Sex abuse victim learns of Pope's role.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex abuse victim learns of Pope's role.

Exclamation Sex abuse victim learns of Pope's role.

Sex abuse victim learns of Pope's role CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

I supose that the Pope is going to use his Hitler Youth training and come up with the excuse, "I was just following orders." And this guy is supposed to be considered infallible in matters of faith and morals, or perhaps in this case we should say lack of them.

Sorry to say , but the governing end of the Catholic Church is and has been corrupt for as far back as I can remember, and I'm 62. While I have no problem with the Catholic religion, the Catholic Church is as corrupt as it gets. Pedophiles and homosexual priests have always been "protected" by the Vatican. Whenever a priest is caught, they just move him from one parish to another where no one knows him or his evil deeds. Now, the trail of deceit and corruption leads directly to the very top, the Pope. When are the Catholic people going to get their head out of the sand and demand a house clearing and get rid of any and all priests who have ever abuse even one person, male or female ----- PERIOD. But you know what? It is not going to happen; probably never will. Pedophilia and homosexuality is too ingrained in the church to ever be cleaned out and removed. Pretty sad.
    Kill them all and let God sort them out!

Surely makes one wonder when priests and up do not get "fired"--just moved about.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    Sorry to say , but the governing end of the Catholic Church is and has been corrupt for as far back as I can remember, and I'm 62. While I have no problem with the Catholic religion, the Catholic Church is as corrupt as it gets. Pedophiles and homosexual priests have always been "protected" by the Vatican. Whenever a priest is caught, they just move him from one parish to another where no one knows him or his evil deeds. Now, the trail of deceit and corruption leads directly to the very top, the Pope. When are the Catholic people going to get their head out of the sand and demand a house clearing and get rid of any and all priests who have ever abuse even one person, male or female ----- PERIOD. But you know what? It is not going to happen; probably never will. Pedophilia and homosexuality is too ingrained in the church to ever be cleaned out and removed. Pretty sad.
    It's been a lot longer than that. The Catholic church has been corrupt since at least the 1400s. That is a large part of why Martin Luther initiated the Protestant Reformation, which was the first real challenge of the Catholic church's power. Until then the Pope spoke for all Christianity. Now he only speaks for the Catholic church, whether he realizes it or not.

Luther is pretty much the father of the Protestant church (Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Episcopal, etc). Had the Catholics listened to him they would be in a lot better shape.

There is a sect of the Catholic church that does not recognize the pope as its leader. I cannot remember what they call themselves though they use the term Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    It's been a lot longer than that. The Catholic church has been corrupt since at least the 1400s. That is a large part of why Martin Luther initiated the Protestant Reformation, which was the first real challenge of the Catholic church's power. Until then the Pope spoke for all Christianity. Now he only speaks for the Catholic church, whether he realizes it or not.

Luther is pretty much the father of the Protestant church (Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Episcopal, etc). Had the Catholics listened to him they would be in a lot better shape.

There is a sect of the Catholic church that does not recognize the pope as its leader. I cannot remember what they call themselves though they use the term Catholic.
    If you stop and think about it, American Catholics, as one example, follow the Pope only to a degree. You think all practicing Catholics don't use birth control, for example? Not so. And there are other spiritual and liturgical issues as well. It would be a mistake to think that all Catholics rigidly follow all instructions from the Vatican.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    If you stop and think about it, American Catholics, as one example, follow the Pope only to a degree. You think all practicing Catholics don't use birth control, for example? Not so. And there are other spiritual and liturgical issues as well. It would be a mistake to think that all Catholics rigidly follow all instructions from the Vatican.
    True, however there is a specific set that doesn't think the Pope is anything special, and do not recognize him as any sort of authority. I still can't remember what they are called.

At one time there were 4 or 5 popes claiming the title. Germany, France, Spain, Rome, and the Eastern Orthodox church all had their favorites. Each would excommunicate the others like kids fighting on a playground. Rome eventually won out by various means and the Vatican began its "reign of terror" to purge the church of dissidents. They ended up in near total control of the world--and then the reformation began, America opened up, and the Bible was translated into many languages. It was no longer controlled by the church and Latin speaking priests that no one understood. William Tyndale made the statement to a bishop--I would that plowboy out working the field would know as much about the Bible as you. William translated the Bible into the English language. He was forced to flee England but was tricked into coming back and killed by the church leaders for heresy. If you have never read "Foxxes Book of Martyrs" then please do so. You will be shocked at some of the things done by the "church"(Catholic). Will not get into some of the other things the church did during and after the inquisitions to raise money.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Surely makes one wonder when priests and up do not get "fired"--just moved about.
    They must have a realy good union representing them.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    Sorry to say , but the governing end of the Catholic Church is and has been corrupt for as far back as I can remember, and I'm 62.
    There is another thread discussing the Vatican Bank's possible involvement in money laundering. The movie, Godfather Part III is probably a lot closer to the truth than most people think.

During my MANDITORY interview to get the churches approval to be married, my wife to be and I both got a very strange vibe from the priest...He pretty much ignored my wife, and by that I mean there wasn't even any eye contact, let alone conversation directed her way. And throughout the interview he was "taking notes" on a legal pad that I got a look at later..It was filled with scribbles and little pictures, not notes. We left the room and we began to discuss how strange what just happend was...Several weeks past and the police from a neighboring town were following up on complaints about " solicitation " in the mens rooms at a county park. Several people were arrested during an undercover sting, and our priest was among them...Even more disturbing was the fact that he was RELOCATED and allowed to continue his duties as a priest. SICKENING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast