DRUDGE HEADLINE US MILITARY snatches PROTESTER - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: DRUDGE HEADLINE US MILITARY snatches PROTESTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I'd be more inclined to listen to you Bohemian if you had any of your own words to share. Trite quotations have an unappealing way of applying to any argument or persuasion you care to bend them towards.
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.

-- Carlos Catenada
    WTFU Sheeple... there's something original for you...

"Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all." - Abraham Lincoln

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius
    Daaaaang, you must be really smart then!

Thumbs down

It looked to me like the Guard guys were transporting an individual that had been detained somewhere in the vicinity by the civil police for whatever reason. They (National Guard) are often used in contigencies like that under authority of the state govenor. Jumping to the conclusion that they were somehow violating posse comitatus from what little could be seen in that video is quite disingenuous. In any case, I heard it was an illegal demonstration, i.e. one that did not have a permit issued by the city.
    do you need a permit to speak now too???????
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by krazyk View Post
    do you need a permit to speak now too???????
    Yes, you need a permit to deliberately shut down whole city blocks with crowds of people if that's what your "speech" amounts to. That tends to be rather disruptive to lots of businesses and just plain folks trying to get from point A to point B. It's fairly standard procedure in any major metropolitan area.

If you just want to stand on the street corner by yourself or with a few of your friends and wave signs chanting about how you hate Obama and have the right to bear arms, then no, you don't need a permit. And as long you aren't actually waving your weapon(s) around or assaulting anyone you probably won't even get transported to the local loony bin either.

ACLU Taking Notice Of G-20 Protester Treatment In Pennsylvania:
    Speaking Freely: Police harassment of G-20 protestors increasing

Pennsylvania G-20 Complaints Against Law Enforcement Activities
    Complaints about law enforcement around G-20 :: American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania

"I am mad at my legislators for legislating me out of a right to protect myself and my family" - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp"

Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp:
    YouTube - Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!

ACLU, huh? And who didn't see THAT coming up 6th Ave?

Don't get me started on the ACLU....

ACLU, huh? And who didn't see THAT coming up 6th Ave?

Don't get me started on the ACLU....
    Either the Constitution matters or it doesn't...

Just so we're clear, in case I see you go spinning any more exremist misinformation, here's my policy on that from another similar thread:

I came here recently to read and share information talking about guns, CC and potentially related legal and constitutional subjects. But when I see blatantly extremist politically charged misleading and even patently false information presented I am going to speak out against it. If the moderators think my posting is inappropriate or against site policy in any way I am sure they will tell me about it. If anyone is unhappy about the outcome, then I will gladly leave.

Peace.
    Just so we are clear, just because you believe something to be extremest does not make it so. However some of you stupid statements such as, "Anyone not entirely supportive of the job our National Guard does, whether it be in in the streets of Pittsburgh or the deserts of central Asia is an ungrateful, paranoid, ignorant SOB" prove just what an arrogant jerk you really are. I don't have time to argue with fools like you.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Wondered were you were HK4U. Fine then, be my guest - the parting shot is all yours....

A big thanks to the PA National Guard for pitching in to help when needed. That's what they do. One of the many things they do to protect your safety. Anyone not entirely supportive of the job our National Guard does, whether it be in in the streets of Pittsburgh or the deserts of central Asia is an ungrateful, paranoid, ignorant SOB.

JMHO.
    I totally agree with you, H4KU. I am totally in admiration of the NG especially in the Middle East. God bless them all. HOWEVER - the NG has no business in the streets of Pittsgurgh, unless there was an earthquake, hurricane or massive flooding, i.e. a national emergency. They cannot be used within the borders of the U.S. as policemen against the general population. This is against posse comitatus. And the NG IS military - anyone who says they are not part of the military is sadly mistaken. They participate in all military activities, draw military pay, and even qualify for military retirement.

The most recent attempt to rescind posse comitatus was made by Bush in 2006:

Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies". It provided that:

The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
    That was repealed, and the original law still stands:
    SEC. 15. From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress; and no money appropriated by this act shall be used to pay any of the expenses incurred in the employment of any troops in violation of this section And any person willfully violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction thereof shall be punished by fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding two years or by both such fine and imprisonment.
    And so the mayor of Pittsburgh can be fined and charged with a misdemeanor if he used NG troops to quell any disturbance or arrest and detain anyone. I am entirely supportive of the NG overseas; I am entirely NOT supportive of the use of NG within our borders.

So watch who you are calling an ungrateful, paranoid, ignorant SOB.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast