Sex abuse victim learns of Pope's role. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sex abuse victim learns of Pope's role.

What I don't understand is if I had a son and anyone molested him, they would relocate them to a 6 foot hole. Some of these parents take pay offs Jackson did it. The State should find the parents unfit and take their kids. If they did that it would help to correct some of these problems. The Catholic Church used to sell tickets to Heaven.

Not justifying anything BUT..........Priests are humans as well. Trust in no man, have faith in God. Too many times in my life I've seen what I thought were really good men go down in flames. Not sure why. All I can do is be accountable for my side of the street.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Thumbs down Catholic Church's shuck and jive

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    ...Even more disturbing was the fact that he was RELOCATED and allowed to continue his duties as a priest. SICKENING!
    And unfortunatly all too comman in the Catholic Church.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Not justifying anything BUT..........Priests are humans as well. Trust in no man, have faith in God. Too many times in my life I've seen what I thought were really good men go down in flames. Not sure why. All I can do is be accountable for my side of the street.
    Being a Catholic, I get upset about the corrupt things happening in the Church. These happenings are caused by MEN, not by our God. The tenets of the Catholic Church are as viable as the tenets of any church, Protestant or Catholic. We look to Jesus Christ for our leadership. The Pope is not considered to be infallible except in morals and dogma, and then only when speaking"ex cathedra". For anything else, he puts his pants on the same as I do. It is easy to condemn the entire church because of the actions of men throughout the ages. How about Protestants? What is said about them? How about Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker and others? The men were condemned for their actions, not their churches. Is a Baptist anymore a bad person because his minister is a philanderer or crook? How about a Methodist? The message of God remains the same regardless of the church name or the actions of it's leaders. Just because I read about some minister or other church official being corrupt, I do not spread venamous statements about their church. One may berate the individuals for their actions, not their entire church. I rather doubt that there are different gates in Heaven for the different denominations to enter. Our main concern, individually, is to get right with God and hope to enter Heaven, period!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Being a Catholic, I get upset about the corrupt things happening in the Church.
    And you have the power to make things right, vote with your feet and walk away from the Catholic Church.

Read your daily newspapers for all the secular, public school employees, Drs, Dentists and other faith communities that are now in the public eye. And yes these people get shifted around from place to place. (I know personally of three) The main difference is that since you can't sue the STATE teachers are covered only by their own insurance (no deep pockets) and most of the small faith communities are independent with very limited resources again no deep pockets.
    The Catholic Church being perceived as RICH (this depends on the parish most are not and our schools and other extras are closed because of things that happened before many of the members were born) they get sued and the structure of the Catholic hierarchy is easier to follow then the small faith communities. The situations are not excusable but they happened 20+ years ago. That was in the middle of the sexual revolution that we are now seeing the true fruits of in 2010. Just look around you. Then again 20+ years ago the secular medical advice was that pedophilia and homosexuality was curable (so people went to therapy and were returned to their jobs secular and religious)as it turned out it mostly is not. In todays society they don't even try to cure the problems.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And you have the power to make things right, vote with your feet and walk away from the Catholic Church.
    G50AE: Walking away is not an option. I prefer to stay in my church and make the necessary changes from within. If everyone walked away from their church every time a crisis or indiscretion arose, ALL the churches would be empty. The tenets of our faith remain the same, only the actions of some individuals are wrong, not our tenets. I find it hard to believe that such insensitivity still exists in this country and lack of knowledge by people concerning other religions. I find it very interesting to study other religions and the knowledge I have gained has made me more steadfast in my own beliefs. At least I try to know what I am talking about when discussing other religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    G50AE: Walking away is not an option. I prefer to stay in my church and make the necessary changes from within. If everyone walked away from their church every time a crisis or indiscretion arose, ALL the churches would be empty. The tenets of our faith remain the same, only the actions of some individuals are wrong, not our tenets. I find it hard to believe that such insensitivity still exists in this country and lack of knowledge by people concerning other religions. I find it very interesting to study other religions and the knowledge I have gained has made me more steadfast in my own beliefs. At least I try to know what I am talking about when discussing other religions.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12