Religion of peace NOT!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion of peace NOT!!

People need to learn the difference between the Muslim religion and the concept of Islam, which is complete set of laws
    and political beliefs which happen to encompass the Muslim religion. If you care to take 5 minutes to educate yourself about
    Islam, take a look at this:
    YouTube - Three Things About Islam

Americans are naturally predisposed to be very tolerant of any religion, but we had better be aware of what all we are up
    against and in this case it's not just religion. Europe is falling prey to Sharia Law, even letting it usurp their own laws of the land, no matter if it's England, France, Spain --- take your pick. No country can survive trying to work under two sets of
    laws; multiple religions yes, but not two sets of laws.
    Kill them all and let God sort them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    What Icy N SFE are missing is the Bible is a collection of stories, and thoughts of many individuals, kind of a historical text were what they did then in that situation... Times change we grew, and then came the New Testiment.... With a whole new thought process again written by multiple individuals relating their story's, as a guide to the people.

If you want to read the actual Bible verse in the original context in it's entirety and not just the partial quotes Icy N SFE are supplying go here Bible Search and put their quotes in their proper perspective.

The Qua ran on the other hand is a single text written (transcribed as Mohamed was illiterate) by a single individual commands about hate, laws, and how you must act, and is taken very seriously by over 100,000,000 people who wish anyone not a Muslim dead... If you want the actual verse there then click the link I provided in my first post......
    You and I agree on that one. I've said several times the Bible is written using many parables to make things easier to understand back then. You can't take a single verse and make it law, instead you must use the entire scripture to live by. Unfortunately many religions came about because of the former. It's finally going to come down to the individual and the Almighty on who's right and wrong.
    Last edited by ronwill; 08-13-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Grammer

In both cases you cannot just pull one verse and make any inferences on it. Any biblical scholar will tell you that. You have to look at the context.

As far as Waco and Ruby Ridge, both were products of the absolute ineptitude of the Federal Government. Koresh was a nut, and was probably breaking several laws but they could have easily arrested him on his Saturday trips to Wal-Mart. Complete tactical ineptituted and failure to understand the whole situation. Everyone involved should have been fired and prosecuted for that foul up. I did not know Holder was involved in that.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    In both cases you cannot just pull one verse and make any inferences on it. Any biblical scholar will tell you that. You have to look at the context.

As far as Waco and Ruby Ridge, both were products of the absolute ineptitude of the Federal Government. Koresh was a nut, and was probably breaking several laws but they could have easily arrested him on his Saturday trips to Wal-Mart. Complete tactical ineptituted and failure to understand the whole situation. Everyone involved should have been fired and prosecuted for that foul up. I did not know Holder was involved in that.
    That was the point I was trying to make. Nuts, fanatics, extremists will take the Bible or Koran and use verses to convince themselves they are doing right. You have to take the entire book, be it the Bible or Koran, into consideration not just a verse or two. There's no argument that the feds messed up big time in Waco. It wasn't just Koresh they were after though. He had several who were just as twisted as he was. The feds could have done things much differently and, with better planning, gotten better results. The feds messed up but that doesn't eliminate the fact that Koresh and his band were sickos that needed to be taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    People need to learn the difference between the Muslim religion and the concept of Islam, which is complete set of laws
    and political beliefs which happen to encompass the Muslim religion. If you care to take 5 minutes to educate yourself about
    Islam, take a look at this:
    YouTube - Three Things About Islam

Americans are naturally predisposed to be very tolerant of any religion, but we had better be aware of what all we are up
    against and in this case it's not just religion. Europe is falling prey to Sharia Law, even letting it usurp their own laws of the land, no matter if it's England, France, Spain --- take your pick. No country can survive trying to work under two sets of
    laws; multiple religions yes, but not two sets of laws.
    The Religion of Islam

Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Islam's fundamental theological concept is tawhīd—the belief that there is only one god. The Arabic term for God is Allāh; most scholars believe it was derived from a contraction of the words al- (the) and ʾilāh (deity, masculine form), meaning "the god" (al-ilāh), but others trace its origin to the Aramaic Alāhā.[21] Other non-Arabic nations might use different names, for instance in Turkey the Turkish word for God, "Tanrı" is used as much as Allah. The first of the Five Pillars of Islam, tawhīd is expressed in the shahadah (testification), which declares that there is no god but God, and that Muhammad is God's messenger. In traditional Islamic theology, God is beyond all comprehension; Muslims are not expected to visualize God but to worship and adore Him as the Protector. The Qur'an has described God by certain attributes or names, the most common being al-rahman, meaning "the compassionate" and al-rahim, meaning "the merciful" (See Names of God in Islam).[22] Muslims believe the purpose of life is to worship God.[4] Although Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet, they reject the Christian doctrine of the Trinity and divinity of Jesus, comparing it to polytheism. In Islamic theology, Jesus was just a man and not the son of God;[23] God is described in Surah al ikhlaas ch.112 of the Qur'an as "...God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him."[24]

Five Pillars
    The Five Pillars of Islam (Arabic: أركان الإسلام) are five practices essential to Sunni Islam. Shi'a Muslims subscribe to different sets of pillars which substantially overlap with the Five Pillars.[45]

The Five Pillars of Islam are:
    The shahadah,[46] which is the basic creed of Islam that must be recited under oath with the specific statement: "'ašhadu 'al-lā ilāha illā-llāhu wa 'ašhadu 'anna muħammadan rasūlu-llāh", or "I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God." This testament is a foundation for all other beliefs and practices in Islam. Muslims must repeat the shahadah in prayer, and non-Muslims wishing to convert to Islam are required to recite the creed.[47]
    1. Salah, or ritual prayer, which must be performed five times a day. Salah is intended to focus the mind on God, and is seen as a personal communication with him that expresses gratitude and worship. Salah is compulsory but flexibility in the specifics is allowed depending on circumstances. The prayers are recited in the Arabic language, and consist of verses from the Qur'an.[48]
    2. Sawm, or fasting during the month of Ramadan. Muslims must not eat or drink (among other things) from dawn to dusk during this month, and must be mindful of other sins. The fast is to encourage a feeling of nearness to God, and during it Muslims should express their gratitude for and dependence on him, atone for their past sins, and think of the needy. Sawm is not obligatory for several groups for whom it would constitute an undue burden. For others, flexibility is allowed depending on circumstances, but missed fasts usually must be made up quickly.[49]
    3. Zakat, or alms-giving, which is giving a fixed portion of accumulated wealth by those who can afford it to help the poor or needy, and also to assist the spread of Islam. It is considered a religious obligation (as opposed to voluntary charity) that the well-off owe to the needy because their wealth is seen as a "trust from God's bounty". The Qur'an and the hadith also suggest a Muslim give even more as an act of voluntary alms-giving (sadaqah).[50]
    4. The Hajj, which is the pilgrimage during the Islamic month of Dhu al-Hijjah in the city of Mecca. Every able-bodied Muslim who can afford it must make the pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in his or her lifetime. Rituals of the Hajj include walking seven times around the Kaaba, touching the black stone if possible, walking or running seven times between Mount Safa and Mount Marwah, and symbolically stoning the Devil in Mina.[51]

LawThe Sharia (literally "the path leading to the watering place") is Islamic law formed by traditional Islamic scholarship, which most Muslim groups adhere to. In Islam, Sharia is the expression of the divine will, and "constitutes a system of duties that are incumbent upon a Muslim by virtue of his religious belief".[52]
    Over the years there have been changing views on Islamic law but many such as Zahiri and Jariri have since died out.[53][54] Islamic law covers all aspects of life, from matters of state, like governance and foreign relations, to issues of daily living. The Qur'an defines hudud as the punishments for five specific crimes: unlawful intercourse, false accusation of unlawful intercourse, consumption of alcohol, theft, and highway robbery. The Qur'an and Sunnah also contain laws of inheritance, marriage, and restitution for injuries and murder, as well as rules for fasting, charity, and prayer. However, these prescriptions and prohibitions may be broad, so their application in practice varies. Islamic scholars (known as ulema) have elaborated systems of law on the basis of these rules and their interpretations.[55]
    Fiqh, or "jurisprudence", is defined as the knowledge of the practical rules of the religion. The method Islamic jurists use to derive rulings is known as usul al-fiqh ("legal theory", or "principles of jurisprudence"). According to Islamic legal theory, law has four fundamental roots, which are given precedence in this order: the Qur'an, the Sunnah (actions and sayings of Muhammad), the consensus of the Muslim jurists (ijma), and analogical reasoning (qiyas). For early Islamic jurists, theory was less important than pragmatic application of the law. In the 9th century, the jurist ash-Shafi'i provided a theoretical basis for Islamic law by codifying the principles of jurisprudence (including the four fundamental roots) in his book ar-Risālah.[56]

Religion and state
    Mainstream Islamic law does not distinguish between "matters of church" and "matters of state"; the ulema function as both jurists and theologians. In practice, Islamic rulers frequently bypassed the Sharia courts with a parallel system of so-called "Grievance courts" over which they had sole control. As the Muslim world came into contact with Western secular ideals, Muslim societies responded in different ways. Turkey has been governed as a secular state ever since the reforms of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. In contrast, the 1979 Iranian Revolution replaced a mostly secular regime with an Islamic republic led by the Ayatollah Khomeini.[57]

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post

As far as Waco and Ruby Ridge, both were products of the absolute ineptitude of the Federal Government. Koresh was a nut, and was probably breaking several laws but they could have easily arrested him on his Saturday trips to Wal-Mart. Complete tactical ineptitude and failure to understand the whole situation. Everyone involved should have been fired and prosecuted for that foul up. I did not know Holder was involved in that.
    "Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to (first) destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." - Elbridge Gerry

Personally, I don't give a rat's arse what the Branch Davidians were doing as long as everybody was doing it of their own free will...

I will agree that Koresh & the The Branch Davidians were portrayed as nuts by the Clinton News Network and the liberal biased main stream media...
    Branch Davidian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do not feel it is up to me or the federal or state governments to pass judgment on them for their religious views; when nobody was being hurt; and nobody was being forced to do anything that was not of their own free will...

We simply cannot, must not demonize and persecute anybody for what they might be doing or might do at some point in the future...
    Key Tenets of a Constitutional Republic...

Some Key points being missed with WACO & Ruby Ridge and more recently the Hutaree Michigan based Militia and others; by many is the federal government's intent was/is to unconstitutionally disarm a group of individuals whom had some level of means to resist a tyrannical government...

They keep wanting to shove that valid sporting purpose b.s. down our throats...
    As the saying goes... "The Second Amendment Ain't About Duck Hunting"

Regardless of what cult-type or other activities that some may find questionable; that may or may not have been going on, there were several highly educated women whom were doctors and lawyers that were members whom to this day claim no wrong doings by David Koresh; and that the Federal Government clearly violated fundamental rights of all residents therein...

Further, the FOIA documents on the warrants CLEARLY DEMONSTRATE THE FED WAS THERE FOR THE GUNS...
    AND as I see it ... to send a message to the general public - "Resistance To The Federal Government IS Futile"

Note:
    Current Obama Appointed Attorney General Eric Holder was Deputy Attorney General under Janet Reno (Appointed By Slick-Willie Clinton)...

"Dissension is the greatest form of patriotism" Thomas Jefferson

"The several States composing the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their General Government" - Thomas Jefferson

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

Without our liberties, we have NOTHING...

Vote Freedom First...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Those that bombed the clinics claimed abortion to be a sin and against the teachings of the Bible. Granted not all did but most used the Bible as giving them the authority. As for Waco folks being within their Constitutional rights I would have to disagree. This is mainly because of the leader forcing underage girls to be "wives". Yes the feds messed up badly on their actions. This doesn't diminish the fact that the leader used his version of Christianity to imprison most of his followers and force them into "marriages" that most did not want. As for Christian suicide bombers, there may not be many modern ones but take a look at the following:

Suicide Bombing: The First Was A Christian | Home | Sky News

Please understand, I am a Christian and am not trying to belittle it in any way. It is people that twist faith.
    Thanks for the link, I was not aware of that information...
    It should be noted that martyrdom & 72 Virgins was not part of the intent therein; the Muslims OWN THAT ONE...
    Although, it does not change the fact historically more individuals claiming to follow the tenets of Islam have performed or been responsible for suicide bombings or equivalents then all other faiths combined...

I don't condone it regardless of who does it...

Although, I will agree to disagree on your assessment of the goings on at WACO, I have not found it thus-far well grounded in un-biased facts...
    Further, nothing indicating anybody was forced to do anything not of their own free will...

Notwithstanding, quite a few states and other municipalities differ on what a under age person is in regards to marriage; the youngest I have found is 13 and 14 in numerous states...

Be that as it may; THE KEY POINT IS... the Fed was there for the GUNS by their own admission, stories were changed after the fact, the warrants and FOIA requests speak volumes...

Wonder if any other key Constitutional Infringements were shoved down the pants of Sandy Berger as part of his cover Slick-Wille's arse operation at the National Archives...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Thanks for the link, I was not aware of that information...
    It should be noted that martyrdom & 72 Virgins was not part of the intent therein; the Muslims OWN THAT ONE...
    Although, it does not change the fact historically more individuals claiming to follow the tenets of Islam have performed or been responsible for suicide bombings or equivalents then all other faiths combined...

I don't condone it regardless of who does it...

Although, I will agree to disagree on your assessment of the goings on at WACO, I have not found it thus-far well grounded in un-biased facts...
    Further, nothing indicating anybody was forced to do anything not of their own free will...

Notwithstanding, quite a few states and other municipalities differ on what a under age person is in regards to marriage; the youngest I have found is 13 and 14 in numerous states...

Be that as it may; THE KEY POINT IS... the Fed was there for the GUNS by their own admission, stories were changed after the fact, the warrants and FOIA requests speak volumes...

Wonder if any other key Constitutional Infringements were shoved down the pants of Sandy Berger as part of his cover Slick-Wille's arse operation at the National Archives...

You know Bohemian in some minor points we disagree but it's always a good conversation with you. It's true many of the adults were there freely but some were not. Who do you think gave the feds their intel? Kids are far to easily influenced and any 12 year old forced into marriage isn't doing it of her own free will. The group, especially Koresh, were crackpots. What was done by the feds was wrong, what was done by Koresh and his group was also very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    You know Bohemian in some minor points we disagree but it's always a good conversation with you. It's true many of the adults were there freely but some were not. Who do you think gave the feds their intel? Kids are far to easily influenced and any 12 year old forced into marriage isn't doing it of her own free will. The group, especially Koresh, were crackpots. What was done by the feds was wrong, what was done by Koresh and his group was also very wrong.
    As I see it... Since we only got a biased media view of what was occurring within the confines of the Branch Davidians compound; I am keeping an open mind about that until they actually get their day in court...
    The Fed on the other hand... Clearly Infringed Upon Their Second & Fifth Amendment rights at the least...

Fifth Amendment...
    "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Waco the rules of Engagement is a good video if you want to see and understand all the lies the feds told. Many women and children were murdered. IMHO.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast