Carry in church vs. church culture - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry in church vs. church culture

Quote Originally Posted by CCW Instructor View Post
    There are two approaches to consider:

1. State Law. Some states specifically address the issue while others are silent. If your state's law regarding firearms at church is specific, you have no choice but to follow the law. In many states however, firearms in church is a topic on which state law is silent -- essentially leaving it up to the property owner. If your state's law is silent, then you can typically carry UNLESS the church has put out the word in its church bulletins, newsletter, has a sign on the front door and/or has made an announcement from the pulpit.

2. Discretion. Although I practice both open and concealed carry, I believe that discretion and common sense dictates concealed carry at church. Use common sense. If and when the time ever comes that you need to display your firearm because some nut job has arrived and is ready to conduct a mass killing, then you'll need to render your firearm out in the open as a life-saving tool. But until then I believe discretion requires concealment.
    If your state's law regarding firearms at church is specific, you have no choice but to follow the law.

If you feel that it is better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 you have a choice. You just have to remember that all choices can have consequences. Fail to follow the law and you could go to jail. Fail to carry your gun and you and or a loved one could be dead. There is a risk either way. Life is full of choices and only "you" can decide which ones "you" are willing to take.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by CCW Instructor View Post
    There are two approaches to consider:

1. State Law. Some states specifically address the issue while others are silent. If your state's law regarding firearms at church is specific, you have no choice but to follow the law. In many states however, firearms in church is a topic on which state law is silent -- essentially leaving it up to the property owner. If your state's law is silent, then you can typically carry UNLESS the church has put out the word in its church bulletins, newsletter, has a sign on the front door and/or has made an announcement from the pulpit.

2. Discretion. Although I practice both open and concealed carry, I believe that discretion and common sense dictates concealed carry at church. Use common sense. If and when the time ever comes that you need to display your firearm because some nut job has arrived and is ready to conduct a mass killing, then you'll need to render your firearm out in the open as a life-saving tool. But until then I believe discretion requires concealment.
    Or you could just not go to church.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Or you could just not go to church.
    For me I will not consider not going to church nor not carrying in church an option so that would leave choice number three. Go to church and keep it concealed. What others don't know can't hurt me. Fortunately here in Texas unless the church posts the 30.06 sign at all doors there is nothing to stop you from carrying. I doubt many if any do that.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I get asked by may pastor..."You ARE armed...right?"

"Yes John, always."

"Good. Can you please sit close to the Sunday School doors?"

"Don't I always?"

"Yes."

"John, we've had this conversation before...now get to preachin' and teachin'!"

One more reason why I like the church we attend.

Really should not be a big deal. I carry mine to church and keep it concealed. No one else needs to know.
    God and I know...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

There's even a church in my area that has built a firing range on their property. (Everyone is encouraged to CC.)

Sounds like the church culture is more oriented to being armed and ready these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Sounds like the church culture is more oriented to being armed and ready these days.

Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a rifle, sell your cloak and buy a Winchester lever action.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post

Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a rifle, sell your cloak and buy a Winchester lever action.
    What a coincidence. Icemnmpls used the exact same picture and quote. What are the odds of that?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    What a coincidence. Icemnmpls used the exact same picture and quote. What are the odds of that?
    DING!!! We have a winner!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing... Could be copy and paste, but... Nahhh...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast