Anger At God Common, Even Among Athiests
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anger At God Common, Even Among Athiests

Anger At God Common, Even Among Athiests

It seems even atheists get angry with God. If there is no God how can you be angry with him? Of course the article does state that some became atheist after a family tragedy.

Anger at God common, even among atheists – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

God gave us a free will to make our own decisions. Some times our decisions and the decisions of others get us in trouble. It's just easy to blame god.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

It is ok to get mad at God, just do not abandon him because he will not abandon you.

Atheist don't believe in any gods. Claiming atheist get angry with someone else's imaginary supernatural being is nonsense. It would be the equivalent of a Christian claiming he is angry with one of the Hindu gods that the Christian doesn't even believe exists. I'm amazed at what people will swallow without thinking.

Neither do atheists get angry with Superman or Casper the Ghost or Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy. Atheist don't shake their fists at things that don't exists.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Atheist don't believe in any gods. Claiming atheist get angry with someone else's imaginary supernatural being is nonsense. It would be the equivalent of a Christian claiming he is angry with one of the Hindu gods that the Christian doesn't even believe exists. I'm amazed at what people will swallow without thinking.

Neither do atheists get angry with Superman or Casper the Ghost or Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy. Atheist don't shake their fists at things that don't exists.
    But I have seen Atheists Say G.D. it, or J.C. when they hit their thumb with a hammer..
    I've never seen one say Superman or Casper or Buddha Damn..
    I wonder why that is? I wonder if, in the orient, they say Buddha Damn it???
    OR in India do they say Krishna Damn it??? Hummm

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    But I have seen Atheists Say G.D. it, or J.C. when they hit their thumb with a hammer..
    What leads you to think that a person who says "god damn it" is referring to your particular version of a god?

What leads you to think that a person who says "god damn it" is referring to your particular version of a god?
    Because its the only one, duh.. Saying god damn is no different than any of the other expletives..
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Why does it need to refer to any particular God/gods??
    An Atheist by definition doesn't believe in ANY God/gods, so why would they ask God/gods to damn anything??

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I would think the use of the GD word by an Atheist is just a swear word with no meaning but an expression of frustration and any word made up such as (example) frizle paz or the more known adjectives are equally interchangable...
    Analogy: Just as young children all too often learn and use profanities long before they understand their meaning, a word is just that a word unless you give it the power of meaning..
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I've said "F*&$ Me!" after hitting my thumb, but certainly wasn't asking anyone around me to perform such an act. Also said "Holy Moly" and "Googly Moogly", but to tell the truth I don't believe in Mr. Moly or Mr. Moogly.
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast