Religion of peace NOT!! - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 131

Thread: Religion of peace NOT!!

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Convenient argument to support your bigotry, but that would be like asking why the catholics don\'t denounce the mormons.
    They do, with whispers.

  2.   
  3. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,901
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet View Post
    They do, with whispers.
    Both the Catholics & the Mormons have failed to read Galatians 1:8-9.."But even if we or an angel from Heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed".

    And Rev 22: 18-19..."For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall ADD unto these things, God shall ADD unto him the plagues that are written in this book. And if any man shall TAKE AWAY from the words of the book of this prophesy, God shall TAKE AWAY his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book."
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  4. #93

    For what its worth...

    The Catholic Church On Mormonism...
    Distinctive Beliefs of the Mormon Church

    Why The Mormon Church Hates The Catholic Church...
    Mormon: Why the Mormon Church hates the Catholic Church

    A Cult of Christianity
    The Mormon Church - officially, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - considers itself not just a Christian denomination, but rather the only true expression of Christianity.

    However, the history, theology and practices of Mormonism show this religious movement to be outside of orthodox Christianity.

    Mormon Church : Apologetics research resources

    Mountain Meadows Massacre
    Mountain Meadows massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    YouTube - A High Ranking Catholic on Mormonism

    Neither the Catholic's nor the Mormons or the combination thereof can compare to the 1000's of years of Islamofascism by Muslims claiming to following the tenets of Islam...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  5. #94
    I don't believe that any formalized religion has it completely right. If so there wouldn't be so many off shoots and even divisions among faiths. I believe you're going to be judged on how you live your life and obey the teachings of the Bible. I mean the ENTIRE Bible and not by taking a single verse and building an entire faith around it. Remember that Jesus said "Many will seek to enter Heaven but few will enter". I don't believe this "few" will all come from a single faith but from many because they obeyed the teachings of the Bible not because they were Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, or any other organized church.

  6. #95
    Religion convinced the world that there\\\'s an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there\\\'s 10 things he doesn\\\'t want you to do or else you\\\'ll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He\\\'s all powerful, but he can\\\'t handle money!

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I don't believe that any formalized religion has it completely right. If so there wouldn't be so many off shoots and even divisions among faiths. I believe you're going to be judged on how you live your life and obey the teachings of the Bible. I mean the ENTIRE Bible and not by taking a single verse and building an entire faith around it. Remember that Jesus said "Many will seek to enter Heaven but few will enter". I don't believe this "few" will all come from a single faith but from many because they obeyed the teachings of the Bible not because they were Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, or any other organized church.
    Ron I do not believe that if someone has truly been born again they will be judged at all.
    Romans 8
    1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    Scripture does say our works will be judged however. Bottom line, Know Jesus Know peace. No Jesus no peace.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  8. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Ron I do not believe that if someone has truly been born again they will be judged at all.
    Romans 8
    1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    Scripture does say our works will be judged however. Bottom line, Know Jesus Know peace. No Jesus no peace.
    HK that's one I have to disagree with. I believe that all will be judged according to their life and be rewarded accordingly. Take a look at Romans chapter 14 verse 10-12 and 2 Corinthians chapter 5 verse 9 & 10 and let me know what you think. There are many more that say basically the same thing but those were the first to pop into mind.

  9. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    HK that's one I have to disagree with. I believe that all will be judged according to their life and be rewarded accordingly. Take a look at Romans chapter 14 verse 10-12 and 2 Corinthians chapter 5 verse 9 & 10 and let me know what you think. There are many more that say basically the same thing but those were the first to pop into mind.
    What is your take on this then?

    “And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, … Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man (aka, Jesus) will be forgiven.” (Matthew 12:31-32)

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  10. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    What is your take on this then?

    “And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, … Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man (aka, Jesus) will be forgiven.” (Matthew 12:31-32)
    Let's look at the whole writing:

    31: Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

    32: Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

    What do I think this means? I think that all sins, except those against the Holy Spirit, will be forgiven those who sincerely ask for it. This doesn't mean that we won't set before God and be judged for both the good and bad we do. Those who commit sins against the Holy Spirit on the other hand will never be forgiven and never see heaven.

  11. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Let's look at the whole writing:

    31: Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

    32: Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

    What do I think this means? I think that all sins, except those against the Holy Spirit, will be forgiven those who sincerely ask for it. This doesn't mean that we won't set before God and be judged for both the good and bad we do. Those who commit sins against the Holy Spirit on the other hand will never be forgiven and never see heaven.
    All sins is pretty inclusive, with the only qualifying exclusion; being a sin against the holy spirit being don't you think?

    I don't read any additional criteria into judgment therein...

    Do you have any passages you recommend regarding that for further pontification?

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Praises Islam as 'Great Religion'
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 03:46 AM
  2. The undermining of our Christian heritage.....
    By mojo in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 04:11 PM
  3. Residents call for peace after more gun violence
    By HK4U in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 11:32 PM
  4. Snopes ain't always right!!!
    By festus in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 08:12 PM
  5. Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize For Promising to Disarm America
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 11:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast