The 15 most Corrupt Members of Congress

Thread: The 15 most Corrupt Members of Congress

The 15 most Corrupt Members of Congress

Woe is me! My Congressman, Rep. Pete Visclosky, D-IN 1st, is on the list! Actually, not many surprises here. The only surprise for me is that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid aren't on the list. Also, I believe that the only reason Ted Kennedy isn't on it is that he died last month. Finally, I was kinda hoping that the list would just be one of the 15 most corrupt politicians in the country, a list that SC governor Mark Sanford would almost certainly be on. Again, only because he was impeached and thrown out of office is former IL gov Rod Blagojevich saved from being on that list also.

Home | CREW's Most Corrupt Members of Congress
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Exclamation 7 Republicans / 8 Dems

The problem is systemic people...
    We are not holding them accountable...
    We are not demanding they be thrown in jail for breaking the law
    We are not offering to ride them out of town on a rail covered in tar and feathers like some many were after the civil war.

We have gotten soft

We need to be hard
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

It might be more realistic to look for 15 that are not.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    It might be more realistic to look for 15 that are not.
    I doubt that you could find 15 out of the 535 members of congress. IMAO.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Woe is me! My Congressman, Rep. Pete Visclosky, D-IN 1st, is on the list! Actually, not many surprises here. The only surprise for me is that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid aren't on the list. Also, I believe that the only reason Ted Kennedy isn't on it is that he died last month. Finally, I was kinda hoping that the list would just be one of the 15 most corrupt politicians in the country, a list that SC governor Mark Sanford would almost certainly be on. Again, only because he was impeached and thrown out of office is former IL gov Rod Blagojevich saved from being on that list also.

Home | CREW's Most Corrupt Members of Congress
    I don't know that I'd call Sanford corrupt, just scum. The word corrupt, to me, means that he has abused his office to his personal advantage.

I don't consider sleeping around on your wife a corrupt political offense. Corrupt morally, you betcha. Impeachable offense? Not according to the Constitution. Unbearable public pressure to resign? You betcha.

I like the take that Ross Perot had in firing one of his board members who was caught cheating on his wife. "If your wife can't trust you, neither can I."
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

+1 with HK4U. I think it would be far more challenging and 'fun' to TRY to find 15 politicians who are not corrupt.

+1 with Festus as well. "We the people" really have put up with so much BS and unacceptable personal/professional behavior for so long, it's disgusting. Such behavior is commonplace in political offices, and why?
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

I find it somewhat surprising that only two of them are from IL.

No surprise that four are from CA

Only 1 from NY?