Religion as an excuse for sexual harassment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Religion as an excuse for sexual harassment.

Religion as an excuse for sexual harassment.

Religion is too often an excuse for many bad things.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Yes, the pattern is obvious - people who hate god are making false accusations against one of god's prophets.

Gee I am gone for a while and when I come back the Christian bashers are still alive and well.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Gee I am gone for a while and when I come back the Christian bashers are still alive and well.
    Witch ones?

Arrow Update

Tentative trial date set for sexual coercion suits against pastor - CNN.com

Looks like Eddie Long will have his day in court some time in July. This of course assumes that he doesn't pay out hush money to the victims.

Rev Long may not be the most accountable example of ministers today.
    Or, it could really be more of attempt to bring him down. There's lots of gray areas in the articles posted.

Either way, he does not make or break my spirituality. No one is immune from greed, corruption, mudslingging or persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Yep they are alive and well.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    No one is immune from greed, corruption, mudslingging or persecution.
    As far as the religious ones are concerned, the one from local around here I found most amusing was Ted Haggard:

Ted Arthur Haggard (born June 27, 1956) is an American evangelical preacher. Known as Pastor Ted to the congregation he serves, he is the founder and former pastor of the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado; a founder of the Association of Life-Giving Churches; and was leader of the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE) from 2003 until November 2006.

In November 2006, prostitute and masseur Mike Jones alleged that Haggard had paid Jones to engage in sex with him for three years and had also purchased and used crystal methamphetamine.[1] A few days later Haggard resigned from all of his leadership positions.

After the scandal was publicized, Haggard entered three weeks of intensive counseling, overseen by four ministers. In February 2007, one of those ministers, Tim Ralph, said that Haggard "is completely heterosexual."[2] Ralph later said he meant that therapy "gave Ted the tools to help to embrace his heterosexual side." As of early 2009, Haggard continues to receive counseling, and now he says that he is a “heterosexual with issues.”[3] On June 1, 2010 Haggard announced that he intended to start a new church in Colorado Springs.[4]

Dude had a wife and kids. What a joke. Not.

Pattern has 2 t's. However, thanks for your input on the clip issue. Yes, it truly is a magazine, but I like many others have used the terms interchangeably for years, even if it is technically not correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast