Religion of peace NOT!! - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 131

Thread: Religion of peace NOT!!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,596
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Ron I do not believe that if someone has truly been born again they will be judged at all.
    Romans 8
    1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    Scripture does say our works will be judged however. Bottom line, Know Jesus Know peace. No Jesus no peace.
    You're correct HK, no condemnation for those who are truly born again. You're also correct when you say that our works will be judged, however this judgment will be at the Bema Seat of Christ, for those who are truly born again, to receive REWARDS for those works, not condemnation.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

  2.   
  3. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    HK that's one I have to disagree with. I believe that all will be judged according to their life and be rewarded accordingly. Take a look at Romans chapter 14 verse 10-12 and 2 Corinthians chapter 5 verse 9 & 10 and let me know what you think. There are many more that say basically the same thing but those were the first to pop into mind.
    If that be the case then how much sin is enough to keep us out of heaven and how many good works is enough to get us in. Scripture tells us "He that has the Son has life and he that has not the Son of God has not life" I will however check out the scripture you quoted and get back with you later. By the way I agree rewarded yes but that means the rewards we have in heaven i.e. crowns but not eternal judgement.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #103
    Bohemian, Ringo, Hk this is something we will never know until we're there before God. Jesus said he was the way, the only way, to the rewards of heaven. We may believe slightly different things but in the end those who sincerely seek forgiveness will be rewarded. Be you meek, honest, or a believer there's a reward for all who follow the word. But then only a few will enter Heaven.

  5. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    All sins is pretty inclusive, with the only qualifying exclusion; being a sin against the holy spirit being don't you think?

    I don't read any additional criteria into judgment therein...

    Do you have any passages you recommend regarding that for further pontification?
    The Holy Spirit leads all to believe and worship Christ. To reject Christ as Lord and Savior is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. If one rejects Christ as Lord and savior, sin will not be forgiven.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

  6. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,596
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Bohemian, Ringo, Hk this is something we will never know until we're there before God. Jesus said he was the way, the only way, to the rewards of heaven. We may believe slightly different things but in the end those who sincerely seek forgiveness will be rewarded. Be you meek, honest, or a believer there's a reward for all who follow the word. But then only a few will enter Heaven.
    Only a "born again believer" will enter Heaven. Being meek or honest by itself will get you nowhere.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

  7. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    You might consider mentioning the fact that the extremist radical MINORITY you seem to be referring to is a very SMALL minority within the overall population of the Muslim religion. And don't forget that all religions have extremist radical fundamentalist minorities, sects, cults, what-have-you.
    And that figure would be 10% which equals in rough numbers 100,000,000 people.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  8. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,596
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    If that be the case then how much sin is enough to keep us out of heaven and how many good works is enough to get us in.
    One sin will keep you out of Heaven. No works will get you into Heaven, not one. There is nothing that we can do to get us into Heaven, Jesus did it all on the cross. Nothing but the blood of Jesus will save us or get us into Heaven.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

  9. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Only a "born again believer" will enter Heaven. Being meek or honest by itself will get you nowhere.
    No argument there. In fact I'm in total agreement with what you said. Jesus is the only way and he must be accepted. This doesn't mean there won't be some sort of judgment. My reference to meek, etc. was maybe a too veiled reference to "the meek will inherit the Earth". Each individual will be rewarded for accepting Christ and following the teachings of the Bible. I think our only difference is in how the reward is going to be given. This gets us back to the OP and how people, believing different things, can go a separate way and their faith changes because of that. It's happened in Christianity and it's happened with Muslims. There are many different Christian faiths and two major Muslim faiths (many more minor ones). It is not the faith but people who change.

  10. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,596
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill;154854[B
    There are many different Christian faiths and two major Muslim faiths (many more minor ones). It is not the faith but people who change[/B].
    When people change, their faith also changes, and vise versa. Jesus said that the greatest sign in the End Times pointing to His return would be the sign of APOSTASY, (a falling away from the faith) and nothing is more evident today. There are people who call themselves Christian's and vote for a political party, and of course candidate, that are responsible for (abortions) the murder of babies in the mothers womb. There are churches that call themselves Christian and tolerate and accept every kind of sin within their congregation, "having the form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof". I'm not going any further with it here except to say this; after the Rapture the majority of churches will still be full. God say's, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked. God knows the secrets of our heart and therefor no one can deceive Him. Jesus predicted that some would claim His name, but deny Him in their actions. Jesus condemned the replacing of God's commandments with tradition and human reason. Matthew 19:17 Jesus warned: "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not preached in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you, depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness"! There are many Christian denominations ronwill, but only ONE Christian Faith. Don't be deceived.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

  11. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I'm not going any further with it here except to say this; after the Rapture the majority of churches will still be full.
    Here's what I said in an earlier post: "I don't believe this "few" will all come from a single faith but from many because they obeyed the teachings of the Bible not because they were Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, or any other organized church."

    We agree on everything except "all being judged". Jesus will forgive every sin, except one, if asked with a sincere heart. Many will be left behind and only a few will enter heaven. I think it's only the judgment part we differ on.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Praises Islam as 'Great Religion'
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 02:46 AM
  2. The undermining of our Christian heritage.....
    By mojo in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
  3. Residents call for peace after more gun violence
    By HK4U in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 10:32 PM
  4. Snopes ain't always right!!!
    By festus in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 07:12 PM
  5. Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize For Promising to Disarm America
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 10:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast