Religion and Self-Defense - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion and Self-Defense

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    +1. Seems to be quite the double standard, here. I honestly don't get it at all. They bitched, screamed, and hollered about religious discussion til Luke set up a specific forum for that. And then they pile into that forum and continue with their badgering. And of course, we're all supposed to smile meekly and accept whatever they choose to throw at us. Not quite my style, which should be readily apparent by now.
    I've often thought the same thing. Why would someone who so adamantly opposes the discussion, or even the mention of religion on this site spend so much time on the religious board? Makes you kind of wonder about a lot of stuff, huh??

Concept of Life as a Gift

If you practice a religion that teaches that your own life is a gift from god or the gods, then logically individual self defense would become a moral imperative. To do otherwise, to forsake this moral imperative, would be to deny god or the gods the benefit of having given you that sacred gift.

This belief is taught in all forms of modern western monotheistic theology, Zoroastrianism, Judahism, Islam, Christianity (including Mormonism, Catholocism, and Protestantism) and Sikhism, since all of these religious paths spring from comman roots.

Sometimes common sense must come before a religious belief. Never will I find myself "turning the other cheek" if my life, or my family's lives are in danger. I'd rather send two hot ones the BG's way and find out if his god will protect him from led poisoning...

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    I've often thought the same thing. Why would someone who so adamantly opposes the discussion, or even the mention of religion on this site spend so much time on the religious board?
    Easy, just look up the word MORON.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Easy, just look up the word MORON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    I've often thought the same thing. Why would someone who so adamantly opposes the discussion, or even the mention of religion on this site spend so much time on the religious board? Makes you kind of wonder about a lot of stuff, huh??
    or it could be that as christians you should always be ready to be tested. And as christians you should always be setting the example, since you are acting as dignitaries of "god". So far from what I have seen you are failing at both of these tests. By calling those who would question your beliefs morons or other uncouth names does not seem to live up to your high moral standards that you should be following and teaching.

(cough, cough) Thread topic: Religion and Guns.

The way see it, there's a fundamental tendency to orient evey aspect consciousness, regardless of what it is, to the religion.

How about:

Little league and guns
    Motocross and guns
    Cooking and guns
    NASCAR and guns
    NFL and guns
    Birdwatching and guns

If you don't get my point, I'll just decline to continue participating in this thread.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    . By calling those who would question your beliefs morons or other uncouth names does not seem to live up to your high moral standards that you should be following and teaching.
    The question had nothing to do with anyone questioning my beliefs. I didn't present any belief. The question was,"Why would someone who so adamantly opposes the discussion , or even the mention of religion on this site spend so much time on the religious board"? And there is nothing uncouth about the truth.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

when i see this topic i think of the two pastors that were walking one day when a man stopped one of them and said, hey do you believe in turning the other cheek, and the pastor said yes, so the man hit him on the right cheek and knocked him down, he got up and turned to the left, the man hit him in the left cheek knocking him down, the pastor got up and beat the stuffing out of the man, the other pastor said brother why did you do that? he said the Lord left me no further instuctions.

Quote Originally Posted by vanguard View Post
    when i see this topic i think of the two pastors that were walking one day when a man stopped one of them and said, hey do you believe in turning the other cheek, and the pastor said yes, so the man hit him on the right cheek and knocked him down, he got up and turned to the left, the man hit him in the left cheek knocking him down, the pastor got up and beat the stuffing out of the man, the other pastor said brother why did you do that? he said the Lord left me no further instructions.
    The problem with most Christians and all of secular society is ignorance of Biblical scripture. To "turn the other cheek" has absolutely nothing to do with physically defending ones person. The true understanding and interpretation of "to turn the other cheek" simply means that one is not to do a dirty deed back unto someone who has done a dirty deed unto them. If someone cheats you or lies about you, you are not to retaliate with lies about them or cheat them in return. This ignorance is pathetic and childish when presented by those who are secular, and irresponsible by those proclaiming to be Christian when lacking knowledge. Christians don't need further instruction, they need a deep study of Scripture to further their knowledge. With knowledge comes responsibly, with more knowledge, more responsibility. Scripture interprets scripture, seek and you will find.
    Americas Epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by ringo View Post
    the problem with most christians and all of secular society is ignorance of biblical scripture. To "turn the other cheek" has absolutely nothing to do with physically defending ones person. The true understanding and interpretation of "to turn the other cheek" simply means that one is not to do a dirty deed back unto someone who has done a dirty deed unto them. If someone cheats you or lies about you, you are not to retaliate with lies about them or cheat them in return. This ignorance is pathetic and childish when presented by those who are secular, and irresponsible by those proclaiming to be christian when lacking knowledge. Christians don't need further instruction, they need a deep study of scripture to further their knowledge. with knowledge comes responsibly, with more knowledge, more responsibility. Scripture interprets scripture, seek and you will find.
    it was a joke!!!!! Gee.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast