Another OMG email concerning Obama and the Military

Thread: Another OMG email concerning Obama and the Military

Exclamation Another OMG email concerning Obama and the Military

As a retired military Senior NCO, the possible scenario painted by the below writer seems unthinkable.

But he reminds us that with their oath of office, military officers are sworn to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Unlike enlisted personnel, they do not swear to "obey the orders of the president of the United States."

Because of that, I suspect Obama's continuing rape of our Constitution keeps many top generals and admirals awake at night, wondering if destiny will visit and call upon them. With few exceptions, these men and women are duty bound, people of honor, integrity, and loyalty. I believe they will defend the Constitution.

It is an insightful and provocative article. The writer is no Johnny-come-lately. He served in the White House under two Presidents.

Because I am a retired military Senior NCO, I am still part of the force, even in retirement. I will tell you this -- if given a choice of supporting and defending radical, anti-American Barack Hussein Obama or the God-inspired, blood-stained Constitution of the United States, I will choose the Constitution, as I believe most military people would do.

Obama Risks a Domestic Military 'Intervention'

From Newsmax.com
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:35 AM
    By: John L. Perry
    From Obama Risks a Domestic Military ‘Intervention’
    There is a remote, although gaining, possibility America's military will intervene as a last resort to resolve the "Obama problem." Don't dismiss it as unrealistic.

America isn't the Third World. If a military coup does occur here it will be civilized. That it has never happened doesn't mean it wont. Describing what may be afoot is not to advocate it. So, view the following through military eyes:

>>>Officers swear to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Unlike enlisted personnel, they do not swear to "obey the orders of the president of the United States."

>>>Top military officers can see the Constitution they are sworn to defend being trampled as American institutions and enterprises are nationalized.

>>>They can see that Americans are increasingly alarmed that this nation, under President Barack Obama, may not even be recognizable as America by the 2012 election, in which he will surely seek continuation in office.

>>>They can see that the economy * ravaged by deficits, taxes, unemployment, and impending inflation * is financially reliant on foreign lender governments.

>>>They can see this president waging undeclared war on the intelligence community, without whose rigorous and independent functions the armed services are rendered blind in an ever-more hostile world overseas and at home.

>>>They can see the dismantling of defenses against missiles targeted at this nation by avowed enemies, even as America's troop strength is allowed to sag.

>>>They can see the horror of major warfare erupting simultaneously in two, and possibly three, far-flung theaters before America can react in time.

>>>They can see the nation's safety and their own military establishments and honor placed in jeopardy as never before.

So, if you are one of those observant military professionals, what do you do?

Wait until this president bungles into losing the war in Afghanistan, and Pakistan's arsenal of nuclear bombs falls into the hands of militant Islam?

Wait until Israel is forced to launch air strikes on Iran's nuclear-bomb plants, and the Middle East explodes, destabilizing or subjugating the Free World?

What happens if the generals Obama sent to win the Afghan war are told by this president (who now says, "I'm not interested in victory") that they will be denied troops they must have to win? Do they follow orders they cannot carry out, consistent with their oath of duty? Do they resign en masse?

Or do they soldier on, hoping the 2010 congressional elections will reverse the situation?

Do they dare gamble the national survival on such political whims?

Anyone who imagines that those thoughts are not weighing heavily on the intellect and conscience of America's military leadership is lost in a fool's fog.

Will the day come when patriotic general and flag officers sit down with the president, or with those who control him, and work out the national equivalent of a "family intervention," with some form of limited, shared responsibility?

Imagine a bloodless coup to restore and defend the Constitution through an interim administration that would do the serious business of governing and defending the nation.

Skilled, military-trained, nation-builders would replace accountability-challenged, radical-left commissars. Having bonded with his twin teleprompters, the president would be detailed for ceremonial speech-making.

Military intervention is what Obama's exponentially accelerating agenda for "fundamental change" toward a Marxist state is inviting upon America. A coup is not an ideal option, but Obama's radical ideal is not acceptable or reversible.

Unthinkable? Then think up an alternative, non-violent solution to the Obama problem. Just don't shrug and say, "We can always worry about that later."

In the 2008 election, that was the wistful, self-indulgent, indifferent reliance on abnegation of personal responsibility that has sunk the nation into this morass.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Interesting. Thanks for posting it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Normally I would not consider this a valid option, but these times are not normal! We have a person in the Oval Office, our
    Commander In Chief, who apparently is intent on doing as much damage to our country as he can before he is stopped. Perhaps the 2012 election will be too far off to be able to stop him since he has the totally corrupt Chicago political machine as well as a list of people who have grievances against the US behind him helping him to "transform" America. I'm afraid that by 2012 it will be too late to not only reverse some of the damage he/they will have caused but it may also be too late to actually vote him out of office. Sooo, enter the military. At this point I would welcome our own military intervention into our national political affairs IF (1) they would TEMPORARILY take control of the government and (2) forcefully remove ALL elected officials in DC and immediately declare a new national election to replace all of them with any qualified individual who
    would, under oath, declare to bring our country back under control working within our existing Constitution and restore our
    government back to what it was originally intended to be --- an extension of the people's will --- not an extension of the wll
    of lobbyists and unions and union organizers and the like. After the election the military would go back to being the watchdog of our freedom that it has always been, nothing more and nothing less. I guess we'll see how this all plays out
    pretty soon one way or the other.