Vatican Bank Investigated Over Money Laundering Allegations - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Vatican Bank Investigated Over Money Laundering Allegations

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ought to rename this forum: "Bashing Religion".
    JJ, I'm not "bashing" religion. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a Christian. I believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. What I don't condone is an established, organized religion that has become so powerful many are scared to speak against it. As was stated before, when a powerful religious group, or person, is caught in a scandal it's bad for all religions. There are false prophets in even the most established of religions and this is what must be watched for. No one should be afraid to speak out when a church does wrong any more than they should be afraid to speak out when the government does wrong. Christians should not be afraid to point out the false leaders.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    JJ, I'm not "bashing" religion. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a Christian. I believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. What I don't condone is an established, organized religion that has become so powerful many are scared to speak against it. As was stated before, when a powerful religious group, or person, is caught in a scandal it's bad for all religions. There are false prophets in even the most established of religions and this is what must be watched for. No one should be afraid to speak out when a church does wrong any more than they should be afraid to speak out when the government does wrong. Christians should not be afraid to point out the false leaders.
    I know where you stand, RW. Wasn't you I was thinking of when I posted.

    Just seems like USACarry has done a good job of herding all the Christians into one corral where the anti-Christians could get at 'em more easily. I thought the original intent of this new forum was to allow Christians the peace to discuss issues without having to deal with those who didn't care to "hear" it. Guess I was wrong.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I know where you stand, RW. Wasn't you I was thinking of when I posted.

    Just seems like USACarry has done a good job of herding all the Christians into one corral where the anti-Christians could get at 'em more easily. I thought the original intent of this new forum was to allow Christians the peace to discuss issues without having to deal with those who didn't care to "hear" it. Guess I was wrong.
    Gotcha. I've mentioned something similar to that in a past thread.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I know where you stand, RW. Wasn't you I was thinking of when I posted.

    Just seems like USACarry has done a good job of herding all the Christians into one corral where the anti-Christians could get at 'em more easily. I thought the original intent of this new forum was to allow Christians the peace to discuss issues without having to deal with those who didn't care to "hear" it. Guess I was wrong.
    oh I see, when it says religion it automatically is only for christians. Okay I'm sorry I was under the impression that there where many different religions in the world. And, that this forum was created to have a place to discuss different topics that may have some reference to A religion, but not specifically YOUR religion.

    But then again, I am just someone with a different opinion than your perfect christian opinion, so I must be wrong.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    oh I see, when it says religion it automatically is only for christians. Okay I'm sorry I was under the impression that there where many different religions in the world. And, that this forum was created to have a place to discuss different topics that may have some reference to A religion, but not specifically YOUR religion.

    But then again, I am just someone with a different opinion than your perfect christian opinion, so I must be wrong.
    No need to get snarky. You were around for all of this...on the other forums, the topic of "religion" and in particular, Christianity, was apparently causing open warfare and many wanted the discussions and the Christians removed. So the site admins created this forum, ostensibly (or perhaps I misunderstood) so the Christians could discuss what they wanted in peace and quiet. Instead, what I have seen, is that the atheists, agnostics, and others have trailed the Christians into this forum and continued the bashing.

    Personally, I don't give a rat's ass what y'all discuss. I'm just pointing out what I thought was the obvious.

    Over and out.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    No need to get snarky. You were around for all of this...on the other forums, the topic of "religion" and in particular, Christianity, was apparently causing open warfare and many wanted the discussions and the Christians removed. So the site admins created this forum, ostensibly (or perhaps I misunderstood) so the Christians could discuss what they wanted in peace and quiet. Instead, what I have seen, is that the atheists, agnostics, and others have trailed the Christians into this forum and continued the bashing.

    Personally, I don't give a rat's ass what y'all discuss. I'm just pointing out what I thought was the obvious.

    Over and out.
    JJ I must agree that many of those who wanted religion banned now enter into just about every religious discussion. Some attack or rate a post thumbs down simply because they disagree with the subject. It amazes me that they could simply not read what offends them and not post in an "offensive" thread. Those who wish to discuss a subject should do so with counterpoints not attacks.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ought to rename this forum: "Bashing Religion".
    How about: "Religion and Crime?"

    Thread topic: "Vatican Bank Investigated Over Money Laundering Allegations"

    Who here belives a significant element in modern religion constitutes little more than a self-serving racket, bilking their followers out of their hard-earned money, selling salvation for the almighty dollar?

    Anyone actually not believe that? Don't answer - it was a rhetorical question. I know, I know - there are a few "good" ones out there. Like the one I participate in, or the one we used to be, back in the day...

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    How about: "Religion and Crime?"

    Thread topic: "Vatican Bank Investigated Over Money Laundering Allegations"

    Who here belives a significant element in modern religion constitutes little more than a self-serving racket, bilking their followers out of their hard-earned money, selling salvation for the almighty dollar?

    Anyone actually not believe that? Don't answer - it was a rhetorical question. I know, I know - there are a few "good" ones out there. Like the one I participate in, or the one we used to be, back in the day...
    I rest my case...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  10. #19


    Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    oh I see, when it says religion it automatically is only for christians. Okay I'm sorry I was under the impression that there where many different religions in the world. And, that this forum was created to have a place to discuss different topics that may have some reference to A religion, but not specifically YOUR religion.

    But then again, I am just someone with a different opinion than your perfect christian opinion, so I must be wrong.

    Yeah, I hear you. I get so tired of the growing assumption that seems to crop up that freedom of religion is OK, but only if you are going to practice Christianity. This is not the only forum I've seen it on either, I have seen it on weight-lifting, consumer electronics, and radio communications forums as well.

    This of course is all off-topic. BTW, nowhere in this thread was any religion bashed, not Islam, nor Christianity, nor Sikhism. It is not bashing Christianity to criticize, the Vatican Bank, the terrorist group Opperation Rescue, Bob Jones University or its absurd graduate Fred Phelps, or Muscle Missions (A website that bashes weightlifting as Luciferian).

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in Western Pennsylvania
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ought to rename this forum: "Bashing Religion".
    Mostly IMO it is Bashing the Catholic Church.

    PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Government and bank bailouts
    By bigrebnc1861 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 10:04 PM
  2. How a Loophole Benefits GE in Bank Rescue
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 12:57 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 02:36 AM
  5. Where'd the Bailout Money Go?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 03:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast