Regal Cinema - No Concealed Weapons Sign (Cherrydale) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regal Cinema - No Concealed Weapons Sign (Cherrydale)

The Colorado shooting was in Cinemark who does not want carry, ok, you don't want my money either and sign in Texas does not comply.

3. Just a reminder for those wanting to enjoy a movie while carrying, the Camelot theater does not have a no ccw sign posted. That's where we've gone to see the last couple of movies we've checked out.

Dave James
    C David James
    Gun Owner - CWP

Many theaters and stores have a "start up" kit. It will contain the usual no firearms decal which in SC means nothing. Managers rarely think they just stick up the decal. Toys R Us is a store where you will find the decal usually. They are of no consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Now I'm just going to play a good defense attorney here I hope, but my first thing is, none of the pictured signs look like a 7 inch circle. I just measured on a tape measure, and the distance from my thumb to my pinky finger is exactly 7 1/2". So I'm checking mine out next time. But the main thing I wanted to point out is that the law says that the diagonal line must be exactly 45 degrees to the horizontal. That means if you hold a level up to the window, the diagonal line must be 45 degrees. What are the odds of both the manufacture of the sticker and the person placing it on the door having it at exactly 45 degrees. Not too good!
    Regardless of whether the sign holds force of law is not the issue. The theater owner's wishes are clear. He may still ask you to leave if he believes you are armed. He can ask you to leave for pretty much any reason (other than violating civil rights). Gun owners aren't protected by the civil rights act and the theater owner is not bound by the second amendment; that's between you and the government. If you don't leave the police will be called. If you still refuse it's criminal trespass. Find another theater or try NETFLIX.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by cdjames View Post
    I have a question regarding the Regal Cinema at Cherrydale in Greenville. They have a proper No Concealed Weapons Sign posted. However, as I read the law it's not posted properly. It is not posted on a door but on a panel to the left of the entrance doors. It is no visible until you walk up to the doors and then only if you look directly to the left. Is this proper? Does it still apply?
    Your splitting hairs, if the sign doesn't comply, it doesn't comply. But either way why give them your money? Let management know WHY they've lost a customer, add them to every anti-gun database you can and give another theater your money. I'd also recomend the Posted App for your smartphone. You can add pics of the sign, mgmt contact info and also add gun friendly alternatives, which will steer even more people away. for $0.99 you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    I'd also recomend the Posted App for your smartphone. You can add pics of the sign, mgmt contact info and also add gun friendly alternatives, which will steer even more people away. for $0.99 you can't go wrong.
    Don't use the app. It's used by every anti-gun wacko and by persons who stalk and harass others. Simple truth? No one cares about losing the business. Companies are constantly threatened by people who don't like their policies. Starkist tuna doesn't care if you love dolphins or not. Meat packers don't care about PETA. Movie theaters don't care about gun rights. There just aren't enough people to make it count. Some Walmart stores are now posted. If a person wants to spend more money for groceries and other items that's OK. Not financially smart, but OK. If you only do business with those who support gun rights you're limiting yourself to a very small corner of the world.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123