If Your Pastor Asked You Not to Carry In Church ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If Your Pastor Asked You Not to Carry In Church ?

In SC this is simple - if he asks you to not carry in church you cannot carry in church. If he says you can carry in church you can carry in church. By default you cannot carry in a house of worship without permission from a "managing authority" (and you better have it in writing). His reasons do not matter as far as the law is concerned. This assumes the Pastor is the "managing authority" in the church, which would be REALLY hard to argue against.

In a state where carrying into a house of worship is allowed, then I would counter that this is a personal decision and is none of his business.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    How has God told you to Carry?
    Called you on the phone? Email? Text Message? Snail mail? You heard a voice telling you to carry?

I really want to know.
    I thought baiting wasn't allowed?

How would your pastor know you are carrying, if concealed, key word concealed, no way, if state law said you can't carry if posted you would have to comply, would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, not illegal in Texas unless posted.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    In SC this is simple - if he asks you to not carry in church you cannot carry in church.
    This is the one, simlpe correct answer all you gawd-fearnig gun-totin' debaters fail to realize. After you are told not to, you are breaking the law if you do. The Church is private property afer all, IIRC.

Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    How would your pastor know you are carrying, if concealed, key word concealed, no way, if state law said you can't carry if posted you would have to comply, would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, not illegal in Texas unless posted.
    What if you get a life sentence in a supermax for first degree? I bet you would be begging for the gallows then.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    My question is simple, what would you do if your Pastor or (other religious leader)met you at the door next Sunday , pulled you to the side and said “Hey Chuck I really feel like God wants me to ask you not to carry your gun in service.” ? How would you handle it? Would you respect his authority over you?
    Please explain your answer
    Me "Then you had better ask him again because he told me he wanted me too..."

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    In SC this is simple - if he asks you to not carry in church you cannot carry in church. If he says you can carry in church you can carry in church. By default you cannot carry in a house of worship without permission from a "managing authority" (and you better have it in writing). His reasons do not matter as far as the law is concerned. This assumes the Pastor is the "managing authority" in the church, which would be REALLY hard to argue against.

In a state where carrying into a house of worship is allowed, then I would counter that this is a personal decision and is none of his business.
    Here in MI it is the Church board that makes that decision.... N since I am on the board..... that and MI law has a little stipulation.... If you have a CCW you can OC anyplace a police officer can.....

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Liberal View Post
    God and guns do not mix, you all say so yourselves in your daily damnation of the Middle-Eastern conflict.
    re check that line, it's God, Guns, Gut's and Glory and yes they do go togeather..... it's just Muslims guns and explosives that do not go togeather....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

God and guns do not mix, you all say so yourselves in your daily damnation of the Middle-Eastern conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    How would your pastor know you are carrying,
    Don't you think the same God that told him to ask you not to carry can tell him that you are carrying?

I have never discussed carrying in my church W/ my pastor but he knows I do it

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Liberal View Post
    What if you get a life sentence in a supermax for first degree? I bet you would be begging for the gallows then.
    You don't get a life sentence to supermax for first degree mnurder.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You don't get a life sentence to supermax for first degree mnurder.
    O_o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

There you go.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast