Vatican Bank Investigated Over Money Laundering Allegations
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vatican Bank Investigated Over Money Laundering Allegations

Vatican Bank Investigated Over Money Laundering Allegations

Read it here,
    Vatican Bank investigated over money laundering allegations This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

More blantent corruption and lack of morality from the Holy See. I guess more people need to go back and watch the Francis Ford Copella movie "Godfather III".

Not good. The bigger problem is that there are a lot of people who think the Catholic Church speaks for all Christianity. Believe me they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Not good. The bigger problem is that there are a lot of people who think the Catholic Church speaks for all Christianity. Believe me they don't.
    I think that the even bigger problem is that people still buy into the Roman Catholic Church. Vote with your feet and walk away.

Unfortunately, when you become the most powerful at anything corruption is not far behind. The Catholic church has been riddled with it in recent history. It's to bad because, as has already been stated, they are looked upon as the speakers of Christianity. This is not the truth or there wouldn't be so many other religious groups.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    This is not the truth or there wouldn't be so many other religious groups.
    Maybe if any ONE religion was anywhere close to the truth then there wouldn't be so many other religions...

Also, when one of the largests religions in the world gets caught up in yet another scandel then it gives a black eye to all religions. On the other hand I guess I would rather have them adding one more lie of just money laundering, instead of raping little boys...

Ought to rename this forum: "Bashing Religion".
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ought to rename this forum: "Bashing Religion".
    Or how about "reasons to stop believing in archaic mythological boogymen"

Or how about: "For Those Who Think They Have a Lock on All Knowledge and Wisdom in the Universe"?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Here's another link to the story.

Vatican Bank faces money-laundering probe - CNN.com

Note this quote.

The Bank of Italy investigation was prompted by two wire transfers that the Vatican Bank asked Credito Artigiano to carry out, the Bank of Italy said.

The Vatican Bank did not provide enough information about the transfers -- one for 20 million euros (about $26 million) and one for 3 million euros (about $4 million) -- to comply with the law, prompting the Bank of Italy to suspend them automatically, it said.

Italian media reported that prosecutors had seized the $30 million.

Prosecutors did not respond to requests for comment.

It is not entirely clear how much legal authority Italian officials have over the Vatican Bank, since the Vatican is technically a sovereign state.
    Here's a clue how much legal authority the Italian government can assert if they have the stones to do so. What the Italian government gave, it can take away. The Italian government can revoke the Lateran Accords if they so choose. That would place the matter squarely in Italian hands. If the Vatican Bank does not fully cooperate in this matter, the Italian government should seriously discuss the option of taking matters into their own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Or how about: "For Those Who Think They Have a Lock on All Knowledge and Wisdom in the Universe"?
    Also known as the religious? I have yet to hear someone that is religious have any bit of uncertainty in their belief. While I am pretty certain there is no personal god I do think a "creator" of sorts is plausible but not likely , as do most atheists.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast