I did a little digging...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did a little digging...

Exclamation I did a little digging...

Process of Nomination and Selection

I'm no math whiz but I can count. Obama was President depending on which side of the Intl. Date line you are on for 11-12 days before the deadline. What could he possibly have done as President in that short period of time?

Remember he was not even President for a week when he flew to the middle east to give his first address to the ARABS and not to the American people.

Process of Nomination and Selection

The Norwegian Nobel Committee is responsible for the selection of eligible candidates and the choice of the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates. The Committee is composed of five members appointed by the Storting (Norwegian parliament). The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo, Norway, not in Stockholm, Sweden, where the Nobel Prizes in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and the Economics Prize are awarded.

Who is eligible for the Prize

The candidates eligible for the Nobel Peace Prize are those nominated by qualified individuals. See Qualified Nominators. No one can nominate him- or herself.
    How are the Nobel Laureates selected?
    nomination process

Below is a brief description of the process involved in selecting the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates.

September Invitation letters are sent out. The Nobel Committee sends out invitation letters to individuals qualified to nominate members of national assemblies, governments, and international courts of law; university chancellors, professors of social science, history, philosophy, law and theology; leaders of peace research institutes and institutes of foreign affairs; previous Nobel Peace Prize Laureates; board members of organizations that have received the Nobel Peace Prize; present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; and former advisers of the Norwegian Nobel Institute.

February Deadline for submission. The Committee bases its assessment on nominations that must be postmarked no later than 1 February each year. Nominations postmarked and received after this date are included in the following year's discussions. In recent years, the Committee has received close to 200 different nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize. The number of nominating letters is much higher, as many are for the same candidates.

February-March Short list. The Committee assesses the candidates' work and prepares a short list.

March-August Adviser review. The short list is reviewed by permanent advisers and advisers specially recruited for their knowledge of specific candidates. The advisers do not directly evaluate nominations nor give explicit recommendations.

October Nobel Laureates are chosen. At the beginning of October, the Nobel Committee chooses the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates through a majority vote. The decision is final and without appeal. The names of the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates are then announced.

December Nobel Laureates receive their prize. The Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony takes place on 10 December in Oslo, Norway, where the Nobel Laureates receive their Nobel Prize, which consists of a Nobel Medal and Diploma, and a document confirming the prize amount.
    Are the nominations made public?

The statutes of the Nobel Foundation restrict disclosure of information about the nominations, whether publicly or privately, for 50 years. The restriction concerns the nominees and nominators, as well as investigations and opinions related to the award of a prize.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I think any more the requirements are to find the worse possible person and give it to them.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

That "prize" is a meaningless joke.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Whats wrong with giving a speech to arabs. HK4u thiers only one way of stopping teorroist from attacking this nation and it is through speaking to them, not through point less wars that cost american lives and billions of dollars. the fact we are even in afghanistan, and iraq, killing tousands of innocent people through collateral damage, is making thousand of new terrorist as we disscuss this. I may not agree with obams policies but he had it right it's time that we speak to the arabs, and build better bonds with them, so they can stop feeling the need to hate us. Yes it does annoy me that the arabs shout kill all americans, and other crap, but why dont u stop and, think why that is. Remember this country is run by mega corporations that dont care who they hurt, and what country's they rape in thier quest to get richer, and we the normal people have to deal with the hate they sow in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by doming83 View Post
    Whats wrong with giving a speech to arabs. HK4u thiers only one way of stopping teorroist from attacking this nation and it is through speaking to them, not through point less wars that cost american lives and billions of dollars. the fact we are even in afghanistan, and iraq, killing tousands of innocent people through collateral damage, is making thousand of new terrorist as we disscuss this. I may not agree with obams policies but he had it right it's time that we speak to the arabs, and build better bonds with them, so they can stop feeling the need to hate us. Yes it does annoy me that the arabs shout kill all americans, and other crap, but why dont u stop and, think why that is. Remember this country is run by mega corporations that dont care who they hurt, and what country's they rape in thier quest to get richer, and we the normal people have to deal with the hate they sow in the world.
    What planet do you live on? Killing thousands of innocent people? Where were you on September 11, 2001?

They attacked us. They started this war, not us. And don't give me any BS about Iraq not attacking us. They were in violation of 17+ UN resolutions and were shooting at our jets protecting the no-fly zones.

You can not negotiate with people that want to die for their cause, which is to KILL all Americans and all Israelis.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

All the terroist were from sudia arbia are we fighting a war thier.
    I dont think so. you can always negotiate with people dont give me that bs that all arabs are fanatics. thier still people like us who are rulled over by dictators, and extrimist religious figures.

lol who the hell is the un to tell people in different country what to do.

If the un told us to do something we'd lought at them in thier faces.

Remember when the shaw in iran got overtrown we gave sadam hussein, and the iraquis weapons so that they could fight Iran. Just look at how that backfired, and we helped create a dictator.

The us has a bad habit of creating monsters then pretending we werent involved.

I love this country, but we are not as inocent as u think we are.

9. Quote Originally Posted by doming83 View Post
    NEWS FLASH - THEY HATED US BEFORE WE HAD TROOPS OVER THERE!!! - remember they attacked us for years before we went after them. Khobar Towers. The first World Trade Center attack. US Embassy bombings in Africa. USS Cole. Sept. 11.

But it's all America's fault. We should find out what their problem is and do whatever they want so that they will love us...It will never be enough. They hate us because the values that our country stand for are antithetical to their way of life. The only way that we could ever stop them from hating us would be to surrender all of the values that make America great and become like them. Do you think that that is ever going to happen?

You can not negotiate with evil. I consider any belief system that encourages that targeting of innocents, demonizes those who don't believe the same, condemns people who are different just for being different, and preaches hate and intolerance the way that Islamofacists do to be evil. A great many Americans feel the same. So the whole Obama love fest with the Arab world and apology tours telling the world how crappy America is don't sit too well with a lot of us. Which is why this Nobel Prize is so aggravating.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by joespahr View Post
    NEWS FLASH - THEY HATED US BEFORE WE HAD TROOPS OVER THERE!!! - remember they attacked us for years before we went after them. Khobar Towers. The first World Trade Center attack. US Embassy bombings in Africa. USS Cole. Sept. 11.

But it's all America's fault. We should find out what their problem is and do whatever they want so that they will love us...It will never be enough. They hate us because the values that our country stand for are antithetical to their way of life. The only way that we could ever stop them from hating us would be to surrender all of the values that make America great and become like them. Do you think that that is ever going to happen?

You can not negotiate with evil. I consider any belief system that encourages that targeting of innocents, demonizes those who don't believe the same, condemns people who are different just for being different, and preaches hate and intolerance the way that Islamofacists do to be evil. A great many Americans feel the same. So the whole Obama love fest with the Arab world and apology tours telling the world how crappy America is don't sit too well with a lot of us. Which is why this Nobel Prize is so aggravating.
    well said:)
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doming83 View Post

The fundamental flaw in this line of reasoning is that there is nothing we can do, or stop doing, "so they can stop feeling the need to hate us."

Pie in the sky Utopia is not a reality. They have "hated" us for a long time.

Now, if we take your reasoning to its logical origin, we would have to go back to a time before there was a United States, in order to find a time when they didn't "feel the need to hate us" (and they still hated "us" then).

There is nothing we can do to appease their ideology, save convert or die (which still doesn't appease).

However, I do appreciate your polemical position as a change of pace.

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast