Carry in church vs. church culture - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry in church vs. church culture

1. Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Going with your 1st thought ..
    Sheep..
    All Sheep need a shepherds because they are defenseless animals. Just consider me, and others like me, as Shepherds. We are their to protect our selves and in turn, under some circumstances, to protect others in the process...
    Where I live, even if it were legal, I would NOT open carry in Church, as it might cause people to be distracted from the purpose of being their (the worship of God), and I do my best to never distract others in church... However. I have NO issue with Carrying concealed in a church.. Nobody knows, (IF nobody knows but me, my wife and God, then I do not believe it is disrespectful) and I'm much more protected, and others might benefit one day from me being their.. Just consider me a Fire Extinguisher.. Just waiting in the wings, for an opportunity that I hope NEVER comes..
    I coul not have put it better brother ! I love the way you think ! God Bless !

I guess I'm blessed. When I first started teaching CCDW, my Pastor was the first to sign up and complete the training. ;-) I carry both concealed and open there. Praise God for that freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeping the Piece View Post
    I guess I'm blessed. When I first started teaching CCDW, my Pastor was the first to sign up and complete the training. ;-) I carry both concealed and open there. Praise God for that freedom.
    That is actually the approach that I am taking. We have a lot of hunters, military and law enforcement, but folks are confused about the law, believe the gun myths they have heard, and are asking questions. I am approaching my church with the offer to do some NRA First Steps, Basic Pistol and CCW classes. Education is always a good beginning!

Think I may have posted it here before but the Southern Baptist Convention just passed a resolution officially allowing CCP holders to carry in church concealed. At a Deacon's mtg. recently the delegate told us about the ruling. I chuckled and told them I had been carrying for ten years concealed and no one knew it. "Guns are for "go", not show".

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Think I may have posted it here before but the Southern Baptist Convention just passed a resolution officially allowing CCP holders to carry in church concealed. At a Deacon's mtg. recently the delegate told us about the ruling. I chuckled and told them I had been carrying for ten years concealed and no one knew it. "Guns are for "go", not show".
    Hope it's true, but don't believe it. Reference?

Think I may have posted it here before but the Southern Baptist Convention just passed a resolution officially allowing CCP holders to carry in church concealed...
    It would be helpful to find that citation - where is it published?

Is it binding to all Southern Baptist churches or does the church itself have the final say?

My "source" is in Florida on vacation. They will be back Sunday. Remind me and will get the publication for us to read. Sorry not to be able to find it using the search engines.

10. I thought the idea of CCW is that it is concealed. I have carried in church and as I intended ..no one knew it. I have been pulled over and told the officier I had a weapon and a CCW permit. One officier was frazzled that I did not have the permit in my hand..I keep my movement limited and my hands on the steering wheel to allow the officier a sense of control..it seems more important than the paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsurveyor View Post
    I thought the idea of CCW is that it is concealed. I have carried in church and as I intended ..no one knew it.
    That is true from an individual perspective, but what if your church was happy supporting Hunter Safety but seemed threatened if you suggested CCW classes? The issue is that the culture of a church - could be any organization - appears to have an instinctively negative reaction concerning the need to arm yourself for self defense. You are right that when legal you can and should carry wherever you worship/learn, but I'd like to influence our church's culture.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast