NoBamaCare - Page 23
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: NoBamaCare

Quote Originally Posted by sjsomega View Post
    If "Obamacare" is unconstitutional, Then auto insurance required by States is also unconstitutional.... As is any required insurance..... I do not want to be on the road when that be comes law.....
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Auto insurance comes with the permission to own a vehicle from the state as a requirement. You are free to get it from any company that writes it in your home state. Or a bond put up to the state to cover any accidents. There is no mandatory Federal requirement for it. Even on a military base you are only required to meet the state you are in's requirements or your home state's. There is no insurance required to live. YET! Living is a right whereas driving is a privilege. The point of it being within the State's Rights and not the Feds to decide this is another point that is being brought up in the other cases. Currently seniors and those on SS due to disability are not forced to take Medicare. YET!
    To clarify further, you only have to have car insurance to drive on PUBLIC roads. I can have 100 cars with no insurance if they never leave my property on their wheels.
    George Washington: They may pass a law to issue paper money, but 20 laws will not make the people receive it. Paper money is founded upon fraud and knavery.

Quote Originally Posted by benjammin View Post
    To clarify further, you only have to have car insurance to drive on PUBLIC roads. I can have 100 cars with no insurance if they never leave my property on their wheels.
    Maybe in your jusrisdiction. There are plenty of places across the country where vehicles - ANY vehicles - are required to be registered. And insurance is a pre-requisite for registration. Maybe if you stay inside your house and keep your contagious diseases to yourself you can get away without health insurance. Is that your point?

But you miss the point. Point being the gubmint can and does mandate all sorts of things like insurance. You can point to all the odball examples going against that simple fact all day long and it doesn't change anything The gubmint can and will mandate insurance as deemed necessary by the will of the people.

Or against their will. Whatever, take your pick or choose your side, but it WILL still happen, quite legally and well within the framework of the Constitution, I might add.

Well within the Constitution, my ass. What next, a mandate to eat your fruits and vegetables?

As for cars, you are only required to have insurance if you CHOOSE to drive. You don't drive, you don't have to pay auto insurance. Big difference.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    As for cars, you are only required to have insurance if you CHOOSE to drive. You don't drive, you don't have to pay auto insurance. Big difference.
    Uh, huh. The "big difference" as you say OTOH, would be choosing whether to get sick or injured. Same as you can't really choose whether or not you get involved in an automobile accident if you CHOOSE to drive.

Good luck with that.

I believe your false dichotomy has been presented, for your edification.

Any one that has studied the US Constitution knows Obama care is unconstitutional. But anything that might go against the progressive liberal agenda is to be ignored. The silent majority has been letting them get away with dragging the nation down this road for years by re-electing the same people year after year.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

7. New spending bill

Just like the new spending bill both parties are trying to ram through with all the pork barrel for the different states. They just plain suck. They don't have any idea what regular people go through, because they are royality.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    The silent majority has been letting them get away with dragging the nation down this road for years...
    "Silent majority" is an oxymoron like jumbo shrimp or holy war. You could plausibly argue nothing the Federal goverment does is constitutional in the extreme.

But that as always, would be based on intrepretation and opinion and doesn't change anything.

Interpretation and opinion changes everything. View SCOTUS rulings for proof.

Only an uneducated fool would believe that Congress mandating that citizens MUST participate in economic activity by buying something they don't want is constitutional. But, I don't believe we have any of these types on this board.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Interpretation and opinion changes everything. View SCOTUS rulings for proof.

Only an uneducated fool would believe that Congress mandating that citizens MUST participate in economic activity by buying something they don't want is constitutional. But, I don't believe we have any of these types on this board.
    Problem is for too many years we've had a Progressive/Liberal SCOTUS and until something makes it thru that court, the jurisdiction that is in violation just ignores the common man.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223