Religion of peace NOT!! - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 131

Thread: Religion of peace NOT!!

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Uh yeah, think so. You have unwittingly (or maybe "witlessly") betrayed your purpose here in less than 20 posts. Nothing but baits, leading questions and borderline taunts.

    Go back to the ranch, troll.
    Im not sure what you mean by that. Im here to enjoy friendly discussion. What is your purpose?

  2.   
  3. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Golly to quote an very old truism "Talk about the Pot calling the kettle black!""
    Golly geewhiz Sheldon, don't think so. Not even.

    You would be referring the old USACarry definition of the troll, used by the lately scarce zealot intolerants who could not stand opposing viewpoints. The ones who befriended me the first month I was here, then threw me under the bus and started the troll chant the moment I disagreed with them.

    Good riddance.

    No, I'm using the generally accepted correct form of the term, thank you very much.

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Golly geewhiz Sheldon, don't think so. Not even.

    You would be referring the old USACarry definition of the troll, used by the lately scarce zealot intolerants who could not stand opposing viewpoints. The ones who befriended me the first month I was here, then threw me under the bus and started the troll chant the moment I disagreed with them.

    Good riddance.

    No, I'm using the generally accepted correct form of the term, thank you very much.
    Very interesting. Why do you suppose people disagree with you?

  5. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleHulka View Post
    Someone who is a site authority posted a notice indicating that "Religion is back".

    So, What is/are your chosen religion and beliefs?
    Religion IS Back FYI...
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/152763-post7.html

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  6. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I've done some extensive reading on Waco and the Branch Davidians with the conclusion that Koresh was a fanatic that changed even farther a cult cut off of the Seventh Day Adventists. He was a bottle short of a six pack and thought himself a prophet of God. The jury may never come back on this but that's just my opinion on him.





    I'm with you on the fact that the feds screwed things up big time. Remember that, sometimes, when LE can't get someone for one thing they'll go after them for another. Think of Al Capone. They couldn't pin murder on him so they went after him for tax evasion. Again Waco was a terrible tragedy that could have been prevented. But we mustn't overlook why they went after Koresh.
    Take notice that over 90% of what has been written about Koresh & the Davidians was written Posthumously...

    History is too often written primary by the victors as justification for atrocities; and or those whom had little if any first hand primary source knowledge...

    Regardless of what Koresh & the Davidians were alleged of doing, the end does not justify the means...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  7. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Take notice that over 90% of what has been written about Koresh & the Davidians was written Posthumously...

    History is too often written primary by the victors as justification for atrocities; and or those whom had little if any first hand primary source knowledge...

    Regardless of what Koresh & the Davidians were alleged of doing, the end does not justify the means...
    Agreed. However, much of the reading was from former Branch Davidian members. Some from before Waco happened. I never said that the feds were in the right. I only used Waco (I should have only used the term Branch Davidians) as an example of how Christianity can be twisted into something it was never meant to be. I could have also mentioned Jonestown and others.

  8. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I only used Waco (I should have only used the term Branch Davidians) as an example of how Christianity can be twisted into something it was never meant to be. I could have also mentioned Jonestown and others.
    Yeah, it's your fault, Ron! It's your fault the Gypsy tried to hijack this thread.

    Funny how the zealots always seem to find a way to steer the discussion towards their pet obsession.

  9. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    42
    [QUOTE=Cocked _and_Locked;154292]Yeah, it's your fault, Ron! It's your fault the Gypsy tried to hijack this thread.

    Funny how the zealots always seem to find a way to steer the discussion towards their pet obsession.[/QUOT

    Why are you so angry all the time?

  10. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Yeah, it's your fault, Ron! It's your fault the Gypsy tried to hijack this thread.

    Funny how the zealots always seem to find a way to steer the discussion towards their pet obsession.
    I saw no hijack and I saw no zealot. I saw only a discussion and clarification.

  11. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I saw no hijack and I saw no zealot. I saw only a discussion and clarification.
    Is beauty not in the eye of the beholder?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Praises Islam as 'Great Religion'
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 03:46 AM
  2. The undermining of our Christian heritage.....
    By mojo in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 04:11 PM
  3. Residents call for peace after more gun violence
    By HK4U in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 11:32 PM
  4. Snopes ain't always right!!!
    By festus in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 08:12 PM
  5. Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize For Promising to Disarm America
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 11:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast