help with getting my ccw in ri
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with getting my ccw in ri

1. help with getting my ccw in ri

im looking for help and advice in getting my ri ccw. i know they just dont hand them out without restriction unless you can give a valid reason other than all lawful purposes ,what should be written in the letter other than that reason

Not sure about RI.....

but welcome to the site and good luck on getting your CCW!

I'm sure someone in here on the east coast can help you out.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

We need a little more information......

Welcome aboard the 2A ship, Jrek. We could probably help you better with a bit more information. For example, if you handle lots of cash or similarly valuable merchandise i.e. jewelry, then you could submit a letter from your employer stating that fact. Even better if you make bank deposits.

Good luck!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

5. yes i do not do any deposits or anything to do with jewlery or etc but the state is suppose to be a may issue but i was told the town is suppose to be a shall issue .. should i go to the town and get one , try the ag office . i dont under stand if its a con.right how can i be denied?

Unhappy Sorry, Jrek. RI is a bit slippery with their terms.

Quote Originally Posted by jrek View Post
    yes i do not do any deposits or anything to do with jewlery or etc but the state is suppose to be a may issue but i was told the town is suppose to be a shall issue .. should i go to the town and get one , try the ag office .
    Well, even though RI terms its process "Shall Issue", because of the requirement to show need, it is in essence a "May Issue" state. Would your boss help you out with showing need?

i dont under stand if its a con.right how can i be denied?
    We are all trying to wrap our heads around that one, Jrek.
    Last edited by Boomboy007; 02-04-2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: wrong term.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

7. what if i get a letter from family member who is in realastate stating that i do evictions and clean outs of his foreclosed properties

Red face Not bad, but.....

what if i get a letter from family member who is in realastate stating that i do evictions and clean outs of his foreclosed properties
    I would leave off the "doing evictions" part (why, he is an armed guy going looking for trouble) and stress the "clean outs of foreclosed properties" part (he was just doing his job when this irate former homeowner came looking for trouble). Other than that, it sounds like a plan. Incidentally, if you don't already, I would ask your family member to let you help with at least one real clean out. Just make sure it is not my house!

9. Help with getting CCW

I believe what jrek was trying to say was: If it is a constitutional right, how can he be denied? You might ask that of the legislators in Wisconsin and Illinois. they are the only two staes, taht according to the permit map, do not issue permits in any case.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Cool Almost there, fuzman.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    I believe what jrek was trying to say was: If it is a constitutional right, how can he be denied? You might ask that of the legislators in Wisconsin and Illinois. they are the only two staes, taht according to the permit map, do not issue permits in any case.
    Unfortunately, Wuz, that map really does not tell the whole story. We also have fellow citizens in American Samoa and North Mariana that downright deny the people their 2A right. Closer to home, the other three territories and several states style themselves as "may issue" states. Truth be told, most of these "may issue" states are, in reality, "right denied" states.

The kicker, for me, is that it seems the more dangerous the location, the more the right to protection is crushed. Truly sad, and it will spread if we don't thwart the gun grabbers now.

jrek, I'm a part time RI resident and checked into getting a ccw last summer. Technically your local police or sherriff is authorized to issue a permit, however,it seems they have tried to remove themselves of this responsibility (illegally I'm quite sure). The locals will tell you to submit your request directly to the State AG.
    If you don't personally know him, you can pretty much kiss it off. Good luck.
    Oh, I do have my blue card and yellow card for RI.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast