SIG Sauer p238 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer p238

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    Why a 380 when you can have more such as a Kimber Solo.
    As Ive posted elsewhere I actually wanted the Kimber Solo...if you look up the specs you'll find they are exactly the same as the P238...the only spec that was different P238 $499....Solo 9mm $850 , when i went to pick my pistol up I was still on they way wavering as to which one to get, when i asked to see the Solo they only had s.s. version with a laser mounted $1200.00 YIKES so of course I opted for the P238 and have been very happy with my purchase since

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    Why a 380 when you can have more such as a Kimber Solo.
    As Ive posted elsewhere I actually wanted the Kimber Solo...if you look up the specs you'll find they are exactly the same as the P238...the only spec that was different P238 $499....Solo 9mm $850 , when i went to pick my pistol up I was still wavering as to which one to get, when i asked to see the Solo they only had s.s. version with a laser mounted $1200.00 YIKES so of course I opted for the P238 and have been very happy with my purchase since

4. I've put about 750+++ rds and now I reload for my 238. I am 70 and love to shoot my Lil pet 238. No recoil pains at all after a box of 50 rds.

I hesitate to carry with the hammer cocked so I close it with a loaded chamber then put on the safety. Before being chastised, I practice draw, safety off cock and shoot every week at range.

I preferred my S&W 38 snubby to carry but this sig makes me leave the 38 at home. Oh yes the Bullard BTW I juSt love to carry this sig.

Quote Originally Posted by OleEd View Post
    I've put about 750+++ rds and now I reload for my 238. I am 70 and love to shoot my Lil pet 238. No recoil pains at all after a box of 50 rds.

I hesitate to carry with the hammer cocked so I close it with a loaded chamber then put on the safety. Before being chastised, I practice draw, safety off cock and shoot every week at range.

I preferred my S&W 38 snubby to carry but this sig makes me leave the 38 at home. Oh yes the Bullard BTW I juSt love to carry this sig.
    Nice, as a fellow reloader who is still considering one, it's nice to know it will eat reloads reliably.

6. thanks for the review

7. Like the way it felt but spent my money on the LCP AND the LC9 from Ruger. More power to those that can afford the Sig as it is a fine carry option but I am raising two kids and can't justify spending that much on one 380.

Quote Originally Posted by rilkil23 View Post
    Like the way it felt but spent my money on the LCP AND the LC9 from Ruger. More power to those that can afford the Sig as it is a fine carry option but I am raising two kids and can't justify spending that much on one 380.
    On gunbroker I see the LC9 is around $400. I see p238s for around $500. A $100 doesn't seem like a significant difference. If the p238 was closer to $700 I could see your reasoning, but guns are not one of the items in my life I try to save a few dollars on.

9. I concur that sigs do cost more than other brand but MY belief is that for self-defense buy what you have the most confidence in and what "feels" best in your hand and not what the cost is.... For example, I personally believe Kimbers are good quality but way way over priced. Held and shot them and considered them for home defense but not for me - they just didn't feel right. My .45 home defense pistol is a Remingtin 1911 R1 i bought for $400. It feels and handles like the one I carried in Nam with the Marines. Getting ready to use it in Idpa local shoots here.

Bottom line is price should not be the final factor when buying. Confidence and feel in the pistol your going to hang your life on in the deal.....

10. Quote Originally Posted by Turkules77 View Post
    On gunbroker I see the LC9 is around $400. I see p238s for around $500. A $100 doesn't seem like a significant difference. If the p238 was closer to $700 I could see your reasoning, but guns are not one of the items in my life I try to save a few dollars on.
    I was able to buy my LCP and LC9 for $530.00 and that was the pair. The Sig feels good but for a 380 I am more comfortable owning the Rugers. Had someone offered me a good deal on the Sig I am sure I would have jumped at the opportunity.

11. Well I have carried my P238 for the last 18 months and so Impressed with it I decided that when i finally could afford a 3in 1911 i looked hard at SIG again and was impressed. Find out afterward that the CEO of SIG is a former VP of Kimber. But my 238 the first 200 rounds i had issues with FTE,and Jamming. Researched the issue and found that every time it did it i was using an after market Pro-Mag magazine, since stop using and 0 since. So stay away from non Sig mags with this weapon. Also my friend has the Colt Pocket Mustang 380 which can use the same magazines(which i HIGHLY do NOT suggest)The P238 had issues and when using the mags in his older colt 380 also had jamming issues But his Colt 380 using the sig mags, 0 Jams. I have to say when the $580 Sig Blackwood 238 i bought did just as well if not better than his $800 Colt 380, Two Thumbs up SIG!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast