Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

I want to call him the good guy, but I'm having trouble doing so, with the hypocrite thing and all. Nevertheless, the good guy, even if he is a rabid, hypocritical anti, did prevail. I just wonder how the Bradys and Code Pink feel about it.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I don't blame him for using a gun for self defense but he has no standing to prevent law abiding citizens from doing the same.

Not that unusual when you think about it. I remember as far back as the Regan era a flap where Ted Kennedy had a private body guard with a fully automatic uzi in a brief case without propper liscenses or authority. Of course they don't think YOU need a gun. I wish I could track down that story in google but it is just too old.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadnFool View Post
    Not that unusual when you think about it. I remember as far back as the Regan era a flap where Ted Kennedy had a private body guard with a fully automatic uzi in a brief case without propper liscenses or authority. Of course they don't think YOU need a gun. I wish I could track down that story in google but it is just too old.

May not be able to find the article but here is a write up on the subject by Massad Ayoob.

Massad Ayoob Blog Archive GUN LOCKS, GUN LAWS, AND THE PASSING OF TED KENNEDY

Massad Ayoob on Guns

Want to Comment on a blog post? Look for and click on the blue No Comments or # Comments at the end of each post.

Massad Ayoob
    « MORE ON THE NEW CROP FROM SMITH & WESSON
    INTERNAL GUN LOCKS »
    GUN LOCKS, GUN LAWS, AND THE PASSING OF TED KENNEDY

Since blog reader feedback on the last couple of entries – regarding new Smith & Wesson products – had gone so heavily toward discussion of the internal lock feature on S&W revolvers, I had planned to make that the topic of this blog entry. However, the recent death of Senator Edward M. Kennedy eclipses it for news value, as it did on TV news stations for the past few days, which seem to have been “all Ted Kennedy, all the time.”

There’s actually a connection between the two topics. Kennedy vehemently supported mandatory internal locks on all firearms, and all manner of other Draconian measures that would have profoundly infringed on the civil rights of the firearms owning community…and sometimes did.

We can all understand the visceral reaction he must have had to his two gifted brothers being shot to death by assassins. What was harder to understand was his blaming of objects for human hatred, and his willingness to punish and dis-empower good people because of the acts of bad ones.

They called him “the lion of the Senate” when he died, but his advocacy of banning private citizens’ ownership of certain firearms because it would somehow enhance the public good, smacked more of “lyin’ in the Senate.”

I’ve worked for decades as a Trustee of the Second Amendment Foundation with SAF stalwart Dave Workman. HERE brother Workman provides a rich trove of links and reading for those who want to refresh on what the late Senator from the Bay State tried to do to gun owners and their rights, occasionally succeeding to a degree.

As you remember the last of the Generation of Princes in America’s Royal Family, remember him whole. His commitment to civil rights seemed to be limited to the ones he approved of. I recall Ted Kennedy’s private bodyguard being arrested for attempting to carry a fully automatic Beretta machine pistol into a Government building. Apparently, the guns he didn’t want the peasants to have were OK for protecting the Royal Family, whose immense wealth allowed them to hire high-priced private Praetorian Guards…

I’m just glad I managed to get through all that without mentioning Mary Jo Kopechne.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Thumbs down LEO Qualifications

I have talked to LEOs and they discussed where because of budgetary constraints and official policy they only had to fire six to eight rounds to meet annual weapons qualifications.

One of them told me that if they did more than that they were labeled as gun freaks.

7. I Went on newsvine.com, and as a CCW holder, posted my opinion about this Senator's latest (he has much baggage) incident. I immediately caught a heavy first round to the flesh. The Overwhelming return fire from the rest of my 'back-up' took out the Liberal Perp. The Second Amendment stands strong in 'The United States of America'. "Stay the course, Damn the Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead"

"The Man with a Sword is a Free Man, The Man without is...a Slave"

IMHO, a reformed anti-gun liberal is one who's been mugged.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

I got a few emails from people saying this guy isn't an Anti-Gun but a Pro-Gun Senator.

Anti-Gun NC Senator Soles, shoots intruder: MERGED - DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

From that thread:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leopard125
    A qwick search shows that the senator is pro-gun control

I wonder

Some thing about the Goose and Gander stories
    I saw that same article headline you saw, via Google.
    Problem is though the source;

Quote:
    2009-08-24 -Lurid Crime Tales-
    Pro-Gun Control State Senator Guns Down Armed Robber

Article

Posted by Anonymoose 2009-08-24 00:15
    Knowing better from past experience I ignored that and instead sought out a site detailing politician records.

The following is what I found, to the polar opposite of the above.

Quote:
    Project Vote Smart

Senator Robert Charles 'R.C.' Soles, Jr. (NC)

Current Office: State Senate
    Current District: 8
    Party: Democratic

Gun Issues

2008 Based on a point system, with points assigned for actions in support of or in opposition to Grass Roots North Carolina's position, Senator Soles received a rating of 68.

2008 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all candidates in 2008, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund assigned Senator Soles a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

2006 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 64 percent in 2006.

2006 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all state legislative candidates in 2006, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund assigned Senator Soles a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

2004 In 2004 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund gave Senator Soles a rating of A.

2002 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 20 percent in 2002.

2002 In 2002 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund gave Senator Soles a rating of B+.

2000 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 63 percent in 2000.

2000 In 2000 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund gave Senator Soles a rating of B+.

1998 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 63 percent in 1998.

1998 In 1998 National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action gave Senator Soles a rating of B.

1996 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 80 percent in 1996.

Source - Project Vote Smart - Senator Robert Charles 'R.C.' Soles, Jr. - Interest Group Ratings
    We should know better than to leap to conclusions and by unconfirmed information be so easy to throw rocks at given persons and politicians. That is the exact same technique and MO of the side we oppose.
    Rather take a full minute or two to learn the facts, all of them, first before making any hasty judgments and by that conclusions and/or false analysis.

Unfortunately though as is common amongst media and Joe Blow blogs the one posting has been picked up and duplicated under the exact same title and by that premise across multiple blog sites. All reportinig incorrect information as related to his gun control position.
    R.C. Soles gun record - Google Search

This gentleman who was victimized at his home is in fact one amongst and is of us, so says the NRA over the past 10 years!
    At several of the other blogs it's reported he was given an A rating in 2004 by the NRA but they oddly do not report the totality of the information as dating forward and backward in whole.
    As well blog commentators state that they were against his being endorsed by the NRA in 2004. But what about the years going back to 1998?! Are they unaware of as much? And if so, why? If not, then why are they ignoring that history and making no comment toward it?
    Further if they feel the NRA can't pick'em right with Soles then who is to say, by their logic, that the NRA can pick anyone right...And as such why then pay any attention what so ever to the NRA's political picks or pans?!
    A house of cards.

Additional information toward Sen. Soles;
    * North Carolina General Assembly - Senator R. C. Soles, Jr. (Democrat, 2009-2010 Session)
    * Home | R.C. Soles, Jr.

- Janq

P.S. - It took me all of two minutes to locate his record as via the Project Vote Smart website.
    The time consuming part was drafting and editing this post.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Senator R.C Soles was indicted on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, a felony.

State Sen. R.C. Soles indicted on assault charge | StarNewsOnline.com

11. What! no life threatning injury, obviously has no real concept of true gun control....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123