Carry in church vs. church culture - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry in church vs. church culture

1. I carry in church all the time and my Pastor knows it and appreciates it. Our church is out in the country, sits on 43 acres and we're off the road quite a bit. Also, both his son-in-laws carry too. I'm in Indiana.

3. I humbly suggest that you consult an attorney. It sounds as if Virginia has given you an "out" with the phrase "good and sufficient reason". If multiple church and school shootings in gun-free zones don't constitute "good and sufficient reason", I'm not sure what does. In addition, I bet there are many members on this site that don't really limit themselves according to where they carry based on the current laws, they just take the risk and try to maintain a low profile, with the firearm well concealed. My faith question on this issue is: "if God grants us the right to self-defense, can man really tell us when and where we have access to that right"? It's a question every person has to answer for themselves.

Will add this: In Luke 23:(?) Jesus is addressing His disciples and commissioning them the second time. His words were--the first time I sent you out without cloak and rainment--this time if you do not have a sword then sell a cloak and buy one. His words-not mine. One of the disciples(probably Peter) replied -- here are two and Jesus replied "it is enough" . He did not tell him to only carry one. If it was good enough for the disciples with Jesus's blessings then it is good enough for me. Do not let some "mealy mouth" tell you that a Christian is not to carry a weapon, defend himself, or defend his family. If we do not provide for our family then we are "worse than infidels" as the Bible puts it. If you are killed/injured then you cannot provide for your family. It our responsibility to provide for them-not be carried by six. When Nehemiah was rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem they carried their weapons with them. We are told to keep our "bow arms" strong. We are not supposed to be victims but victorious both in spirit and in flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    So tell me again what the purpose of the "religion & guns" forum is? I thought certain people didn't want discussion of religion. In fact, they seemed to hate it. So, what the hell are they doing in this forum? One of 'em disparaged going to church and the other made a crude joke regarding the size of his manhood. I must be missing something.
    They will not be happy until any mention of religion is completely removed. Yet they want to be free to speak out about absolutely anything else. In my view if your aloud to discuss global warming, beavers attacking boats, post videos that have absolutely nothing to do about firearms, or gay marriage rights then religion should remain an acceptable topic.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    So tell me again what the purpose of the "religion & guns" forum is? I thought certain people didn't want discussion of religion. In fact, they seemed to hate it. So, what the hell are they doing in this forum? One of 'em disparaged going to church and the other made a crude joke regarding the size of his manhood. I must be missing something.

I am pretty sure if the size of someones manhood is all he has to talk about then there is little manhood to him. Remember These guys are trolls and they are here only to cause trouble. Consider the source and chalk it up to ignorance.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I am pretty sure if the size of someones manhood is all he has to talk about then there is little manhood to him. Remember These guys are trolls and they are here only to cause trouble. Consider the source and chalk it up to ignorance.
    I beg to differ,ignorance can be overcome with education. Arrogance is an attitude that is derived from a lack of compassion and openness in understanding. An attitude of superiority due to a lack of ones ability to adequately communicate with others. Just my humble opinion.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I beg to differ,ignorance can be overcome with education. Arrogance is an attitude that is derived from a lack of compassion and openness in understanding. An attitude of superiority due to a lack of ones ability to adequately communicate with others. Just my humble opinion.
    I agree ignorance can be overcome. As a matter of fact Will Rogers once made the staement, "Everyone is ignorant only on differant subjects". However to overcome ignorance one must first admit he or she is ignorant and then be willing to take steps to correct it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    The safest thing in this respect would be to just not go to church.
    please explain.

I carry in church all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by toenail View Post
    please explain.
    Please don't get him started.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast