Religion of peace NOT!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion of peace NOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    no reference necessary, my views on relgion will just stir mud. why bother?
    Well... it doesn't seem like there is any rules being violated. Im really interested. Do you feel that your beliefs are not important enough to be heard?

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Beware of the baiters here. Regrettably, this is not an uncommon occurance here. They are quick to draw you in, agitate you, and then "tell" on you when you break the forum rules.

On a more positive note, welcome to the site!
    Thank you so much! actually my friend steve at bass pro reccomended that I sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by zerouliu View Post
    Jesus advises his followers to mutilate themselves by cutting off their hands and plucking out their eyes. He says it's better to be "maimed" than to suffer "everlasting fire." 18:8-9
    Kind of scary ain't it? Makes one want to follow instruction, and open the pocket book, when another tactic, "guilt" is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I think the Jury is still out on Koresh and the Davidians as well...

Even the few non-biased subject matter experts say that the Koresh and the Davidians were cloaked in such secrecy that they only know what they have found out since the Waco raid(s)...

Which is obviously far from conclusive for anybody to pass judgment on Koresh and the Davidians...
    I've done some extensive reading on Waco and the Branch Davidians with the conclusion that Koresh was a fanatic that changed even farther a cult cut off of the Seventh Day Adventists. He was a bottle short of a six pack and thought himself a prophet of God. The jury may never come back on this but that's just my opinion on him.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I understand ronwill and I agree that probably Koresh was a false prophet and a cult leader. Where I am coming from is that with all that may have been wrong with him I do not think the real reason the BATF went after him was in anyway to protect the kids. In fact BATF had no jurisdiction in that area and that is why they had to come up with trumped up charges of weapons violations. They had an agenda and it had noting to do with the children.

I'm with you on the fact that the feds screwed things up big time. Remember that, sometimes, when LE can't get someone for one thing they'll go after them for another. Think of Al Capone. They couldn't pin murder on him so they went after him for tax evasion. Again Waco was a terrible tragedy that could have been prevented. But we mustn't overlook why they went after Koresh.

Kind of scary ain't it? Makes one want to follow instruction, and open the pocket book, when another tactic, "guilt" is applied.
    Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by zerouliu View Post
    Jesus advises his followers to mutilate themselves by cutting off their hands and plucking out their eyes. He says it's better to be "maimed" than to suffer "everlasting fire." 18:8-9
    You really need to read the entire passage rather than just a partial quote to get the actual meaning of the text......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    You really need to read the entire passage rather than just a partial quote to get the actual meaning of the text......
    Many don't understand that behind the verse is a message. Some of them were never meant to be taken literally but as a learning tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I've done some extensive reading on Waco and the Branch Davidians with the conclusion that Koresh was a fanatic that changed even farther a cult cut off of the Seventh Day Adventists. He was a bottle short of a six pack and thought himself a prophet of God. The jury may never come back on this but that's just my opinion on him.

I'm with you on the fact that the feds screwed things up big time. Remember that, sometimes, when LE can't get someone for one thing they'll go after them for another. Think of Al Capone. They couldn't pin murder on him so they went after him for tax evasion. Again Waco was a terrible tragedy that could have been prevented. But we mustn't overlook why they went after Koresh.
    How do you know Mr Koresh was not a prophet of God? There are several televangelists, and many others who claim to be prophets, and other biblical titles. How does anyone know for sure? The jews don't think much of Jesus.
    Yes, its true about LE getting you for what ever they can. O.J. Simpson comes to mind.

kind of typical of trolls to advocate the banning of something yet still troll the area instead of moving to a more comfortable sub forum for their conversations and siting the rules they think apply.
    oh wait I forgot, trolls only troll they don't add anything but trollery.
    I love the new rating system. So much better than ignore!
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

How do you know Mr Koresh was not a prophet of God? There are several televangelists, and many others who claim to be prophets, and other biblical titles. How does anyone know for sure? The jews don't think much of Jesus.
    Yes, its true about LE getting you for what ever they can. O.J. Simpson comes to mind.
    Come on Icy you already know the answer to this one.... Prophets are bore out with their predictions becoming true, and although I must admit I have absolutely no knowledge of what Koresh wrote, if any of it have been true then there would be an following yet today....

but I bet his last prediction came true.... when he saw the tanks comming..... it went something like this... "OH S*** WE'RE SCREWED NOW!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Many don't understand that behind the verse is a message. Some of them were never meant to be taken literally but as a learning tool.
    +1 the Bible is a huge collection of Parables, just a a few short versions, the mustard seed, house on sand, log in own eye, many of the stores are meant to be lessons. But the Qua ran on the other hand is meant to be rule of law.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast