add to the deficit they need to cut over 500 billion from other programs, Charge extra fees in the amount of 10 billion (to insurers, manufactures, drug corp, and clinical labs), then whatever is left over we get to split the bill.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Another non-firearms related thread stared by Mr. Toilet......

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast