How many criminals are really out there?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many criminals are really out there?

1. How many criminals are really out there?

I was researching statistics on repeat offenders and found something quite interesting:

From the US DOJ "67.5% of those released from prison were re-arrested within 3 years"
    Bureau of Justice Statistics Reentry Trends in the U.S.: Recidivism

Do you see this as a small percentage of people causing a large percentage of crime? If we had/followed a 2-3 strike your out (life in prison) policy would this be effective?

What do we as a society need to do to STOP offering hugs and START offering prison bunks?

Exclamation That is easy

Make Sheriff Joe Arpaio the Attorney General of the USA or put him in charge of the FBI.

Either way let him do his job unfettered and watch the illegal criminals run for cover and the cochroaches run for the dark
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

4. He's the AZ Sheriff, correct?

Exclamation yup!

Yes he is!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio... We need more folks like him!

7. Many see Sheriff Joe as a bigot, but I think that in a hispanic community the majority of people arrested will be hispanic...

I guess people don't like LE officials that are tough on crime.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Sheriff Joe's not PC

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Many see Sheriff Joe as a bigot, but I think that in a hispanic community the majority of people arrested will be hispanic...

I guess people don't like LE officials that are tough on crime.
    Yeah, hard to get things done when doing the politically correct dance... Political correctness, to some extent, is antiprogressive.

How many? Does that include the bureaucrats in D.C.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

10. Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

As long as the punishment fits the crime, then ok. Three strikes for petty stuff like shoplifting or stealing a slice of pizza is cruel and unusual punishment as defined by the 8th Amendment. Child molesters and other VIOLENT felons are who the 3 strikes law needs to be focused on.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast