Facebook Poll - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Facebook Poll

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Individual RIGHTS NEVER END...

    It is a crime to deprive someone of their RIGHTS...
    I couldn't agree more and it is a right not be threatened by anyone at anytime. Again a persons rights end when it removes anothers rights. No right is unlimited and every right has an equally great responsibility. If everyone would consider others rights and behave accordingly there would be no need for criminal laws. It is the selfish ones who think that their right trumps all others.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I couldn't agree more and it is a right not be threatened by anyone at anytime. Again a persons rights end when it removes anothers rights. No right is unlimited and every right has an equally great responsibility. If everyone would consider others rights and behave accordingly there would be no need for criminal laws. It is the selfish ones who think that their right trumps all others.
    There you go with the double talk again...

    There is no right not to be threatened... there is a perceived privilege, (E.G. Law(s)) by jurisdiction, subject to jurisprudence, interpretation of what constitutes a threat and what does not...

    IF you are simply asking a fricking question whether or not someone should be shot or not; is not a threat...
    Considering the Usurper in question is a de facto criminal, an treasonous, impeachable offense to begin with...
    Its no more a threat then asking someone if another should be electrocuted because of some crime said individual committed...

    All RIGHTS Are Unlimited!

    That's why they do not call them PRIVILEGES!

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    There you go with the double talk again...

    There is no right not to be threatened... there is a perceived privilege, (E.G. Law(s)) by jurisdiction, subject to jurisprudence, interpretation of what constitutes a threat and what does not...

    IF you are simply asking a fricking question whether or not someone should be shot or not; is not a threat...
    Considering the Usurper in question is a de facto criminal, an treasonous, impeachable offense to begin with...
    Its no more a threat then asking someone if another should be electrocuted because of some crime said individual committed...

    All RIGHTS Are Unlimited!

    That's why they do not call them PRIVILEGES!
    Double talk? I guess that's because we disagree. With your unlimited right to free speech I could go into your place of business and tell them you're a thief or any number of things to get you fired. Tell me, is that legal? Does it fall into freedom of speech? As I said before if everyone would honor others rights there would be no need for laws.

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Double talk? I guess that's because we disagree. With your unlimited right to free speech I could go into your place of business and tell them you're a thief or any number of things to get you fired. Tell me, is that legal? Does it fall into freedom of speech? As I said before if everyone would honor others rights there would be no need for laws.
    Yes it does fall into your free speech, and it is legal; IF I was fired, because of something you said and it was latter found to be false you would both be civilly liable... not criminally...
    The outcome would have nothing to do with Constitutional Rights...

    But until such time, and even after you have the inherent right to say whatever you want about me or anybody else...

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    330

    English usage

    I love it! All the poor English usage on here. 99% of the people use YOUR when they should be using YOU'RE or YOU ARE. YOUR is for YOUR car, YOUR hat, YOUR home. YOU'RE or YOU ARE is for when you are talking about SOMEONE. IF you DON'T know which YOUR / YOU'RE to use, use YOU ARE. If that SOUNDS right, as in YOU ARE hat. Nope, WRONG one. It should be YOUR hat. YOUR going to the store. NO. Use YOU ARE going to the store. YES, that sounds fine, so you CAN use YOU'RE.

    THEN / THAN. 99% of the time THEN / THAN is used incorrectly too. AND to / too. THEN means do one thing and THEN do another thing. Put on YOUR socks, THEN put on your shoes. Do this, THEN do that. THAN means CHOOSE one OR the other. I would rather wear shoes THAN boots. One or the other. Pick me up, THEN we will go to the store. I would rather stay home THAN go to the store.

    THEN - do something and THEN do the other thing.

    THAN - do this - DON'T to that.

    I would rather kiss a snake THAN kiss her. THAN means you will do ONE thing. NOT both like when using THEN.

    I would rather kiss a snake, THEN kiss her. THEN means you will do BOTH.


    All this leads up to what Bohemian said. He said:

    "and your (sic) free to say I'd like to see the President (Usurper) dead, by whatever means..."

    IF Bohemian had used punctuation, it would be a totally DIFFERENT meaning. Like so:

    "and you're (or you are) free to say; "I'd like to see the..."

    As soon as those quote marks were put around it, that would mean any of YOU were free to say "I'd like to see the..."

    WITH the quotes around it, he would be saying YOU others are free to say that... NOT him saying it.

    Isn't that something, how two quotes CHANGE everything around. It IS that simple. With what was in front of that, it still means for ANYONE to say it, not just him.

    English can get you in trouble is you misuse it. Look at all the grief it brought Bohemian in this thread alone.

    I have NO clue on what was on facebook, but it sounds as if some retard was over extending a bit.

    YES, we DO have free speech. BUT, be prepared to have your a$$ kicked if you say the WRONG thing to someone and they don't like what you said. Go ahead and tell them; "We have free speech."

    Walk up to a guy who is 6'7" tall and weighs 375lbs who is out enjoying the mall with his 14 year old daughter and tell him;

    "That girl with you looks like a whore, and you look like her pimp, probably gave her herpes too."

    And I would bet your FREE speech rights would get you a 10" fist bouncing your head off the wall. Yes, you're welcome to say anything you want, but, sometimes people WILL take offence and they just don't seem to care about your right to FREE speech!

    We all seem to be a LOT (yes, it IS TWO words) braver on the Internet than in person!

    Isn't that fact funny. :)

    Smile, people, life is good. And use YOUR YOU'RE THEN THAN correctly!

    You know WHY that is a good idea??

    Because if you don't use them correctly, then a LOT of the people reading your post will think you ARE stupid. NO ONE likes to be called stupid or look stupid... do they? Maybe they don't care if people think they are stupid?

    THIS POST ISN'T POINTED ANY ONE PERSON, SORT OF A "IF THE SHOE FITS, THEN WEAR IT" DEAL. You people not bothering to use a free spell checker or learning how a few of the simpler words SHOULD be used, you know who you are.

    Although, a few will call ME stupid for posting such a post. :)

    Now, off to post a thread for Bush/Obama/Kennedy lovers.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Vet View Post
    I love it! All the poor English usage on here. 99% of the people use YOUR when they should be using YOU'RE or YOU ARE. YOUR is for YOUR car, YOUR hat, YOUR home. YOU'RE or YOU ARE is for when you are talking about SOMEONE. IF you DON'T know which YOUR / YOU'RE to use, use YOU ARE. If that SOUNDS right, as in YOU ARE hat. Nope, WRONG one. It should be YOUR hat. YOUR going to the store. NO. Use YOU ARE going to the store. YES, that sounds fine, so you CAN use YOU'RE.

    THEN / THAN. 99% of the time THEN / THAN is used incorrectly too. AND to / too. THEN means do one thing and THEN do another thing. Put on YOUR socks, THEN put on your shoes. Do this, THEN do that. THAN means CHOOSE one OR the other. I would rather wear shoes THAN boots. One or the other. Pick me up, THEN we will go to the store. I would rather stay home THAN go to the store.

    THEN - do something and THEN do the other thing.

    THAN - do this - DON'T to that.

    I would rather kiss a snake THAN kiss her. THAN means you will do ONE thing. NOT both like when using THEN.

    I would rather kiss a snake, THEN kiss her. THEN means you will do BOTH.


    All this leads up to what Bohemian said. He said:

    "and your (sic) free to say I'd like to see the President (Usurper) dead, by whatever means..."

    IF Bohemian had used punctuation, it would be a totally DIFFERENT meaning. Like so:

    "and you're (or you are) free to say; "I'd like to see the..."

    As soon as those quote marks were put around it, that would mean any of YOU were free to say "I'd like to see the..."

    WITH the quotes around it, he would be saying YOU others are free to say that... NOT him saying it.

    Isn't that something, how two quotes CHANGE everything around. It IS that simple. With what was in front of that, it still means for ANYONE to say it, not just him.

    English can get you in trouble is you misuse it. Look at all the grief it brought Bohemian in this thread alone.

    I have NO clue on what was on facebook, but it sounds as if some retard was over extending a bit.

    YES, we DO have free speech. BUT, be prepared to have your a$$ kicked if you say the WRONG thing to someone and they don't like what you said. Go ahead and tell them; "We have free speech."

    Walk up to a guy who is 6'7" tall and weighs 375lbs who is out enjoying the mall with his 14 year old daughter and tell him;

    "That girl with you looks like a whore, and you look like her pimp, probably gave her herpes too."

    And I would bet your FREE speech rights would get you a 10" fist bouncing your head off the wall. Yes, you're welcome to say anything you want, but, sometimes people WILL take offence and they just don't seem to care about your right to FREE speech!

    We all seem to be a LOT (yes, it IS TWO words) braver on the Internet than in person!

    Isn't that fact funny. :)

    Smile, people, life is good. And use YOUR YOU'RE THEN THAN correctly!

    You know WHY that is a good idea??

    Because if you don't use them correctly, then a LOT of the people reading your post will think you ARE stupid. NO ONE likes to be called stupid or look stupid... do they? Maybe they don't care if people think they are stupid?

    THIS POST ISN'T POINTED ANY ONE PERSON, SORT OF A "IF THE SHOE FITS, THEN WEAR IT" DEAL. You people not bothering to use a free spell checker or learning how a few of the simpler words SHOULD be used, you know who you are.

    Although, a few will call ME stupid for posting such a post. :)

    Now, off to post a thread for Bush/Obama/Kennedy lovers.

    Me no speekee Engrish too well, so I use spell check and grammar check.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Yes it does fall into your free speech, and it is legal; IF I was fired, because of something you said and it was latter found to be false you would both be civilly liable... not criminally...
    The outcome would have nothing to do with Constitutional Rights...

    But until such time, and even after you have the inherent right to say whatever you want about me or anybody else...
    So you're saying that a civil case may be possible and I would have to pay for my "free" speech, is that right? What's the difference in civil limits and criminal limits, other than the punishment inflicted? Again, there's a limit there.

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    So you're saying that a civil case may be possible and I would have to pay for my "free" speech, is that right? What's the difference in civil limits and criminal limits, other than the punishment inflicted? Again, there's a limit there.
    You keep confusing free speech with liable & tort...

    Read or Re-Read and comprehend this time; the 1st 12 rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, there is clearly a reason why they are unambiguous and brief and unconditional, without exception...

    RIGHTS have no limits that's whey they are not called PRIVILEGES

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast