Is Yoga An Anti-Christian Practice?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Yoga An Anti-Christian Practice?

Is Yoga An Anti-Christian Practice?

Here's an interesting article to ponder.

Is Yoga An Anti-Christian Practice? - TIME NewsFeed

Did you hear about the idiots in Cambridge MA? Now when you get a parking ticket, there are yoga instructions on them to relieve your stress. I don't call it assachusetts for nothing!
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

I have always believed that Yoga was diametrically opposed to Christianity but now it is so fashionably cool to be doing it that Christians are practicing it without caring what it stands for or what it's final goal is. Too bad they don't investigate it's roots and purpose. But then you have the so called Christians that agree with abortion, go figure! This is an interesting topic but just wondering how it relates to CCP?

I definitely have mixed feelings about this.

I "do" believe Yoga in it's purist sense is diametrically opposed to Christianity. But, I think some of the exercises done in the "practice" of Yoga are physically beneficial.

As a christian with physical problems that "modern" medicine CANNOT help, I have discovered yoga, accupuncture and "herbal" suppliments are FAR superior to "modern" medicine's prescription drugs and treatments.

One would have to be very insecure about their belief in Jesus to feel threatened by Yoga

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I definitely have mixed feelings about this.

I "do" believe Yoga in it's purist sense is diametrically opposed to Christianity. But, I think some of the exercises done in the "practice" of Yoga are physically beneficial.

As a christian with physical problems that "modern" medicine CANNOT help, I have discovered yoga, accupuncture and "herbal" suppliments are FAR superior to "modern" medicine's prescription drugs and treatments.
    I'm with you.. The actual exercises are great, but the concept behind it that instructors invariably teach along with itis the problem... Find a swami and duct tape his mouth shut and enjoy!!!
    Not unlike many forms of music, I don't believe there are any Non-Christian melody/music but the lyrics is what makes it non/anti Christian...

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

If you practice "Deity" Yoga then it possibly could be anti Christian. If you practice simply as a form of exercise then I don't believe it is. If it were then many martial arts would also be considered anti Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    If you practice "Deity" Yoga then it possibly could be anti Christian. If you practice simply as a form of exercise then I don't believe it is. If it were then many martial arts would also be considered anti Christian.
    Some Christians refer to weightlifting as a Luciferian activity.

Yoga

If you research Yoga and it's origins then you'll see that the whole orientation of it is to get you to a state of Nirvana. It is the spiritual goal of all true yoga instructors. And doing it for exercise purposes well here is a good scripture... I Cor 5:6 " Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?" Like I said it is fashionably popular to do right now. If you can participate in an activity that promotes New Age and are not convicted, then end of discussion. But, what ever happened to the good old fashion style of stretching and holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Hildab View Post
    ... But, what ever happened to the good old fashion style of stretching and holding?
    The one thing I found out when undergoing a year of physical rehab is: "Most of the stretching and holding exercises are taken directly from yoga positions."

So, I would have to give up my stretching exercises to avoid what basically are "Yoga" movements and positions.

Believe me, as a Christian minister this really bothered me for a long while!

I did not like having do do yoga exercises in order to get stronger and increase my mobility. But, I hated the PAIN and the thought of being confined to a wheelchair more.

That's when God revealed to me; these exercises were just another thing that GOD meant for our good; and Satan perverted into something bad.

If we avoid exercisig because of "yoga' perversion, then by this same logic, NO Christian should listen to ANY type of music.
    Because-
    Lucifer was the praise & worship leader in Heaven. When he was cast out of Heaven, he then proceeded to pervert music into what we know today.

So, should a christian "NOT" listen to any music or watch any tv or movies because of satanic perversion?

OR

Should me do what the Bible says and go forth, take Dominion over the enemy and RECLAIM the things of GOD that were stolen from us?

IMHO;
    We cannot let things GOD created for good continue to be stolen from us by the enemy.

I believe it is completely possible to engage in physical exercise AND take care of ourselves through some "alternatve" methods of healthcare without sinning in the eyes of God.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast