Carry in church vs. church culture - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry in church vs. church culture

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. If the gun is concealed and one does not go around telling eveyone in the church that he or she has a gun then no one would know and there will be no way that it could or would disrupt others worship. My firearm is a non issue in regard with others ability to worship. It may however mean that they stay alive to worship next week.
    Right - this needs to be my approach. Also, I want folks to know think through whether a Christian has the right (absolutely) to bear arms and what our responsibility is to protect ourselves and those we care for.

Thanks!

Just as an aside - I am a new forum member and this is my first posting - I greatly appreciate the candid thoughts and wisdom. I am looking forward to learning much here!

I think a couple of posters need to remember the rules here as follows:

Keep all religion discussions in this forum. Due to the many different views, please refrain from ALL FIGHTING, BICKERING, and INSTIGATING. Anyone breaking these rules will be banned.

There are two instigators here. If you don't want to add to the discussion then please stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I think a couple of posters need to remember the rules here as follows:

Keep all religion discussions in this forum. Due to the many different views, please refrain from ALL FIGHTING, BICKERING, and INSTIGATING. Anyone breaking these rules will be banned.

There are two instigators here. If you don't want to add to the discussion then please stay away.
    +1.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I beg to differ,ignorance can be overcome with education. Arrogance is an attitude that is derived from a lack of compassion and openness in understanding. An attitude of superiority due to a lack of ones ability to adequately communicate with others. Just my humble opinion.
    Its a nice sentiment... in reality once you are past a certain age, you can't change who you are...

No matter how much feel good kumbaya education/training somebody tries to inundate them with...

May be where the saying you can't trust anybody under 30 came from...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    May be where the saying you can't trust anybody under 30 came from...
    I don't see a smiley, so I have to assume you are serious.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I agree ignorance can be overcome. As a matter of fact Will Rogers once made the statement, "Everyone is ignorant only on different subjects". However to overcome ignorance one must first admit he or she is ignorant and then be willing to take steps to correct it.
    Will Rogers also said he never met a man he didn't like...

Will Rogers never met HARRY REID...

Sign The Petition! | Fire Harry Reid!

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I'm starting to kinda like Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Will Rogers also said he never met a man he didn't like...

Will Rogers never met HARRY REID...

Sign The Petition! | Fire Harry Reid!

Or the Obamanation.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

A good friend (Christian) and I (Christian) were having this same basic discussion a few weeks back after I had been reading about the shockingly rapid growth in church shooting in the U.S.

Know the even the disciples themselves, the very ones that were traveling along with Christ, were armed. Don't believe it? Read Luke 22:49 NIV. I don't like pulling bit from scripture but this is the heart of this particular topic.

Personally, I ALWAYS carry in and out of the church. Concealed means CONCEALED! No need to advertise the fact or scare the Sheeple among the sheep. *LOL*

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast