Republicans and democrats: Fooling all of the people all of the time!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republicans and democrats: Fooling all of the people all of the time!

1. Unhappy Republicans and democrats: Fooling all of the people all of the time!

If Obama doesn't destroy the nation by the end of his presidency, then we will have the same old pattern. The Republicans will tell voters that they are the party of change and that a vote for an independent is a vote for a Democrat. The democrats, of course, will point to positive accomplishments of the last four years that don't even really exist. If Obama doesn't get re-elected, my guess is that, in addition to winning the presidency, the Republicans will take control of at least the house or senate. Remember the old saying that you can't fool all of the people all of the time. I think Republicans and Democrats have certainly shown this to be untrue. There is another common saying that "craziness is doing the same thing over and over again, with the expectation of different results".

Unless the voters can elect a viable 3rd party candidate, I'm not sure the country will survive. Unless a thrid party provides the necessary competition, Republicans and Democrats will continue to get the arrogant notion that our citizens are stupid and will believe anything.

Ron Paul 2012

Republicans and Democrats. One party with two heads= two headed monster.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    If Obama doesn't destroy the nation by the end of his presidency, then we will have the same old pattern. The Republicans will tell voters that they are the party of change and that a vote for an independent is a vote for a Democrat. The democrats, of course, will point to positive accomplishments of the last four years that don't even really exist. If Obama doesn't get re-elected, my guess is that, in addition to winning the presidency, the Republicans will take control of at least the house or senate. Remember the old saying that you can't fool all of the people all of the time. I think Republicans and Democrats have certainly shown this to be untrue. There is another common saying that "craziness is doing the same thing over and over again, with the expectation of different results".

Unless the voters can elect a viable 3rd party candidate, I'm not sure the country will survive. Unless a thrid party provides the necessary competition, Republicans and Democrats will continue to get the arrogant notion that our citizens are stupid and will believe anything.

Good post, Montana; but the old adage is still true, because at least by pointing this out you are not fooled!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Post all you want, but not nearly enough will listen. They will always abandon principle for compromise. Most of those disgusted with both parties who post on this forum will be warning us to vote Republican so we don't continue the Democratic nightmare in 2010.

There are posters here who will tell you GWB was pro-gun, even though he said he'd sign an AWB and he never reversed any of the Clinton-era restrictions on import or milsurpl. Delusion is much more common than you want to believe.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Post all you want, but not nearly enough will listen. They will always abandon principle for compromise. Most of those disgusted with both parties who post on this forum will be warning us to vote Republican so we don't continue the Democratic nightmare in 2010.

There are posters here who will tell you GWB was pro-gun, even though he said he'd sign an AWB and he never reversed any of the Clinton-era restrictions on import or milsurpl. Delusion is much more common than you want to believe.

I don't understand your point. Isn't this a defeatist mentality.

"Post all you want, but not nearly enough will listen."
    So, don't post, then, and stay "delusional?"

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Only one solution that I see.

The ONLY solution that I see is to NOT RE-ELECT ANYONE! Regardless of party, regardless of state or area,
    regardless of their voting record, replace EVERYONE. This is the ONLY way to break their control over the
    political process and take back our country.
    And the health care bill and Cap & Trade? Nothing more than more control over our lives and another way of
    collecting taxes! Period!

Quote Originally Posted by mbass View Post
    I don't understand your point. Isn't this a defeatist mentality.
    Maybe, you can take it that way if you please. I've been trying to get people to understand that the goals of the major parties both lead to the loss of our freedoms for decades. I've seen these excited people decry them both after an election like we've just been through and then return to their D or R affiliation with the old 'lesser of two evils' excuse. I still vote and still encourage others to vote--just don't vote for incumbents or Republicans or Democrats. Most will tell you I waste my vote. I think those who voted for Obama or McCain wasted theirs. You choose your own point of view.
    "Post all you want, but not nearly enough will listen."
    So, don't post, then, and stay "delusional?"
    Non-sequitur; I wasn't calling you delusional (but I think you knew what I meant). Those who keep thinking that 'this time' voting for one of the 2 major parties is the proper course of action are delusion. Just wait a few months--the (mostly) Republicans on this site will be back during the run-up to the primary explaining how important it is to support their candidate. They'll admit their candidate isn't perfect, but is oh-so-much better than the Democrats and one of them WILL get elected because 3rd parties votes are wasted.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Hey Outtahere: I absolutely agree with voting all incumbents out of office UNLESS THE ALTERNATIVE IS A DEMOCRAT; based on what I have witnessed in the last year or two, if Jesus himself were a democrat I would not support him. Thank goodness come next year here in SC we will have a real republican primary and I will have the chance to still vote republican and get rid of the dead wood that currently represents me. Between Pelosi, Reid, Murtha, a dead Kennedy (thank you) and the ridiculous democratic controlled MA legislature that makes decisions based on party affiliation and the hell with the voters, and BO himself, I am at a point that I do not even want to affiliate or be friends with people who can find this group of miscreants acceptable. Probably the only reason I am on this forum, having purchased several guns since the last election, is my absolutely pessimistic feelings and abhorance for everything about our federal government except for the military (god bless them and keep them safe).

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Maybe, you can take it that way if you please. I've been trying to get people to understand that the goals of the major parties both lead to the loss of our freedoms for decades. I've seen these excited people decry them both after an election like we've just been through and then return to their D or R affiliation with the old 'lesser of two evils' excuse. I still vote and still encourage others to vote--just don't vote for incumbents or Republicans or Democrats. Most will tell you I waste my vote. I think those who voted for Obama or McCain wasted theirs. You choose your own point of view.

Non-sequitur; I wasn't calling you delusional (but I think you knew what I meant). Those who keep thinking that 'this time' voting for one of the 2 major parties is the proper course of action are delusion. Just wait a few months--the (mostly) Republicans on this site will be back during the run-up to the primary explaining how important it is to support their candidate. They'll admit their candidate isn't perfect, but is oh-so-much better than the Democrats and one of them WILL get elected because 3rd parties votes are wasted.

I was just asking; didn't take offense, nor was I seeking to offend.

I have never voted for a Democrat for president. But neither will I settle for the "lesser of two evils." Yet again, I will vote every time. What does that tell you?

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast