NoBamaCare - Page 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NoBamaCare

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I'm not aware of anything the government ever got involved with that ended up being more efficient or cheaper. But OTOH, something (I don't know what) has to be done to get healthcare costs under control. It's just ridiculous. I think the healthcare industry in general has turned into one big profit making scam with everyone from the doctors to the HMOs to the pharmaceutical makers and everyone in between in collusion to raise prices to the aboslutely unreasonably highest levels the market will bear - to the detrimet of society.
    Before you start blaming insurance companies, drug manufacturers, and the doctors let's talk about tort reform and all the money spent on illegal aliens.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    Congress is responsible for all laws that are passed. However the congress we have now has been in place since 2006. When did the big push for health care reform start? After Obama was elected!!!!
    The 111th Congress has NOT been in place since 2006. Heck, the Senate of the 111th Congress now has 17 senators who weren't even in the chamber 1 year ago: Mark Begich (D-AK), Mark Udall (D-CO), Michael Bennett (D-CO), Edward Kaufman (D-DE), George LeMieux (R-FL), James Risch (R-ID), Roland Burris (D-IL), Paul Kirk (D-PRMA), Al Franken (D-MN), Mike Johanns (R-NE), Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Tom Udall (D-NM), Kirsten Gillebrand (D-NY), Kay Hagan (D-NC), Jeff Merkley (D-OR), Bernard Sanders (i-VT), Mark Warner (D-VA). I don't know what the number is for the House, but you get the idea.

As for the push for health care reform, remember that when the Democrats seized control of Congress in 2006, there was still a Republican in the White House who had the power to veto any legislation coming out of there. It wouldn't have mattered if the Democrat in the White House was Obama or someone else, because now everything that the Democrats need (both houses of Congress (including a filibuster proof majority in the Senate) and the White House under Democratic control) to pass pretty much whatever they want is now in place.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Senate Finance Committee ObamaCare Vote This Week!

Senate Finance Committee ObamaCare Vote This Week!

From the Desk of:
    Steve Elliott, President, Grassfire.org Alliance

The Senate Finance Committee is about to cast a key vote on ObamaCare
    based on a summary document without ever seeing the
    actual legislative language. See below. --Steve

Fellow U.S. Citizen,

As I reported to you yesterday, the Senate Finance Committee is voting this week on its version of ObamaCare.

But the little secret of the Finance Committee is that Senators
    will be voting on a summary document (called the "Chariman's Mark" or the "plain language" version) instead of the actual legislative language.

In fact, there is NO ACTUAL LEGISLATIVE LANGAUGE for Senators to
    read! It does not exist (at least not publicly).

I know it seems odd, but our staff has been repeatedly told by
    staffers on the Hill that this is the normal operating procedure
    of this committee. Senators vote without seeing actual legislative
    language. Some time after the vote, the legislative language will
    be drawn up.

Why? Senator Carper, who sits on the Committee and supports
    ObamaCare, thinks it is silly to even want to read the actual
    legislative language. He says actual legislation is "archane" and
    "incomprehensible as to what it means" and "almost defies
    comprehension." But of course he is going to support a bill he cannot read
    or understand!

So that means SENATORS who sits on this
    Committee will vote this week on a bill that he or she
    cannot read because the actual legislative language has
    not been written and is totally incomprehensible even
    to members of Congress...

This is outrageous!

+ +Action Item #1 - Fax the Senators on the Committee Now!

We just learned that the Finance Committee vote will likely take
    place Thursday or Friday. That's because Senators are waiting for
    a cost report on the bill from the Congressional Budget Office.

This gives us a few more days to flood key members of this
    Committee with faxes and phone calls.

Fellow U.S. Citizen, I need your help because those such as Nevada
    Senator John Ensign sits on this Committee and holds a key vote.

A fax from YOU right now will carry much weight even if you
    are not a home state constituent.

Please take advantage of these two options:

Use our FaxFire service. There is no more convenient way to quickly
    and efficiently communicate your message than by using our FaxFire
    service. Click here now to schedule your faxes for immediate delivery:
    http://www.grassfire.org/

Or, send your own faxes. Go here for instructions, fax content, sample
    text and contacts list. Click here to send your own faxes:

+ +Action Item #2 - Call Sen. Ensign Today, and other members of the Senate Finance Committee!

After you schedule your faxes, please call and especially let Sen. Ensign
    know where you stand on ObamaCare, the individual mandate, and the
    planned government takeover of healthcare.

Please also call your other Senator expressing similar sentiment
    about ObamaCare, as well as other key members of the Senate Finance
    Committee, URGING THEM TO VOTE NO.

Sen. Reid 202-224-3542

Sen. Ensign 202-224-6244

Sen. Baucus (Chair): 202-224-2651

Finance Committee: 202-224-4515

We have listed other Sen. Finance Committee member numbers here:

+ + Read the "plain language" version for yourself

We have posted a link so you can download the "plain language" version
    of the ObamaCare bill being voted on this week.

Of course, your Senators aren't smart enough to understand actual
    legislation so this is what they will be voting on.

And the American people aren't smart enough to understand "incomprensible"
    legislation that will control one-sixth of the economy.

And of course, we can trust Democratic staffers to write the
    egislation so it perfectly conforms to this summary language.

(You get the point.)

Go here to access:

Political pundits are saying it is a long shot to defeat this bill
    in the Finance Committee. But they also know that if this bill is
    defeated in this committee, passage before the full Senate will be
    extremely difficult.

Plus, passing the bill in Finance gives Harry Reid the ability to
    use his procedural authority to merge the two competing ObamaCare
    bills and bring his own version directly to the Senate floor.

Essentially, Reid will cherry pick what he and Obama want in
    the bill and force a vote.

This could be the key week in the ObamaCare fight. DON'T LISTEN
    TO THE LIBERAL MEDIA. Please take a stand.

Steve Elliott, President
    Grassfire.org

P.S: We have more resources for you on our ResistNet site. Go here:

Help Us Defeat ObamaCare Now! - Patriotic Resistance!

we are required to buy auto insurance why is it bad if we have to buy health insurance. Worst case scenario you might not end up with thousands of dollars in medical bills when something bad happens. Do you feel the government has taken over since you are forced to buy auto insurance, mail a letter with the united states Postal Service, or send your kids to public school, or other government programs you or someone in your family uses. Is it so bad bohemian?

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    we are required to buy auto insurance why is it bad if we have to buy health insurance. Worst case scenario you might not end up with thousands of dollars in medical bills when something bad happens. Do you feel the government has taken over since you are forced to buy auto insurance, mail a letter with the united states Postal Service, or send your kids to public school, or other government programs you or someone in your family uses. Is it so bad bohemian?
    I'll take this one, Bohemian...Yeah, it's bad if I'm forced to do ANYTHING the government requires, if it's not mandated by the Constitution. I have paid for MY FAMILY'S health insurance for 30 years. Am I interested in paying for YOURS thru my tax dollars. NO. FYI, I'm not forced to use the Postal Service and often don't. Public Schools? I would NEVER send my kids to the public schools of today. I would (and did) send them to private Christian schools. And just cause I know you're gonna ask, I DON'T make a lot of money; somethings are just too important and are worth sacrificing for. But you might not know about that, since you're just as happy with a "government program" (read: other taxpayers' dollars) providing things for you. So, yeah, it's bad...every year our freedoms and rights are diminished while the "government" grows in power. I wonder if there's a correlation between these two FACTS?

well its not going to get any better man so you might as well quit complaining. Even our military is paid for by tax dollars. I don't see anybody joining for free or if they get hurt rejecting compensation. America is socialized already, healthcare will pass, and throwing tea bags won't help . Democrats and republicans are crooks. no one side is right 100percent.

If you are forced to buy auto/health insurance to prevent you from financial turmoil why is that so bad. People who wrote the constitution didn't have to worry about people suing them for all they have or maybe they might have put that in their somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    well its not going to get any better man so you might as well quit complaining. Even our military is paid for by tax dollars. I don't see anybody joining for free or if they get hurt rejecting compensation. America is socialized already, healthcare will pass, and throwing tea bags won't help . Democrats and republicans are crooks. no one side is right 100percent.
    Well, we agree on the "crooks" part of your post; no argument there. As for the rest, providing for the national defense is a valid function of the federal government, which I don't mind paying for. As for the rest, are you suggesting that we should all just lay down and let the government do whatever it wants. Cause that's not gonna work for me...

YouTube - Right to Work on Fox and Friends: Healthcare Reform is a Trojan Horse for Compulsory Unionism

National TV: Obamacare is Trojan Horse for Forced Unionism

In recent weeks, National Right to Work president Mark Mix has appeared in print, on national television, and on radio networks outlining the hidden payoffs to the union bosses hidden inside the health care overhaul legislation.

Last week, Mix appeared on the nationally syndicated Lars Larson radio show to expose this Big Labor Trojan Horse. Listen to the interview or download it via iTunes by clicking here.

Mix also went on the national morning talk show Fox & Friends to alert the public about these pending health care unionization schemes. Click here or the video below to watch the interview.

As always, remember to check back regularly at the Foundation's blog for all the latest updates from National Right to Work.

The National Right to Work Foundation provides free legal aid to employees so they can fight back against union coercion and abuse.

The Foundation must rely on the voluntary support of individual Americans who believe in our cause and wish to advance our strategic litigation program. To make a fully tax-deductible donation in whatever amount, please click here. The National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation is a nonprofit, charitable organization providing free legal aid to employees whose human or civil rights have been violated by compulsory unionism abuses. The Foundation, which can be contacted toll-free at 1-800-336-3600, is assisting thousands of employees in more than 200 cases nationwide. Its web address is www.nrtw.org/.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast