Confronted Seattle Mayoral candidate

Thread: Confronted Seattle Mayoral candidate

Confronted Seattle Mayoral candidate

Got back from the McGinn meeting for Mayor. I quoted Article 1, Section 24
    of the State Constitution: The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in
    defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired. Asked the question in
    light of Nickels going ahead with his illegal gun ban against the State
    Constitution if he planned on upholding this action. He stated "I fully support
    Nickel's ban on guns and will work to enforce it to cover playgrounds as well"
    "We will see if the state has any authority over the city in any legal actions".
    Now we know where he lies.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

sounds like a total POS

Yep, sounds like another out of whack politician, go figure. I hope for you that he does not get elected!
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

I pray he doesn't get in. How do people NOT see that BANS do absoultly nothing except help criminals?
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Sorry you live in Seattle. I visited only once when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, and it's like 'San Francisco junior' up there... so stands to reason in such a liberal city, a junior wannabe politician is going to have to be disgustingly liberal to win the hearts & minds of the people there. I highly doubt conservative-minded, responsible gun-owners will be fairly or equally represented in the city of Seattle.

I do hope the state-level politicians steam-roll the Seattle slugs and enforce their own constitution. But the city of Seattle? Ouch...
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

that's too bad. hopefully enough people there care about keeping their freedoms to not let him in.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!